Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sb ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 09:36AM

Does anyone know the list of forbidden, non-curse words for this forum?

I cant post because some random, non-expletive is banned and I don't know the secret word, token or sign

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 10:19AM

Try posting a partial of your text to see what is blocking it. It is often an innocent set of letters. We have a list to block spammers. If we did not have the list, the board would be more difficult to admin. I will review again before heading out today to see what else can be removed.

Date: March 05, 2019 02:10PM

I have the most innocuous post and it keeps bouncing back. I'll try smaller sections.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 10:22AM

I have the tokens, but I do not sell them for money.

Try substituting a suspect word, and click on the preview button.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 11:44AM

A little while ago, I posted, on this thread, that certain social and political words also get blocked or deleted. I illustrated my point with two derogatory slang words, one for homosexuals and the other for African-Americans, but replaced certain consonants with asterisks. It was a serious post, with what I considered civilized illustrations.

The post--gone! And yet another thread freely throws around sarcastic references to Christ with wild abandon, no problem. I wait to see if THIS post gets the axe. And we wonder why SJw snowflakes want Huckleberry Finn deleted from the canon and removed from school libraries?

Posted by: good grief ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 02:07PM

Holy Christ, you whine a lot.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 11:26PM

"SJw snowflakes want Huckleberry Finn deleted from the canon and removed from school libraries"

Yet another strawman.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 11:47AM

Posts involving the sitcom Married With Children will not allow using Al's last name.

Date: March 05, 2019 02:24PM

That's it whyyyyy?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 09:16PM

Al's last name was also the name of a Mormon family that caused a ruckus on a wildlife refuge a few years ago. Threads that attempted to discuss that always got political and deleted. Admin just finally decided to not allow any discussion of that issue. As part of that, they banned the name to make the job of policing the issue easier.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 12:19PM

I think "pita" is a forbidden word.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 02:17PM

Caffiend,

I did not 'report' your post but I found it very offensive and I am glad the moderators did also.

If you check the guidelines on swearing, you will note that replacing letters with asterisks, as you did, does not make swearing acceptable.

I do not consider those two words you used as "slang" words as you defend them.

I consider their use is hate speech, I am surprised you used them and even more surprised that you came back again defending them, and I completely support the moderators removing that offensive post. I think you should review the guidelines before posting and complaining.

Thanks.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 02:29PM

Conservatives used to be called puritans. Now it's "progressives."

"REgressive" snowflakes.

--the Banned In Boston Fiend

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 06:55PM

Offensive people are often confused that "liberals" just want everyone treated with a modicum of decency and respect. It's not that they are "intolerant", it's that they don't tolerate disrespect of minorities and women and they don't tolerate hate speech. I'm sorry if your hate speech isn't tolerated here. Maybe you can find a forum where it is.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 06, 2019 04:25AM

What a drag it is getting old. If Brigham Young could hear the way we dog his whacked out rhetoric, he’d be like “What.”.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 02:34PM

When we were kids we used to say, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."

One of the biggest lies ever told.

Many of the deepest wounds show no blood or bruising.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: March 05, 2019 03:41PM

Done & Done Wrote:

> One of the biggest lies ever told.

Agreed, Done. I hope you have a good day. Hugs. :) :) :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.