Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 12:36PM

"Lies, damn lies, and statistics" (attributed to Disraeli via Mark Twain; real source unknown).

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 12:46PM

Mormons and family. What a joke. They are one of the biggest threats out there to family because their concept of family has nothing to do with the people in the family and all about the facade the family can maintain at any cost to each individual.

"Cox attributes this to the willingness of the Church's leaders to alter its approach on tough issues. While The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints maintains its conservative theological stance, it has adopted more inclusive language when discussing LGBTQ members and is "offering a kinder and gentler approach on hot-button social issues" like LGBTQ rights."

LGBTQ is rarely a hot button issue anywhere but with Mormons and a few other religions clinging to their bigotry like a junk yard dog with a bone. For normal well adjusted and a kind populace, there is no hot button issue.

Kinder? Gentler? Or the same-- with a thicker smokescreen and a bit of camouflage?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 02:06PM

I couldn't agree more. For every family the church supports, there is another that it destroys.

The church is nowhere near friendly to "families."

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 12:55PM

Seriously?

"...While The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints maintains its conservative theological stance, it has adopted more inclusive language when discussing LGBTQ members and is "offering a kinder and gentler approach on hot-button social issues" like LGBTQ rights."

BTW

As a believing member in the 1990s, I thought GBH was off his rocker when went on TV and denied being a prophet and denied the teachings of the former profits. It pissed me off then.

Even my Mom who loves the church to pieces thinks the church has been getting the gay issue all wrong.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 12:57PM

No. Mormons are losing members. The church just won't tell you that. They now claim 16 million members. You take away the people that resigned, walked away or died and it's about 3-4 million active. Most, live in Utah. The question "Are you honest in your dealings with your fellowman?" would result with most mormon leaders being denied a temple recommend.

Date: October 23, 2019 01:33PM

I laughed so hard at, "Are you honest with your fellow man?" with out even reading the rest.

16 million members. Biggest lie ever told.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 05:33PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I laughed so hard at, "Are you honest with your
> fellow man?" with out even reading the rest.
>
> 16 million members. Biggest lie ever told.

They could be stupid enough to actually believe it. Then they have bigger problems than just lying.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 01:28PM

A very contradictory article. You think they would of taken pictures of the zealous mormons, instead of people bored out of their wits.
Never told real reason that people are staying ( losing family members )They technology are forced to stay.
Families mean nothing. Making people leave college, to pay to go on a mission, being slaves, and higher ups ( mission presidents , etc) mainly sit on their rumps,doing nothing, but ordering people around, not letting sick missies go home to their FAMILIES.
The mission field breaks up relationships, later marriages.
Firing janitors with families, that really needed the job .

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 01:34PM

https://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?id=55309787&itype=CMSID#disqushere
This is another article, where they try to make a negative, positive

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 05:47PM

In my case (MANY OTHERS?) they supported a vicious, deceitful divorce (no adultery or abuse claimed or suggested) because I was a doubter, stopped attending their circus.

Date: October 23, 2019 06:17PM

As long as Mormons are talking statistics, it's about time they offered up the number of divorces they have managed to cause by counseling one spouse to dump a non-believer. That must be a pretty impressive number.

Family Schmamily.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 06:19PM

+1

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 06:27PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my case (MANY OTHERS?) they supported a
> vicious, deceitful divorce (no adultery or abuse
> claimed or suggested) because I was a doubter,
> stopped attending their circus.

As in your case, and MANY others, the MORmONs supported a vicious, deceitful, divorce case because I chose truth over an abusive (racist, homophobic, misogynist) Doomsday tribal narrative.
I stood up for our children against this abusive Cult because it was the right thing to do.
The MORmONs I know, and once revered,
My last Bishop, was also wife's OB/GYN who gave TBM wife a purity test and assured me she was a virgin before we got married. Delivered 3/4 of our kids.
He also told me not to worry about racism because it was Revelation from God.
His wife, sons Seminary teacher who taught my son that BY was right when he said that the punishment for mixing your blood with seed of Cain was death on the spot by stoning.
I know of 3 MORmON Bishops who lied to cover up child rape. I have given sworn affidavits in 3 sexual abuse cases against LDS Inc and I know of 7 other adults who were Mormon children who were raped and have not filed lawsuits, but can and will, eventually.
The ones I know of who sued LDS Inc, Bishops, Stake Presidents. Lawyers, Doctors, Dentists, Engineers, personally, are now rich, retired and loving life.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: October 23, 2019 06:43PM

I should add that this is proof of nothing but how super fake, super exaggerating (Lying) MORmONs are when they lie about how successful and happy they are.
Everything about it is fake and it shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2019 06:44PM by schrodingerscat.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.