Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bettydee ( )
Date: July 10, 2019 08:05PM

How do I find out who the Stake President is of
Tallahassee Florida ?

I have a mug shot and arrest record summary of domestic violence and other charges of my ex son n law .

When my daughter was going through her divorce because of
domestic violence the asshat stake president spoke up for
my ex son n law saying what a find man he was and that my daughter was mentally ill.

Could I just mail this report to the stake office to his attention?

I also do not know the stake mailing address . I know it’s physical address is Stadium Drive Tallahassee Fl. Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: July 10, 2019 08:48PM

Did you try googling that question?

Do it and see what you get. Good luck.

Date: July 10, 2019 11:24PM

My daughter has long moved on with her life and the rest of her life is the best of her life !! I want to make sure the asshat Stake President is fully aware the allegations my daughter made were the truth and he should of never put his bias opinions in a divorce . He had such a closed mine he was unable to open it to see the truth if it would of hit him in the head with a shovel.

By the way the fine ex son in law elder signed away his paternal rights to keep his fat lazy ass out of jail for non payment of child support.

I am vindicating my daughter! Guess the Mor ron god he prayed to
was asleep at the wheel during his prayers.

The mug shots and arrest summaries involve other women he has abused since my daughter divorced him . Including one in today’s local news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2019 11:28PM by bettydee.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 10, 2019 09:01PM

What are you hoping to achieve?

Most stake presidents and bishops will hew to the line established in SLC, which is that they should not get involved in any marital dispute. If you want to protect your daughter, the best way forward is to get a restraining order and then serve that to the SP--with witnesses--and perhaps also to send a copy to the COB in SLC. Then they will have a legal reason to keep your son-in-law away.

My fear is that informing the local authorities will have no effect unless there is a legal threat involved.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 10, 2019 09:05PM

Sometimes sticking out one's tongue while putting the thumbs in one's ears and wiggling the fingers feels good...

Date: July 10, 2019 09:09PM

That's a good prediction of what the stake president may do.

Date: July 10, 2019 09:26PM

The first wiggler wiggles the best.

Date: July 10, 2019 09:03PM

That was weird...

Used to be you could get all the contact information for any unit of the church from LDS.org. But when I tried just now, I got this message:

"www.lds.org
https://www.lds.org/search?lang=eng&query=stake+directory

We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us."

And I think they've divided up the site ...

But I think I found it for you:

www.lds.org
https://www.lds.org/search?lang=eng&query=stake+directory
We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
314 Stadium Dr.
Tallahassee, FL 32304

(850) 224-5744

Do me a favor... Address it to "Mormon Stake President"

Or not. It's the thought that counts!

Date: July 10, 2019 11:31PM

My all means Mormon not LDS or whatever the hell they are this week.

Gee I wonder if the bus shite will take sacrament to him at the jail on Sunday or who knows the good stake president might bail him out!

Date: July 10, 2019 11:37PM

He'll probably not do anything at all. That's what the church tells them to do, especially if there are already court orders in place.

Date: July 10, 2019 11:52PM

You'll have to excuse Lot's Wife... I think it's that time of the month.

I say engage in all the fantasies you want!

Imagine the bip shit (hey, this is fun!) apologizing and begging your forgiveness! It could happen, and the little plays we put on in our minds are, if nothing else, entertaining.

Good luck and kick his ass!

Date: July 10, 2019 11:58PM

Be good, alter ego, or I'll go back on my meds and you will cease to exist.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: July 11, 2019 12:10AM

BTW to LW: BettyDee has no standing to seek a restraining order. Her daughter can.

If the ex SIL is in stirr, then Dear Daughter needs to make sure that the Corrections Department, or whoever has him, notifies her of parole hearings, his release date, and so on. It's at that point that she should seek a restraining (or protection) order. Victim rights and procedures vary widely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2019 12:10AM by caffiend.

Date: July 11, 2019 01:23AM

Yes, caffiend, I am aware of that. I was speaking (too) loosely, trying to convey that if there is a DVRO, giving a copy to the church would likely have an impact. Otherwise, the SP would probably just put it in a file and forget about it. If I were the daughter, I'd do exactly what you suggest.

I'm not sure, but it sounds from what bettydee wrote that the abuser is not in jail and that there is not a protective order in place, so it may be too late to obtain one. If the man has gone on to abuse other women, betty's daughter may nonetheless be safe--which is what matters most.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: July 11, 2019 04:38AM

I agree that anything you do will have no effect on the Mormon cult or its leaders. They take the man's side, always.

Mormon leaders abused my children, and all I could do was get my children out of the cult, and protect them. The bishop's son who molested my daughter in front of witnesses at a church campout, went on a mission, got married, became Elder's Quorum President. He had 3 daughters, and molested all three of them! I warned people about this creep, but no one listened. There was nothing more I could have done to protect his next victims.

The molester's father, the bishop who threatened all the witnesses and my daughter to keep the molestation a secret, was promoted to mission president, temple president, and then the "Seventies" which was a general authority position. He overtly tried to have sex with some women in the singles group, and when they reported this behavior to the Mormon leaders, no one believed them. I knew they were telling the truth, because he had also come on to me, but less aggressively.

The men who broke into our house, pulled my sons out of bed, and kicked and shoved them, and forced them into their car and to church, one became stake president, and another became our bishop, but by then, we were long gone.

A neighbor told me to Google one of the thugs who assaulted my sons, and he had a record of manslaughter, but his company's defense lawyers got him a reduced sentence. There had been an article in the Tribune about the incident. Yet, our ward always had him in leadership positions. He was scary! I walked into my living room, and saw this man shoving my son, and twisting his arms, and my son was crying. I yelled at him to leave my son alone, but he picked up my son, and tried to carry him out of my home, right in front of me. (I had no husband to protect us.) I threatened to call the police, and he dropped my son and ran out of the house. I didn't know at the time, that he had a record. He still attends the ward, and demands respect from his 12 messed-up children.

The Mormon cult is filled with evil, corrupt, sick people. So are other churches (read "Children of the Lie" by M. Scott Peck), but in Mormonism, wife-beating, rape, molestation, and are excused, condoned, and even enabled. The Mormon church is anti-women's rights. I mean, after all, it's a POLYGAMOUS cult. All you can do is officially resign, and take your kids out with you.

You need to concentrate ALL your focus on keeping your daughter and her child safe! They are all who matter. I would be afraid that a psychopath like that would get angry and go after those innocent victims. Please get restraining orders, if you can!

Make your story public. Mormons get away with too many crimes. They are afraid of bad publicity and of being sued.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: July 14, 2019 09:37AM

Leading up to the time that I resigned from the church (twenty-five years ago) the actions of church members and church leaders toward me was terrible. It wasn't until I got serious about using the courts of law to enforce my rights, that I started recovering. Call the police at the first sign that your rights are being violated by force or through intimidation. Don't be afraid to involve the church leaders as defendants or to oficially get the church involved in what you report to the police. See what these so-called 'authorities' have to say while they're in handcuffs, standing in front of a judge. Let the media report some of the horror stories of the kind found here on RFM. Put this brother or sister crap in the trash and go right to playing hardball.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.