Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: October 06, 2019 11:43PM

If I had more hair I would pull it out, bastard Ballard says, “Natural man is the enemy of god”. You’ve got to fricken killing me. please shoot me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 12:32AM

He's quoting the book of mormon that paraphrase the new testament. This has been church doctrine since the begining.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 02:02AM

It's in the buy-bull

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 03:36AM

appetites, impulses, weaknesses, blindspots and intellectual deficiencies that...well...repulse God and make God hate humans in their natural state.

First, thanks God! What were you thinking?? You just had to create something to hate?

I guess what God really wanted was a different kind of robot.

These (humans) are not the droids he was looking for.

The logical implications are that God is a kind of idiot savant. He knows how to make stuff--especially biological inventions--but is pretty much a freakin' imbecile in every other way imaginable.

Mormon doctrine used to make my head hurt. Then I realize that it's just a mishmash and hodge-podge of stuff that Joseph Smith, Jr. pulled out of his butt, combined with stuff that he plagiarized on an ad hoc basis, that was then added to with stuff that Brigham Young pulled out of his butt, that was subsequently partially modified under political pressures and due to inherent impracticality and incoherence that could not be sustained indefinitely, leaving us with bits and pieces of incoherence and incomprehensibility.

Mormon doctrine. It was once a thing deemed worthy of being expounded upon in detail in a thick eponymous tome written by an Apostle named Bruce R Adonkey (or something like that). But now it's a sin to have that book in your house because it makes Jesus sad to see his church's doctrine called "Mormon" doctrine.

My favorite quote from Mormon in Wonderland: "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast on Sunday...and twelve more before Sacrament Meeting starts."

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 12:12PM

To dream an impossible dream is a MoTab favorite.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 12:53PM

My wife once told me that Mormon doctrine would make sense to me once I accepted that the Book of Mormon was true and that Joseph Smith truly was a prophet.

My response was that Mormon doctrine made even more sense once I realized that Joseph Smith was a conman and that I shouldn't accept anything he said or wrote as gospel.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 10:32AM

In other words, God like his men "unnatural." Goodness knows that there is nothing more unnatural than being Mormon, so perhaps the Mormons are the big winners in the Heavenly Sweepstakes.

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 12:51PM

Growing up, the most common used argument I heard against homosexuality was that it was "unnatural".

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 12:54PM

Yep. Which I guess means I am not an enemy of God. Yay???

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 09:54PM

I've heard people argue that before and it's complete BS.

Oh, you drive a car? And live in a house? And eat processed food? Do you have a dog? Any other pets? Are you wearing clothes? Do you ever use a computer? Cell phone?

Guess what MFers--THOSE THINGS DIDN'T GROW ON TREES. Unnatural my ass.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 10:07PM

Homosexuality exists in all human societies and homosexual behavior exists in many animal species. To argue that it is "unnatural" requires willful ignorance.

Posted by: Make this quick ( )
Date: October 11, 2019 07:46PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Homosexuality exists in all human societies and
> homosexual behavior exists in many animal species.
> To argue that it is "unnatural" requires willful
> ignorance.

It depends on how you define unnatural. In many human societies, homosexuality is seen in entirely different terms from the west. In Islamic societies, it is tolerated before marriage to some extent, while in others, homosexuality was mandatory e.g. Sparta. Some tribal societies use homosexual rape as a rite of passage for young males. All quite different from your idea of it.

Date: October 07, 2019 12:56PM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 01:27PM

Soooo many things I disliked with extreme prejudice about the cult...some of which I only learned about after discovering RFM. I just knew in my heart it was phony even as a deacon, but I went along and played out the hand anyway. Stupid me.

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 03:21PM

More contradictions....

Ballard is simply echoing the Book of Mormon.

BoM Mosiah 3:19 says "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless [he becomes a follower of Christ]" (see also 1 Cor 2:14)

BUT:

D&C 84:46–47 says that it is the UNnatural that should be avoided (implying that natural things are good): “(For) every one that hearkeneth to the voice of the Spirit avoids every unnatural, unholy, and impure practice, (and) cometh unto God, even the Father.”

Brigham Young said: "Paul says in his Epistle to the Corinthians, 'But the natural man receiveth not the things of God,' but I say it is the unnatural man that receiveth not the things of God. That which was, is and will continue to endure is more natural than that which will pass away and be no more. The natural man is of God." (JoD 9:305).

And hasn't the church condemned homosexuality because it is "UNnatural"?

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 09:34AM

nli Wrote:
> Brigham Young said: "Paul says in his Epistle
> to the Corinthians, 'But the natural man receiveth
> not the things of God,' but I say it is the
> unnatural man that receiveth not the things of
> God. That which was, is and will continue to
> endure is more natural than that which will pass
> away and be no more. The natural man is of God."
> (JoD 9:305).

I don't know that we ever taught that.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 03:28PM

What kind of a psycho God creates a "Natural Man" who is his enemy?

Date: October 07, 2019 06:18PM

I guess you missed the bit about The Tree of The Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 10:13PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> I guess you missed the bit about The Tree of The
> Knowledge of Good and Evil.
No, it's just all nonsense.
No sense in trying to make sense out of nonsense.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 07, 2019 06:48PM

I thought each individual is / was responsible for their own mistakes ('sins' in religispeak?)

So ( as the story goes) Adam and/or Eve 'sinned' by some awful act (sex? eating some fruit? IDK)

and according to Mormon leaders, I'm declared & adjudged a 'natural man' (no quibbles on that, I already had that figured!) but: An enemy to God?

- Not reciprocal, I didn't declare that this unseen, unknown 'God' person is an enemy of mine!!

- I'm still under the impression that Adam & Eve each should be responsible for their own choices / actions / mistakes 'sins', NOT ME.

anyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2019 06:48PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 12:43PM

It makes complete sense to me that a deity who "repented" of creating humanity and felt the need to destroy all of it but 8 people would even then be stuck with the natural man being an "enemy to God."

I hope God works for the government because otherwise he would long ago have been fired for gross incompetence.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 09, 2019 01:31PM

perhaps Adam / Eve should both have been required to register as (sex?) offenders; that should have solved the problem...

Date: October 09, 2019 02:05PM

God does and you have to pass this test of life to be able to work for him.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: October 10, 2019 04:58AM

Always thought that one was rather unhelpful, unfriendly,
hateful and impractical... to speak little of untasteful or untrue.

Strange thing is that quote/ verse/ "scripture" was in my head yesterday, or maybe this morning, and I thought Who Needs frenemies when FRIENDS act like Enemies?

The ENEMY is Mormonism.

That man is natural, or unnatural.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.