Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: adamisfree2006 ( )
Date: August 05, 2019 04:12PM

Crazy to believe it has been 14 years since I last attended a Mormon church. Our family of 6 resigned in Feb 2006 (our 20th wedding anniversary). our kids were 18, 15, 14 & 12. Been an amazing 14+ years.
Last time I lurked or posted my FIL was terminally ill with Cancer. Sadly he passed in Jan 2018. My wife and I decided to take a sabbatical and travel. We spent a month in Thailand and Cambodia. It was an awesome experience. When we returned to the US, we purchased an RV motorhome and planned to travel the US for about 8 months. In April 2018 we embarked on a 200+ day trip around the USA. 40 states and 16,000 miles later we completed our trip. What an amazing experience. We met so many awesome people and saw so many beautiful national parks and just experienced some raw beauty. After we finished, we decided to settle in FL. We recently closed on a home in a golf course community just outside of Tampa. We are very happy and excited to be settled again. Although life has not been perfect, we have continued to move forward. I am always grateful that in my most vulnerable moments in Jan 2005 when I found myself questioning my lifelong religion I stumbled on this site. I did not know a single exmormon and feared my marriage was going to end when I told my wife I no longer believed. Over the years I have met many past and present posters. Proudly I actually met Deenie the Dreaded Single before she passed. I count Odell Campbell and T-bone as my friends. I hope everyone is doing well. I will lurk for awhile to catch up. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.