Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 11:18PM

(General or Specific) what would it be?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 06, 2019 11:22PM

"If you're an 'Authority' by what 'Authority' did Joseph and Brigham ruin their follower's lives by 'marring' their wives, like they both did to Henry Jacobs, who had to give up on a relationship with his wife after he got turned around at Winter's Quarters to go serve his 8th Mission overseas, while Brigham lived openly with Henry's wife Zina as man and wife and fathered a child with her?

Date: June 06, 2019 11:23PM

And you sing the Praises of Joseph's Myth and name your universities after a Cuckold Bull/pedophile who ruined his follower's lives by stealing their wives and teenage daughters, Why?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 12:47PM

If that hadn't happened I wouldn't be alive today.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 09:09PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If that hadn't happened I wouldn't be alive today.

You are descended from Zina & Bring'em Young?

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 11:23PM

why build a mall when there are starving people around the world?

I think I know the reason though. This was Bishop Burtons pet project, and he got Hinkley to sign off on it when he was 97 years old dying of cancer. Hinkley wasn't thinking straight. A 97 year old man should not have legal power to spend billions on a mall.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 06, 2019 11:53PM

My question would be "when are you going to pull your head out of your ass".

Date: June 07, 2019 12:01AM

Why didn't President Hinkley have anything to say on 9-11, either before or after, if he was supposedly the "Mouthpiece of God"?
I mean the Dalai Lama had plenty to say.
Dolly who?
The Dalai Lama, the leader of the Tibentan Buddhists, you know, Nobel Peace Price winner, he had plenty to say, which is why I'm more of a Buddhist now than a Mormon, even though I came from a long line of 5 generations of MORmON's I refused to raise another generation Mormon when they were led by a false prophet.
They insisted he wasn't a false prophet.
I said, 'look guys, I was you once. I served Polish speaking mission in Australia in the 80's. Thing is nobody got real with me the whole time. Nobody asked me real questions.
That's a real question I asked.
And you can't answer it because he didn't say shit about the biggest terrorist attack on American soil, in American history. And he said NOTHING.
Why?
Silence.
I needed answers and when I didn't get any I went looking and you know what, I found them. Go read what the Dalai Lama had to say on 9-11. Those are real words of wisdom.
If you want somebody to get real with you, I'm your guy. But I'm not into platitudes and I'm not into small talk.
Oh, wow! Ok well we gotta go, but do you have anything we can do to help you?
Uh, yeah, answer my question.
Well, like we said, we don't know.
So is there anything else?
Yeah, I was about to go pick up the dog shit and mow the law, you guys want to do that so I can hang in my hammock with my dog and smoke a j and have a beer?
they said, "Yeah!"
I said, "Nah, that's alright guys. I'm a lot bigger fan of picking up shit than I am of salesmen. But have great day huh?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2019 12:07AM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Aloysius ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 10:10PM

I don't think that's quite right. Hinckley and the other bigwigs did speak, IIRC.

I was in my mission at the time, so I didn't have access to much American news, but there was a special memorial at the cinference center, wasn't there?

Also, did Hinckley talk about the pending war on terror druing the October 2001 GC?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 12:33AM

There was a meeting at the conference center and it was broadcasted to wards and stake centers. It was, however, vacuous. Hinckley said some non-committal stuff, there were a number of songs, etc. But there was no guidance, no insight, nothing approaching prophecy or even views regarding terror, appropriate policy, attitudes towards Islam. Nothing.

I am with Kori in having felt deeply disappointed by the church's performance on that occasion.

Date: June 08, 2019 10:02AM

Exactly. Thank you. It was 2 days after the fact in the middle of the day. We all took off work to hear what God had to say for himself. Instead we got a bunch of MoTab songs and some meaningless platitudes.
I left feeling like not only was Nietzsche right, the PRofit knows about as much about God's intentions on 9-11 as the dog lying on my back porch.

Date: June 08, 2019 09:58AM

Aloysius Wrote:
> Found a link. I'm not saying it's worth reading,
> but they did say something:
>
> https://www.deseretnews.com/article/705390343/911-
> messages-from-LDS-leaders-offered-comfort-and-peac
> e.amp#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf
> =From%20%251%24s

18 years after the fact and that's the first time I've seen this statement by the 1st Presidency, that was published on the 10th anniversary of 9-11. Does that sound like God speaking through his Mouthpiece?
To me it sounds like PR dept wrote it.

Posted by: grubber ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 01:23PM

I remember him saying this is not the end of the world after 9-11

Date: June 08, 2019 04:28PM

Yes, now that you mention it I believe Hinckley did say he didn't think 9/11 would trigger the end of the world. He was careful to suggest, with words and tone, that he did not know for sure.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 01:06AM

"Do you REALLY believe all this?"

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 01:40AM

Why isn't EVERYTHING about Mormonism transparent, starting with money/finances? What are u hiding???

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 09:41AM

Yes!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 01:55AM

Why aren’t you and your cronies in jail?

Date: June 07, 2019 02:48AM

How do you sleep at night?

I envision something like this.

"Elder Oaks, this is Lot's Wife. Lot's wife, let me introduce Elder Oaks."

"It's nice to meet you, Sister Lot. Are you enjoying the evening?"

"Yes, thank you. The funeral potatoes are divine. By the way, how do you sleep at night?"

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 02:49AM

having a physical body, with your own physical eyes?

No?

Well, you're really just pretending to be a "special witness for Christ" right?

You obviously have no more connection to Jesus Christ than Madge the Manicurist down at the beauty salon.

+++++

Of course, I wouldn't expect a straight answer. But it would be fun to see how they respond.

Date: June 07, 2019 09:43AM

At least Madge was honest and transparent about Palmolive. She didn't need to have that carefully spun in an essay.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 11:14AM

They are special witnesses of the NAME of Jesus Christ... which doesn’t really mean anything, but it sounds super cool.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 09:11PM

they were trying to bamboozle the sheep with that twist about being witnesses of the NAME of Jesus Christ. It is of course a ridiculous phrasing. Anyone can be a "witness of a name".

Did you see the name?
Yes I did.
So you're a witness of the name.
I guess I am. But am I special?

But it looks like they're not emphasizing that twist of phrase so much anymore and they're back to just claiming that they're "Special Witnesses of Christ".

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/prophets-and-apostles/what-are-prophets-testimonies?lang=eng

What is the content of their "special witnessing"? Well, if you read what they've put up on their official site, their special witnessing consists of regurgitating a hodge-podge of standardized lesson-manual "teachings" about Jesus. Apparently, they witnessed themselves flipping through the pages of a few lesson manuals and old Ensign articles...and then witnessed themselves instructing a staff member to write a sermon for them to give about Jesus. Nothing about them personally seeing Jesus. Maybe a little bit about the feels they get when they think about Jesus.

Posted by: New Name "Bubbles" ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 06:27AM

My old grandfather was in the First Presidency, and I was just a little girl, sitting on his knee, and my question was: What is Heaven like? Are there really 3 kingdoms? Can people in a kingdom only visit people in a lower kingdom, but never visit a higher kingdom? Is there polygamy in Heaven? What do you believe?

There were several of us grandchildren there, and I think he answered us honestly: "No one has ever died and gone to Heaven, and then come back to tell about it. No one knows what Heaven is really like. We'll have to wait until we die."

My cousin asked another question: "What is it like to walk and talk with Christ?" My grandfather was upset, and I remember him to me mostly jolly, and said he like people to say that anyone walks and talks with Christ. He made it clear that he had NEVER seen or talked to Christ--ever. Neither had the Mormon President, at the time.

Grandpa was quite a liberal Mormon, compared to the way Mormons are now. He didn't like Joseph Fielding Smith very much as a person, and frequently disagreed with him. Joseph Fielding Smith was the one who, IMO, started to turn the Mormon church backwards, and head it towards reactionary fundamentalism.

OT--Joseph Fielding Smith had a second wife, who, like Wendy, put herself very much in the public eye, only she got attention with her singing. It was so awful, that I actually laughed, the first time I heard her, thinking it was a prank. Jessie Evans Smith was not well-liked by the other apostles and their wives. Maybe that's just the fate of a second wife.

Posted by: Jordan ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 06:37AM

"There were several of us grandchildren there, and I think he answered us honestly: "No one has ever died and gone to Heaven, and then come back to tell about it. No one knows what Heaven is really like. We'll have to wait until we die.""

People who have had Near Death Experiences would disagree. I'm not saying this is necessarily the case, but just putting this out there.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 08:21AM

He was talking about Mormon heaven.

Date: June 07, 2019 08:32AM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
> He was talking about Mormon heaven.

People have claimed to have had NDEs in Mormon heaven. In fact, there is a whole books about this I remember being published.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 03:52PM

No one has ever demonstrably died, gone to "heaven", Mormon or otherwise, and come back to tell about it. There is no ambiguity here. NDE claims are just that... claims, zero percent of which have been substantiated. People can believe them if they want to. I personally find no benefit in doing so.

Date: June 08, 2019 05:58PM

I think you missed the disclaimers.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 10:14AM

New Name "Bubbles" Wrote:

>
> OT--Joseph Fielding Smith had a second wife, who,
> like Wendy, put herself very much in the public
> eye, only she got attention with her singing. It
> was so awful, that I actually laughed, the first
> time I heard her, thinking it was a prank. Jessie
> Evans Smith was not well-liked by the other
> apostles and their wives. Maybe that's just the
> fate of a second wife.

The Florence Foster Jenkins of Salt Lake City?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcs9yJjVecs

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 07:38AM

If god told you to cut off a drunk man's head and steal his property, would you obey?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 09:46AM

Love that one.

"And exactly how would you convince the judge that God said to do it?"

Posted by: Tommy ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 09:12AM

Do you actually buy all your suits, white shirts, and power ties at Mr. Mac‘ s?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 09:31AM

If your priesthood and your God is so powerful and omnipotent, please explain why he/she/it didn't intervene to stop the holocaust and the Rwandan genocide among other atrocities.

Date: June 08, 2019 06:11PM

The answer is obvious, isn't it? God was too busy finding people's car keys.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 09:34AM

I'm with LW.

If you truly believe that God is watching and that there are angels silently note taking, then how do they sleep at night?

I served and dealt with missionary companions that sobbed themselves to sleep every night believing that they weren't working hard enough and were not worthy enough to wear the name Jesus Christ on their chest.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 09:43AM

If the first wife is supposed to give her consent before a man marries a second wife, why did the Lord threaten to destroy Emma if she didn't abide in the law (give her consent)? That doesn't sound like consent to me.

Posted by: normdeplume ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 10:01PM

Leaving Wrote:
> If the first wife is supposed to give her consent
> before a man marries a second wife, why did the
> Lord threaten to destroy Emma if she didn't abide
> in the law (give her consent)? That doesn't sound
> like consent to me.

It was planned non-consent by a Bonnie and her co-conspirator Jose Clyde.

They were in cahoots from the very day he stole the witch outta window.

Soul-mates from the beginning.

Date: June 07, 2019 09:48AM

You are continually sustained as a prophet, seer, and revelator. What have you ever prophesied that later came true? What have you seen that "normal" people can't see? What have you revealed (other that repackaged doctrine or corporate propaganda)?

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 12:30PM

How can you be at peace with your conscience leading people down a wayward path of lies and deception?

In the alternative, can you be sure you have a conscience?

Posted by: britintexas ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 12:31PM

How much did you sell your soul for?

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 12:39PM

Why would I waste my time asking one of these monsters a question? The answers would be lies, attempts to justify their actions, or attempts to get me back into the fold. No, I have better things to do with my time. If faced with one of them, I would turn my back and walk away. I won't be giving them space for more of their harmful utterances by asking the question in the first place.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 12:42PM

You’re a scripture expert; so introspectively, how do ya feel about Mark 8:36?

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 12:43PM

Any of the GA’s are supposed scripture authorities ;)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 12:49PM

How they could enjoy so much the fruits of a 19th Century con artist's scam and religiously promote it.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 12:51PM

That is why I came here to answer.

I DID ASK A GA A QUESTION. I asked Boyd. He told me he was too important for me to bother him. His time was too valuable. He berated me and I realized then that my soul wasn't as important as his. Worst letter I've ever received. I burned it. Damn! I sure could have done damage with that letter.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 07, 2019 03:42PM

OM golly, wouldn't you know? That makes him celestial fodder.

That's right - I did say fodder. What does fodder mean in the bible? It typically means "cheap food, usually given to livestock animals like cows," (vocabulary.com) but biblically it means something else.

"Cannon fodder is an informal, derogatory term for combatants who are regarded or treated by government or military command as expendable in the face of enemy fire. ... The term derives from fodder, as food for livestock. Soldiers are the metaphorical food for enemy cannon fire." wikipedia.org

Not a godly man or man of substance. But cannon fodder. May the 'force' be with him. He showed his true colors, and they ain't true. Sela ve. He will reap what he has sown.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 11:42AM

and he proved to me in what he said that none of them talk to God and none of them receive revelation.

Why wouldn't there be an answer to the gay issues in the church? WHY? All I wanted was to know if my ex wasn't damned just for being gay, would he be okay if he just went and found a man he loved and live happily ever after rather than us go through what they were putting us through. This was over a year after I found out he is gay. I was told by a bishop to write him.

I only showed a few people the letter. I was so upset by it. I didn't even show my "ex." He was just my "boyfriend" then--not even that. Friend. I asked should I do what the bishop had asked us to do.

No answers whatsoever--just "How dare you use up my precious time?? You don't have a right to write to me!" I don't even think he said the word gay (ssa wasn't a term then). Just berated me in every sentence. Believe me, that letter could have done A LOT of damage--A LOT. It was horrible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 11:42AM by cl2.

Posted by: felix ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 01:24AM

I would ask, why can't one of you guys for once just answer Koriwhore's question honestly, why? hu?

Those are fair questions koriwhore :)

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 11:26AM

Can I sit in on next weeks Jesus meeting?

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 01:55PM

....do you really feel comfortable when all 15 of you are in a meeting in the temple or dedicating one, all wearing a bright white suit, including shoes, ties etc?

Also, since Monson left us, who gets to ride in the armored Audi limo in parades etc? I think I know the answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 01:56PM by memikeyounot.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 02:05PM

My question would be:
Can you, in any way, with verifyable source,prove your claim?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 02:06PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 02:12PM

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 03:38PM

Why would I ask a known liar a question?

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 04:01PM

Agree. We could, for purposes of the exercise, assume that we would get an honest and complete answer, but then the whole game becomes laughably improbable and too distant from reality to be of any entertainment.

Posted by: Ex-Cultmember ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 03:58PM

It would be financial questions:

1) How much tithing does the church bring in each year?

2) Why does the church not publish public financial statements and why does the church keep its finances secret, unlike most most charities and mainstream christian churches which are not secretive and openly publish their financial statements so that those who donate to their organizations can see exactly how their money is being spent? There is simply no excuse or reason for this. The only explanation for the secrecy is that they know it won't look good to its members and they do not want to be held accountable.

3) How much money do you make from the church?
a) How much is your "living stipend" you receive?
b) How much in financial perks do you receive each year from the church? i.e. free medical care, free college tuition for relatives, hotel stays, meals, free access to gyms, hunting reserves, etc?
c) How much have you made in book deals and other merchandise? Did you have a ghost writer who did most of the writing?
d) After becoming an apostle, did the church ever offer to pay off any outstanding debts or offer you any kind of financial incentive prior to signing a non-disclosure agreement?

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: June 08, 2019 07:00PM

I would ask them the same question that my SP asked me 3 days before I left for my 2-year sentence to sell Joseph's Myth door-to-door...

"When was the last time you masturbated this week Elder?"

Just because I'd like to see the expression on their face.

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: redskittle ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 05:42PM

Can I see where you all spend our tithing money?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: June 09, 2019 06:08PM

Why do you lie with such ease?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.