Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 12:05AM

I'm sitting here on a snowy mountainside looking down at the valley where I grew up and remembering that somewhere very near to where I am sitting there was supposed to be a cache of Nephite treasure left by Mormon or Moroni or one of their men. There is indeed a cave here that has been filled in with cement, by the forest service or the county, I'm not sure which. I've been in it many times in the 70s but never found a shekel, breastplate or sword. Our grandfathers had heard an apostle of the lord tell them that there were many of these caches in the Wasatch because the lord new the faithful would eventually find their way here. No more Nephite treasures, no more sweeping prohesy, no more mention of the Lamanites who once lived here and who were rapidly turning whiter each school year in the Indian Placement Program. Gone ... Poof, now we are no longer Mormons but Nelsonites ...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 12:58AM

The sad part of Utah history as taught in Utah schools is the complete absence of any recognition of Spanish settlement in the 1500s and 1600s.

Most Utah text books start with Father Escalante in the late 1700s and he only "looked" at the sacred Salt Lake Valley from the mountains.

There are minor acknowledgments of trappers but the main theory is no white folks between the Nephites and the Mormons.

The reality that for a century Spanish miners and missionaries as well as a few settlements existed along the Wasatch but primarily in Utah valley.

Old Spanish maps detail the area.

There are many abandoned mines dating back to the early 1600s. They government tries to seal off the ones they consider dangerous.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 10:40AM

The Spanish weren’t into genocide.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 11:32PM

I'm not aware of Spanish doing any mining in Utah. Any sources you have I'd like to know about. From research I've done they were said to have heard legends from the Indians. Expeditions were sent in the 1500's North to from Mexico to look for the 7 cities of Gold. That was legend from the Indians. The Spaniards believed the Indians and came North with their oxen wagons and searched up and down the San Juans but didn't come up with much. They settled Sante Fe New Mexico and continued looking around and dug a few shafts in the San Juans, but the Utes (who roamed all of the western Colorado mountains) were extremely brutal and killed anyone on sight.

Now of course we know the Indians were right, there is lots of gold in the San Juan Rockies, especially in Ouray, Silverton.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 01:29AM

and start doing sweeps out in the wilderness areas. There must be a whole bunch of Book of Mormon money a few feet under the surface. If you work hard at it and pray, I prophesy that you'll have much success at finding senines, seons, shums and limnahs of gold, as well as senums, amnors, ezroms and ontis of silver.

I can almost guarantee that you'll have at least as much success as Joe, Ollie, Sidney and Hyrum had finding gold and silver in Salem, as promised in D&C 111.

I had a few senums a while back. They're exactly the same size as quarters and I found that they can be used in vending machines. Unfortunately, I lost control of my appetite one day and spent them all on vending machine snacks, so I can't show them to you. And an angel came and took all my ontis up to heaven one night when I was in the bathroom. I came out of the bathroom and saw a glow in my bedroom. "Damn you Moroni!" I cried out. "You best not be stealing my Nephite coins!" But I was too late. I saw Moroni with all my Nephite money in his arms, laughing an evil laugh as he stepped into a bright white tunnel and disappeared.

That's the one catch. Those thieving erstwhile Nephites who are now angels. You think the golden plates were taken by the angel on God's instruction? Think again. Those guys have sticky fingers and nobody knows where they're stashing all the Nephite treasure. So if you get out there with the metal detector and still can't find any shums or ezroms, it was probably the dirty Nephite angels who got there first and stole the loot.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 02:12AM

The problem with your prophesy, WP, is that the treasures are slippery. If you find them and start digging, they will move laterally under the surface and disappear.

Samuel the Lamanite tells us that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2019 02:14AM by Lot's Wife.

Date: January 22, 2019 10:33PM

I remember reading about how Joe would get his marks/dupes all worked up on their treasure hunts, after "locating" treasure with his peepstone. He'd be looking at his peepstone while they were digging, telling them that they were getting closer, closer, closer and...OH NO! Damn the bad luck! Turned out the treasure was cursed and had slipped down out of reach. Oh, well, what can you do? Slippery is slippery. Cursed is cursed. Pirate ghosts will be pirate ghosts. Joe did his bit and led them to the right spot.

Someday, maybe they'll make a really good movie about the real Joseph Smith. If they do, I hope that Paul Simon's "Slip Slidin' Away" will be the theme song for Joe's treasure-hunting days.

Posted by: Curelom Joe ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 11:48PM

I'll gladly hire out my herd of pack cureloms to help anyone to haul out their newfound shums and ezroms of gold and silver, in exchange for a small percentage.

Date: January 23, 2019 12:35AM

one senum per onti (or equivalent) that your cureloms haul out of there. If you expect more, I'll have to take my business elsewhere. I'm getting proposals from cumom owners to haul out the loot for only one-fourth of a senum per onti (or its equivalent). Sure, cumoms are slow, but I'm not in a big hurry.

Posted by: tikbalang ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 01:40AM

All the nephrite treasure the church has found is stored in the church vault....they keep it in a thimble !!!LOL

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 07:50AM

Haha.
:)

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 09:42AM

I was watching an old Unsolved Mystery case (late Robert Stack) about an underground river in Nevada. So there's your hidden cache of Nephite treasures. lol

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 11:45PM

I just googled "underground Nevada river". By the first couple of pages of 49 million results there might be some truth to the possibility of the largest underground river (sarcasm) located under the Nevada desert.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 09:59AM

I think you finally ended the search for the true name of the former Mormons. Nelsonites. I will be using that from time to time. Makes me smile. The truth always packs the most humor. And the truth is that Nelson or the "Prophet du Jour" now plainly trumps any previous prophet and only his word counts. So for this time and place, nothing could be more on target than Nelsonites. I will accidentally on purpose let that slip with the TBM family.

Also, I really appreciate your last line. At my age I have seen every last bit that was unique to Mormonism, even Mormon glory, scurry off into the ether with its tail between its legs. Nice to be able to see clearly now.

Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 10:08AM

If I get enough booze in me, I just may send an email to all my TBM family and ask how it feels to be a 'Nelsonite'...

...Classic!

Date: January 22, 2019 10:35PM

Recovery from Nelsonism.

Date: January 23, 2019 12:17AM

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 10:48AM

Nephite treasure hidden in the Wasatch Mountains. The site of the Manti Temple dedicated by Moroni. Brigham Young said that one of the last great Book of Mormon battles was fought West of where Enterprise UT is now located. BY also said that the Gadianton Robbers hid out on the red cliffs North of St. George.

Why haven't the "limited geography theory" Mormon apologists figured out that the real location of the Book of Mormon action was the future state of Deseret?

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 02:02PM

in b 4 ~

The vast basement of the RfM Administrative Control Center contains a Smithsonian-like repository of all things Mormon collected by apostates around the world and sent there to be cataloged, archived and studied ~

There one can peruse the world’s largest collection of ancient Lamanite pikes, swords and halberds ~

Rows of shelves groan under the weight of wooden chests full of Nephite coins ~

Other shelves hold glass jars containing specimens of silk, honey, barley and wheat – all from Book of Mormon times! ~

There is even an ancient Aztec mural bearing the very image of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr. dressed as Quetzalcoatl, Jr. ~

It is rumored that the basement of the RfM Administrative Control Center has secret tunnels and bunkers containing even more artifacts that only the elite of the ExMo hierarchy are allowed to see ~

It is said that deep within this heavily guarded vault the Apostates possess such treasures as the shrunken head of Brigham Young, the lost 116 pages of the Book of Mormon, and, it is even whispered, the mummified body of RealJesus®! ~

Date: January 23, 2019 12:24AM

Wilford Wood was commisioned by the general authorities to collect as many mormon artifacts as he could and bring them back to Salt Lake City. He found many interesting items including books of the occult owned by Joseph Smith, canes made from Smiths Coffin, and the Joseph Smith Jupiter Talisman. Wood had a huge building built in south bountiful area called Val Verde, a round building with a green roof, and erected a 25 ft golden statue of angel moroni and had himself buried under it, but the Undertaker Mr. Russon, had to cut off Woods legs at the knees to fit in the space the contractor had made for a casket. No bullshit. I have seen it with my own eyes. If you ask about this building the owners will get very closed mouth about what's inside.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 03:12PM

All the nephite loot is hidden deep within the dream mine.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 04:21PM

" . . . even an ancient Aztec mural bearing the very image of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Jr. dressed as Quetzalcoatl, Jr. ~"

So funny all of it, but that made my eyes roll back in my head. Hahah ha. I can so see this.

But hey, let's not be giving Arnold Freiberg any ideas.

Posted by: MarkJ ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 07:12PM

Apparently, a lot of it is still buried under Cumorah. Wherever that is.

https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1360&context=jbms

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 07:20PM

Comoros is in the Indian Ocean, with Moroni its capital.

If I were you, I'd get my metal detector and baseball cap and catch a flight there right away.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 08:06PM

A: Undeground right beneath your feet. And they always will be.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2019 08:07PM by anybody.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: January 22, 2019 09:51PM

In his book Reminiscences of Joseph, the Prophet, and the Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon, Edward Stevenson relates an interview with David Whitmer in 1877:

"These plates were bound by three small gold rings, and
would also be translated, as was the first portion in the days of Joseph.

When they are translated, much useful information will be brought to light. But till that day arrives, no Rochester adventurers
shall ever see them or the treasures, ...science and mineral rods testify that more plates of gold are there."

Does this sort of contrived crap come anywhere close to convincing us that a real cave fulla gold existed up there?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.