Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 26, 2019 10:58PM

Living a life of love is nearly 180 degrees away from Living Mormonism!!!

- No Need for buildings or meetings!

- motivation starts 'within', not from books, movies, or lectures needed! Living love needs no fancy lessons, 'it shows' in your attitudes, choices, & actions.

- No hierarchy or organization needed! In fact, history shows they're counter-productive!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 26, 2019 11:09PM

Yep.

Mormons want people to think they have to pay for things that are free.

When Mormons see others who are happy and living well, they have to wonder why the price for happiness is spending their whole life in church and paying tithing for themselves but others don't have to pay.

All they can do is convince themselves of the classic religious promise: you'll be better than them in the afterlife.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 09:54AM

nothing bad would happen to me. In fact, it said in my PB that I would not be called upon to "suffer unduly at any time." My mother always pointed that out to me when I was younger. She didn't when I was older.

No matter what mormons say, they think if something bad happens to you, you've done something bad.

I wanted a guarantee and they not so subtlely promise that. So I did the best I could and my life was a MESS.

I left kicking and screaming and, although my life isn't perfect, it is a far cry from where it was! I'm much happier, much more at peace, and FREE. Free to be the person I was always meant to be, not the one I tried to force into a round hole.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 02:48PM

I’m with you. I managed my anxiety by being good so nothing bad would happen to me. That’s why leaving was such an act of courage.

Less than two years later, my daughter died by suicide. Thankfully I’d already accepted reality—no magic sky daddy.

Mormons do promise good things for being good and bad things for being bad—over and over.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 11:50AM

this is in reference to how to live a full and genuine life as a responsible human being with integrity.

But if the objective is to construct a corporation generating wads of cash, better find some people to hate real quick - conjure up a "them" so there may be an "us." Takes advantage of neurological wiring honed over millennia.

Really primitive, but it works.

Posted by: Dr.No ( )
Date: July 27, 2019 12:03PM

TSCC is not trying to help humans develop their full potential (think Maslow).

TSCC is intent on enslavement - starting with the mind - on keeping humans thoroughly trapped.
Why else does TSCC perpetually generate the dogma, the threats, the fear?

TSCC is a factory farm; people merely cows to be milked.

Date: July 27, 2019 12:20PM

It's just below the surface of Mormonism.

Date: July 27, 2019 02:58PM

?

Posted by: desertwoman ( )
Date: July 31, 2019 07:35PM

"Turn it off!Turn it off!" from The Book of Mormon musical! LOL! LOL!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.