Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Breath of Fresh Air ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 08:52AM

Is there an exmormon dating site, or a singles meet-up group?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmo Topper ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 02:55PM

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 01, 2019 03:13PM

My memory is that there is such a sub-reddit on www.reddit.com, but I can't remember the name of it.

Posted by: Hey Anonny No ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 06:45AM

Good luck to you, but I prefer to date "Nevermos".

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 04:05PM

I found some post Mormon groups it does not say singles though.https://www.meetup.com/topics/exmormon/

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: October 03, 2019 10:15PM

It's wherever you are. Others, single, are everywhere. So are ex-mormons. Singles or Doubles?

Date wherever you are. I'd try activities.

Happy Hunting
I mean, Good Luck

Posted by: Breath of Fresh Air ( )
Date: October 10, 2019 07:50PM

Thank you all. I will look into these.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: October 10, 2019 08:52PM

Almost anyone out there would make a better date/partner/spouse than most of the Mormons I have know. You will have good luck, without the help of any dating website. Most normal, people who have a lot to offer don't need a dating service, unless you live in a remote area.

Start with people you already know. Tell everyone that you are open to be set-up on a date. Be friendly to people whom you would not date--old, too young, married, etc--those are people who have single relatives and friends, and out-of-town visitors, etc. Most of the people I dated, when I was a 38-45-year-old single, resulted from friends, with whom I had something in common. It worked well to not be looking, and not be desperate. I was just enjoying my life and my friends, and things snowballed from there.

Unfortunately, the ones who were searching aggressively, and using websites, were usually desperate for a reason, or were unacceptable to others in their neighborhood or peer groups.

YOU choose! Don't wait to see who chooses you. That's the opposite advice from my TBM mother's, who advised me to wait patiently and see who comes along. I ended up being stalked by men who were looking for money, a home, and a free ride, an one wife abuser.

If you're an older single, have everyone you date investigated--just as if you were hiring that person! I'm serious!

Posted by: Chica ( )
Date: October 10, 2019 09:18PM

Nothing wrong with online dating. Just be smart about it.

Met my amazing hubby on E-Harmony 12 years ago, even though we both lived in good sized cities. No regrets at all! I like to think we were both normal people with a lot to offer, just tired of traditional dating. Please don't dismiss people who are looking for love online.

Yes, there are some scary people online. But there are also scary people anywhere else you might meet someone. A little common sense can go a long way.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 10, 2019 09:55PM

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 11, 2019 07:27PM

oh um ~

hay OPie ~

¿ you sexxy going OPie ? ~

¿ you want some date bby ? ~

plz post links to pics of bobs and lasagna ~.

plz respon OPie ~

Edited 100 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2019 6:46PM by ziller ~

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 11, 2019 07:39PM

> plz post links to pics
> of bobs and lasagna ~.

...it's going to be a couple of months before I forget this zillerism and can innocently go to an Italian restaurant...

Posted by: LJ12 ( )
Date: October 11, 2019 08:00PM

It would be nice to have ex mormon friends in real life. I don’t know any. As for dating one? I think my own weird issues are enough for one couple :-)
I have met people I’ve dated via meet-up and at work. One was via a dating site. I think if you live your life and go out a lot you will find the right person eventually. Well that’s my theory and I’m working on it. The downside to meet-up and the workplace is if you break up it’s awkward. Still it’s better meeting people in real life than online. The online thing is a back up, or extra thing for me.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.