Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 16, 2019 10:38AM

I always look for the really ugly statement from the Mormon church wherein they cloth their true agenda with such careful words that they put sheep's clothing to shame.

“We teach the right of individuals to self-determination and the right of parents to guide the development of their children,” the statement said. “We also believe faith-based perspectives have an important and ethically appropriate role in professional counseling.”

What it really says: "We want the Mormon parents to take their gay kids to Mormon therapists who will force them to suck it up and live straight at any personal cost. We demand the church's agenda be fulfilled. Gay people need to be seen as outsiders and inferior and not in God's favor. This is what God wants. What can we do? Oh. And that first bit about individuals and self-determination? Window dressing. Makes us Mormons seem like nice people--don't you think?."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 16, 2019 10:44AM

“We also believe faith-based perspectives have an important and ethically appropriate role in professional counseling.”

I've never understood this. What god(s) is appropriately aligned with professional counseling?

Unconditionally loving ones?

Wrathful ones?

Intolerant ones?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 16, 2019 11:48AM

I love it when someone accurately reads between the lines, decoding a carefully encrypted message. Bravo, D&D.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 16, 2019 10:47AM

I think they’re saying that I’m not responsible for any statements made by church leaders, no matter how stupid.

Date: October 16, 2019 11:50AM

And this:

“Parents have a right to take their minor children to a therapist and get real honest therapy from that therapist, not muffled conversation only affirming the child’s concerns. I mean that’s just wrong."

"Not muffled conversation only affirming the child's concerns?" What???? This statement makes it clear that, as with all things Mormon, the church agenda supersedes alL else and the Mormon parent should have the right to call anything to the contrary "muffled" if it does not serve their purpose and insist on forcing the child to bury themselves and fake a straight Mormon sanctioned life.

There is no concern for the youth in any of their statements. All roads lead to the Mormon agenda. Oaks probably has his electro-shock machines prepped and ready to go.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 16, 2019 12:09PM

'Nuff said...

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 17, 2019 02:08PM

"...not muffled conversation only affirming the child’s concerns"

Not a gay story, but it reminds me of a young woman that I knew that went on a Saturday summer hike with her Mia Maid group. She hurt her foot while walking and complained to the leaders. They told her to cut out her whining and to suck it up. They hiked 7 miles on their trip. They told her to go home and soak it.

Come Sunday it was still swollen and painful, but TBM Mom said to get her shoe on and get into the family Suburban. I remember that she was hobbling and in terrible pain. A bunch of us asked her why she was at church if she could not walk.

The following day she was in my morning Geometry class. She was still having a hard time walking. The teacher saw the size of her swollen foot and sent her right away to the nurses office. The school demanded that she seek immediate medical attention.

We all know that she broke her foot and kept walking on it. That's the mormon way of suffering when its not necessary.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2019 02:10PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 17, 2019 04:10PM

What in the hell is conversion therapy? It sounds like an inquisition or a communist re-education camp.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 17, 2019 04:51PM

Doesn't conversion therapy involve the "confused" individual being told over and over that his/her feelings are wrong and then subjecting them to a specific painful stimulus to get their mind right?

Posted by: ConcernedCitizen 2.0 ( )
Date: October 18, 2019 04:07PM

...it's where your heart goes into AFIB, then they attach electrodes to your chest, then shock the hell out you, hoping you go back into normal sinus rhythm.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 17, 2019 06:57PM

"LDS Church opposes proposed Utah rule that would ban ‘conversion therapy’"

In other words. the LDS church opposes a rule that would ban quackery.

Posted by: Everything ( )
Date: October 18, 2019 04:07PM

Mormon 'church' is a taker, not a giver.

Date: October 18, 2019 04:37PM

" . . .muffled conversation only affirming the child’s concerns."

When you want to help someone, the number one thing to do is to really listen to them and understand where they are coming from. For a therapist this is valuable because they then have a more accurate idea of what is going on.

For the child/youth, being listened to and understood is a wonderful gift. Makes them feel they have some value. That what they feel counts.

So this "muffled conversation affirming child's concerns" is a slap in the face to every competent therapist out there. This speaks louder of the Mormon agenda and the lack of concern for the actual child than anything else. The Mormons expect the therapist to do their bidding rather than use their own expertise to do what is bests for the child.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 18, 2019 06:10PM

The Mormon church is trying to tell educated, professional, qualified, certified therapists how to do their jobs. Do they also interfere with other professions? Physicians, accountants, lawyers, speech therapists, social workers? Perhaps the church should tell physicians how to diagnose and treat their patients as well.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: October 19, 2019 04:35AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Mormon church is trying to tell educated,
> professional, qualified, certified therapists how
> to do their jobs. Do they also interfere with
> other professions? Physicians, accountants,
> lawyers, speech therapists, social workers?
> Perhaps the church should tell physicians how to
> diagnose and treat their patients as well.

They most definitely tell other professions how to do their job whenever the opportunity presents itself. It is just that with therapy they get the opportunity more often.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 19, 2019 11:53AM

I wonder who's in charge of vetting / editing the GA statements so that the sheeple won't analyze the nuances / subtleties of GA intentions in their attempts to pedal the BS they have an unlimited access to along with their predilection to publish.

The manner that the GAs "communicate" c/should be a research project of the highest order.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.