Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 27, 2019 07:49PM

regarding GC talks.

It used to be that you could predict the GC topics based on the latest Sunstone conference topics. Now it seems that any new revelation happens only to preempt the fallout from a scandal, and there is no way to predict the content of those types of revelations.

So what will they say this April?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: February 27, 2019 08:24PM

Missionaries' expenses will be paid for by the church. And the kids will get to pick their missions, which means that a lot of missions will be closing, but the lord's will be done. The closing of the Utah missions will be met with glee!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 27, 2019 08:57PM

Here's a wild guess: There'll be a lot of droning talk about the importance of following the Prophet!

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 27, 2019 09:04PM

They will give us even more sobbing testimony about the atonement.

Posted by: unclebruce ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 02:26AM

Mission length will be shortened. More discussion of "research is not the answer", "doubt your doubts", "stay on the boat", and other messages of following the words of current leadership. More preaching of reading the BoM and trusting "The Spirit". Rusty's new book on sale at all Deseret and Beehive Bookstores now for the low, low price of $34.99! $39.99 audiobook!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 07:32PM

Marketing idea, here. I would think that they could sell the audiobook version of Rusty's tome by prescription only, as a guaranteed sleep aid.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 03:22AM

At least ten new temples will be announced. The talks will be the same rehash as always but there will be more talk of being a home based church using the Come Follow Me manual and more talk on the importance of ministering.

A pretty good chance of "take your vitamins" Nelson popping some more administrative changes.

I think where the church is going is a greater focus on the temple and genealogy. The members will be constantly guilt tripped that they are not using the church's internet resources to do the temple work of their ancestors and of course they will be expected to do the temple work for them.

There actually might be less focus on proselyting non members since this has been a failure so now the church is going to focus on temple busy work more hoping this will replace missions as a member retention tool and of course to do this work requires a valid temple recommend.

In short. There will be greater focus on members having a temple recommend and doing temple work. With this being the new focus the church doesn't have to spend the money on meeting houses and activities. I think once the church saw activities don't keep people in the church they said ok bag entertaining the members. We will make them feel like they are part of something big and important like preparing the world for the coming of the Lord. Since nobody is interested in the church anymore we will just stress the members need to get their ancestors temple work done. We will retain the members we have by keeping them busy doing work for the dead because the living want nothing to do with the church.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 03:16PM

I predict the three hour block will be reduced to two hours.

What? If it was a good enough prediction for the last 53 consecutive General Conferences, it's good enough now.

Besides, predicting the past is so much more reliable than predicting the future.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 03:48PM

Rusty has learned to take up inline skating. The profit invites the whole world to follow him on skates.

Consequently, the church will offer an affordable hospital plan.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 04:15PM

Per my other post.

Restoring name of the Melchizedek priesthood to:

The holy priesthood after the order of the son of god.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 04:22PM

Rusty invites every stake president to take a plane ride with him, the profit. He offers each one the choice of a parachute or a copy of the BoM. Which one will each one choose?

He then pushes each one out of the airplane.

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 05:03PM

Duke
Kentucky
Gonzaga
north Carolina

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 05:35PM

slskipper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> regarding GC talks.

> So what will they say this April?

I doubt anything on this list but I could be wrong.

https://leadingsaints.org/bishop/

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 06:06PM

How blessed we are to have a living prophet called by God, and....

Follow your emotions. Ignore doubts, facts, and reality.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 28, 2019 06:40PM

The GAs & other invitees will once again prove how out-of-touch with the rank-and-file they truly are.

inthenameofcheeseandcrackers, Peace :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.