Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: April 02, 2019 09:23AM

For half of my life I revered the great men who led the Lord's church and Kingdom on earth.

Now, in the second half of my life, I marvel that so many can listen reverently as the momentum of an illusion continues to gently pull the wool over the eyes of Our Heavenly Father's favorite children.

Children of Lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVIMq21NUYk

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 02, 2019 11:31AM

Welcome to adulthoood

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 03, 2019 03:19PM

In my twenties I was at someone's home and this person was ironing (I know, no one knows what that is) and watching general conference. This got my attention as I could not stand watching conference and here a person was watching it because, when I asked, she said she wanted to.

What? I found church speakers (when I attended with friends because they had to be there) telling off members for not doing enough ALL THE TIME, talk in a voice, all of them, that sounded so insincere and monotonous, and tell stories that preached, preached and preached some more to obey, pray, and pay.

Reverence for general conference? Surely you jest.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 03, 2019 04:32PM

Some of us grew up during a time when the most remarkable stories of spiritual greatness were experienced by highly chosen men called apostles. We never questioned their accuracy. After all, they wouldn't deliberately lie to deceive us. And then the internet made fact checking a lot more easier. (And the great morality stories became more generic and harder to disprove ~I have a friend that left the church...Now he's active...)

Now we all are so much wiser. We know realize that they lie all the time. They lie so frequently that they don't even realize when they are lying. It comes with the job as a general deceiver. They know it's a con and a fraud.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 04:37PM by messygoop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.