Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: May 03, 2019 08:17PM

#Metoo is not just about women who've been abused.
Many men were abused as children and they deserve to be defended, like all children and women victims. Fortunately I was spared, despite the fact I grew up in the infamous K2 Ward, which was a pit of vipers back in the 70's growing up. Little did I know. I feel like I grew up in a Blue Velvet movie script because nearly everything I thought was a perfectly innocent childhood, with nothing bad that ever happened to me, other than stupid shit I did to myself. Little did I know that most of my Mormon childhood Mormon friends were raped by our Mormon scout leader for a span of 4 years. I was a Mormon and a boy scout, but as soon as I found out what went on at scout campout overnighters, I quit and never went back. But my Mormon Dad didn't force me to do the whole scout thing before I got a license, I'd been driving since the time I was 12, to go find stray animals that got loose from our farm. My friends were not so lucky. The only way any of them got a car or a license was to get an Eagle Scout, from somebody who was a well known pedophile, to everybody but us kids, who every body just assumed had been magically 'cured' of his pedophilia by Jesus or Joseph or whatever. So since the Dads were all too interested in football they sent their kids off in the woods every month to go camping which turned out to be a scene from Deliverance every month, as the Scout Leader would sleep with a different scout every night and threatened them with punishment if they ever told anybody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 08:28PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: May 03, 2019 08:39PM

His name comes up 13 times in this...

https://mormonleaks.io/wiki/index.php?title=File:INSTANCES_OF_CHILD_SEXUAL_ABUSE_ALLEGEDLY_PERPETRATED_BY_MEMBERS_OF_THE_CHURCH_OF_JESUS_CHRIST_OF_LATTER-DAY_SAINTS-2017-06.pdf

Starting on page 20-22, 25 & 26.

Now, fortunately, most of those boys have been retired for 10 years with no more money worries, Thanks to Kosnoff, who's name is mentioned 5imes in the above leaked document.

Kosnoff is my hero, for getting my friends what they wanted, an apology for the way they were treated by the men who were charged with protecting them and failed to do so because they were more interested in "Protecting the Good Name of the Church" than they were in protecting innocent children.

But my friends had to sign an NDA in order to do so. So they can't talk about it.

Like my best friend in my life, who is still Mormon to this day. He is still a brother to me. Even though I have more to do with his kids than I do with him.

We grew up together, taking turns picking each other up each time we fell and helping each other out.
He was one of the victims.
So was his older Brother.
His older Brother was my hero.
Coolest cat ever.
He could do triple gainers out of the top of a fir tree on top of a cliff above the Green River Gorge and land like a knife in butter.
My best friend, refused to take part in the lawsuit and turned on those who did, because he didn't think it was fair to go after the church when it was an individual who did it, who should have suffered the penalty and never did, not the church.
I was Mormon at the time.
Come to find out his parents would have disowned him, his wife would have divorced him, his Boss would have fired him, he would have lost everything if he participated in the lawsuit. But he would have been a multi-millionaire.
Instead he's a counselor with a happy little wife and a happy little life with a lovely relationship with Mom and Dad and all of their big happy Mormon family, in the middle of Mormonville.
He ended up ghosting me after friending me on Facebook, where I don't hold back on my opinion about religion, politics, existentialism, life in general or anything else.
It really pisses off the Mormons in my life.
They all know what I write and complain to my nevermo Mom, my atheist ExMo Sister, but I feel like it's an open forum, why can't people have freedom of speech if they're not hating on anybody else. I don't hate Mormons, I just hate abuse and the Mormons I know use their religion to abuse others, emotionally, socially, verbally, intellectually, spiritually, it's very exploitative in every way.
I'm not OK with that.
It makes for interesting Christmas Dinner conversations.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 03, 2019 08:42PM

I too barely escaped the "attentions" of trusted scout leaders.

Once I was too sick to go on a weekend hike. During that hike the scout leaders convinced the boys to skinny dip and took pictures.
No physical abuse took place.

He was banned from scouting as soon as it was found out what he did. Unfortunately many decades later he managed to get back into scouting and molested quite a few boys.

There were several other near misses for me but the last tome was the time I walked away from scouting.

We had a cabin. Two floors. Main rooms upstairs. Additional living area downstairs.

I was asked by the leader to come up two days early to help set up the camp. I was 17 or so. Didn't think anything of it. I'd known this person for years.

I waz downstairs honing my trusty scout ax. When the leader came down the stairs buck naked with a bottle of booze and a penthouse. On reflex I hurled my trusty ax full force. He managed to dodge and the blade sunk over an inch into the wood paneled wall. He scurried upstairs. I retrived my ax and sat up all morning.

That morning the head scout official came by. He came downstairs and noticed the damaged wall. I told him what happened. The leader was sent packing 5 minutes later. Never knew what happened to him.

I didn't allow any of my kids to join the scouts. Though the ward signed my boy up each year without my knowledge or permission. I found out when we received a refund check one year for a dollar they overpaid.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 03, 2019 11:19PM

only victims. The metoo movement has focused most, if not all its attention on women. I'm a woman and I find it ?? What's a good word? Let's just forget all the boys and men who have been abused.

This just makes me sick, this scout thing. We knew a scout pedophile from the singles' ward. I think he is still in prison. A lot of the parents actually showed up at the trial in support of him as they had forgiven him and thought he had repented. I'll have to look him up again. Jay Toombs if you are wondering the name.

Personally, I always thought scouts was stupid. I didn't have my son do scouting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2019 11:20PM by cl2.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: May 05, 2019 04:07PM

In my experience, pedophiles never stop. They can never be cured. My sanctimonious TBM brother was one. I would not let him touch me, without screaming and fighting back, so he destroyed me with physical violence. Whenever I tried to warn anyone, they just laughed at me. He went on a mission, and when they wanted to send him home, my parents stepped in with donations to the mission, so they kept him there, in the mission home. No one was allowed to talk about my brother. My parents and other Mormons would set him up on dates, but no girl ever went out with him a second time. Everyone else was to blame--I was to blame for "setting him off", and the girls were to blame for being "snobby." No one would marry him. He was never given any callings where children were involved. He was always getting fired from his jobs. The only time he ever got into trouble was when he molested adult women, who had the courage to file lawsuits against him. When he died, he had two unresolved lawsuits against him, which is how my family finally believed me. He was the darling of the ward, a huge tithe-payer (computer genius) and bore his testimony every fast Sunday of his life.

Read "The People of The Lie."

I don't hate Mormons, either, but I hate the way the Mormon cult denies, condones, and even enables abusive behavior.

I used to be on the Board of Education, and every year the same pedophiles would apply for teaching positions, year after year after year--never giving up. When I moved away, I made sure the Board had that list of names of known pedophiles, as I was afraid that the pedophiles would outlast the Board members.

We had a known pedophile teaching Primary in our home ward. It took several years, and some harrowing experiences, before the Primary presidency and bishopric finally took action and relieved him of his calling, teaching the 7-year-olds. I even got a copy of an old SL Tribune article about the pedophile, to show the bishop. As soon as that bishop and presidency was replaced, the pedophile was once again teaching in the Primary, and the parents and kids had to go through the whole process again. If the children weren't perfectly behaved in class, he would pull them across his lap, and spank them, until they cried in pain! He would have the kids go swimming in his indoor pool, and keep them there long after dinnertime, after dark. People grumbled, but no one did anything to stop this. (My kids were never in his classes.)

I think some parents are so happy to get rid of their kids for a while, and have someone else take charge of the kids, and give them a break, that they don't really care what happens. Such is Scout camp.

Two neighbor moms came to my door, hysterical, one Saturday night, because they had stupidly allowed their kids to have a sleep-over at the pedophile's house, Friday night, and their children were still at his house the next night. No other adult supervision. They were rehearsing a dance, and making costumes. When the time came for the parents to pick up the kids, no one answered the door. No one answered the phone, either. They came to me, because I was the one who had warned them to NOT let their children go to the pedophile's house, in the first place. We went to his house, and it was dark by then, and the lights were out. We banged on the door, and we could hear scurrying and whispering. Later, the kids said the pedophile had them hide in the closet, and everyone was frightened that people were trying to break into the house, with all the doorbell-ringing and banging and shouting. I said that we were going to call the police if he didn't open the door right away. When he opened the door, some of the kids were undressed, because of the costumes. Of course, no one ever talked about the incident. When my children and I resigned, he was teaching in the Primary again!

Pedophiles. Never. Stop.

Posted by: nolongerangry ( )
Date: May 05, 2019 09:14PM

I was molested and I was ignored. You don't see me going on a crusade about it. If your family ignored you (me) then, they really do not care about you at all. Life is an illusion.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: May 06, 2019 06:00PM

What is the infamous K2 ward?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.