Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 31, 2019 08:27PM

Anyone have any info if this artsy, rather rich, well-educated and definitely mormon-centric community is experiencing a surge of members loosing their faith?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Taylor Swift ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 02:15AM

I had a missionary company from Alpine Utah for FOUR hellish months. Never met a more ignorant, selfish, hypocritical, "bullie" a-hole in my life. Four months of PURE HELL that almost drove me to suicide, and did drive me to almost dying (when I was on my death bed, almost, he left and visited a "girl" I found out later). He was everything "wrong" about Mormonism. I think he later became a bishop.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 03:56AM

What an awful loooong four months. Glad you survived and sorry you had to put up with such treatment.

Alpine, Utah has fascinated me for many reasons. Mainly a single home family community with strict regulations as to anything else that can build in the area (businesses, restaurants, even a library), making it so communities surrounding Alpine with such amenities have heavy Alpine resident use.

I've been told the population is 98% Mormon, but have no actual facts to back that up. The people I know and have been introduced to from the area (not a huge amount) have been friendly and kind to me, very TBM, so that I feel I cannot ask them about their views on members doubting or leaving Mormonism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2019 03:57AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 03:52PM

I'M SURE they aren't leaving the lds church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.