Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ukclydesider ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 06:12AM

One arrogant and one pleasant boy targeting my address probably as two relations left 25 years ago arrived at my door at the weekend.I saw them coming and they did not attempt to visit any other homes nearby.How long until they give up as this is third time over the period mishies have called?
The arrogant one opened with 'can I ask you five questions' to which I responded 'as long as I can ask you some too'.Off he went in the usual manner as many of you will know.My questions were along his theme and were 'why should I listen when you believe my church is an abomination''where are the plates''what about the MMM ' (that was in response to his allegation about the many churches causing war and death in the past) 'what about JS many wives'.
He could not get away quick enough and was very abrupt and ill mannered.
His wee friend just smiled so I suggested to him that once his mission is over he will seriously be questioning his faith.(might as well sow a seed as that was all I was getting to say)
Their local meeting house has been mothballed now for at least 4 years ,they have even welded up the main gate,so much for fastest growing church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 09:25AM

Yeah, the Mormon church is slowly dying in Scotland. It's entertaining to see them slowly shutter and sell off their buildings.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 09:41AM

They are most likely frustrated that nobody wants to hear their message. The arrogant one most likely believes that he will do the most good by telling everybody off before he goes home.

Posted by: ukclydesider ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 09:43AM

Do you think I should complain to Edinburgh about his manner .
Or is that a waste of time DS.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 11:50AM

ukclydesider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you think I should complain to Edinburgh about
> his manner .
> Or is that a waste of time DS.

I would say it is a complete and utter waste of time to complain about an arrogant missionary to the mission home. It's what they do best.

I confess that when I was on my mission I would up the arrogance factor for certain people at their doors depending upon how the vibe was. It was my way of breaking the tedium and boredom of door knocking.

Posted by: logged off again ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 12:51PM

Yeah, don't bother complaining to the mission office. You effectively chased him off. You won.

Now, to *really* get under Arrogant Boy's skin, you can taunt him with something like, "Hey, how are all your baptisms coming along?" Since they aren't getting any baptisms, this will cut him like a knife and utterly ruin his day. Laughing at him and showing him a middle finger may be overkill but could still be extra-amusing. He'll never want to be anywhere near you again.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 01:31PM

People complained all the time. During the monthly conference and training, he had a section about complaints. It was a joke to him. He routinely called up the missionaries to stand in front (he kept a list) that HAD NOT received a complaint. He told us that we were either too nice or not working hard enough. We (the respectful ones) were shamed for being embarrassed to share the gospel. We were told that we would personally have to explain to Jesus why we didn't try harder~ be rude/pushy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 01:32PM by messygoop.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 01:58PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.