Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mel ( )
Date: January 15, 2019 03:53PM

My Sunday School teacher said (back when I was going) "you have to be married to get into the Celestial Kingdom."

But, what if your spouse has died, or you WERE married but now divorced, does that count? What if you are intending to get married but you both die when you are just engaged, does that count?

Did anybody ever ask those questions? I was always too intimidated to ask and too lazy/uninterested to look it up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 15, 2019 07:24PM

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 15, 2019 07:25PM

In the celestial kingdom are three seperate levels.

Baptism is required to even enter.

No one talks about the middle level.

The highest level requires at least one spouse. If your spouse was not faithful or you couldn't find a spouse one or more will be provided for you.

The highest level is where one becomes a god, having eternal increase.

So no you don't need a spouse to enter, but you need at least one to become a god.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 15, 2019 08:29PM

I was told in my twenties that if I was still single in my 40's to consider getting sealed in proxy to a guy that I believed was my soul mate who died young. If by then I hadn't met and married someone suitable for me.

He was someone (a never Mo,) who I dreamt about the night before we met that we were on our third honeymoon. Then I met him the following evening when he was introducing the guest speaker at a volunteer meeting we both attended.

I dreamt after he had died but before I knew he was gone that he and I were married in heaven.

That was during my time as a TBM. It was a bishop during my college days who told me that yes he and I could be married by proxy in the temple someday. Maybe since I'm no longer a Mormon I can hold my own marriage ceremony. I've always felt that he and I were meant to be together since we met.

I believe if there is reincarnation we are destined to meet again. That was the meaning of the "third honeymoon" in the dream I had before our first meeting I think. Was that this life was our third incarnation where we were brought together.

Yet there is no memory of past lives. When I die I expect my memory of this life will be scrubbed based on the life experience I've had with this past love of mine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.