Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 02:32PM

Mormons maintain racist 19th Century myths that were used to justify enslaving blacks and genocide against American Indians, whom they continue to dehumanize by propagating the racist myth that they are degenerate Jews who were cursed with dark skin due to the sins of their fathers.
Mormon scriptures are vastly more white supremacist than any other scriptures, consistently associating whiteness with purity, righteousness, delightsome, delicious and associating dark skin with sin, loathsome, undesirable, cursed.
Mormons actively seek to deny equal rights to women and gays.
How are they not a hate group?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stillangry ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 02:34PM

Yes.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 06:52PM

Hate can be Actions as well as emotions!

I Know, first-hand how ChurchCo endorses hate (including greed)-generated decisions & actions!

So, I'd say the hatred that mormons weaponize religion with gives us a YES answer.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 08:26PM

I wouldn't say that they hate. But the leaders aren't going out of their way to help either. I'm thinking of the most recent GC. Oaks gave a talk acknowledging the complex family dynamics faithful mormons have with their lgbt relatives. He stressed that they should be nice, god loves everyone, but also beware that they are going to a "lesser kingdom."

These sorts of teachings that come from the bretheren as well intentioned as they pretend to be, I don't really see that they are helping lgbt mormons or their families in finding happiness, or find repentance, or find answers. The mormon bretheren are discouraging and confusing the members and probably compounding the problem. Not necessarily hate, but they aren't being nice either.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 09:11PM

“also beware that they are going to a "lesser kingdom."“

Isn’t that hate speech? They make this stuff up and preach it like it’s gospel. It isn’t.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 08:49PM

They hate me and my values so I guess they are indeed a hate group.

Date: November 03, 2019 09:23PM

The sword cuts both ways. I like that.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 09:03PM

A group I hate.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 10:01PM

Definitely a group that stuck with a whole lot of extremely embarrassing "scriptures", "doctrines" and "revelations" from the past.

The leaders seem to be struggling with a balancing act that is becoming increasingly precarious. They want to embrace modernism and become more respectable to the world of opinion that exists outside of Mormonism. But if they go too fast in that direction, they will likely alarm too many of the sheep in the Mormon flock who still believe that their scriptures are true and their past leaders were real prophets. If too many of the sheep wake up and stampede out of the Mormon pasture, that's the end of the church, and the leaders won't have anything to lead anymore and nothing left to do but divide up the church's assets among themselves and call it a day.

Date: November 03, 2019 10:12PM

The Mormon lexicon is dependent on 19th century spiritualism. Modern English doesn’t have an equivalent unless you include New Age or various Far East paradigms. That’s a non-starter if you’re claiming to be the one true religion.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 03, 2019 10:35PM

a "historical mentality" museum, displaying a collection of religious thoughts, notions, concepts and attitudes that were relatively commonplace among frontier folk in the early-to-mid 19th century American frontier areas.

It's ingrained in their "standard works" to such a degree that they can't modernize effectively. Their church's whole reason for being, as has been repeated ad nauseam by their top leaders, generation after generation, was to supposedly "restore" those very thoughts, notions, concepts and attitudes that they now find so embarrassing and hard to explain.

Seeing what Nelson is doing, however, makes me think that they (the leaders) now realize fully that they've always been driving a short bus full of passengers on a road that inevitably ends in a cul de sac. It was a long road and the past bus drivers could always pretend that they were really going somewhere important.

But the cul de sac is now right in front of them. And there's nothing special at this cul de sac. An empty lot, a dumpster, a couple of homeless guys and a rusted out car.

Jesus didn't come when he was supposed to. He was supposed to come before they hit the dead end.

There is no deus ex machina for them.

All they can do now that they are entering the cul de sac is stop the car and get out or turn it around and try to explain to their passengers why they came so far down the wrong road and wasted everyone's time.

Then they have to hope that their passengers are dumb enough to just let it slide and keep trusting the bus drivers, as they continue driving without having any idea where they're going.

Date: November 03, 2019 10:49PM

they're ready if not eager to dilute their 'cherished principles/values' at the drop of a hat, that's not love considering they give up Honesty, Kindness, etc.

Date: November 03, 2019 10:50PM

This is a clear case where we should do a poll!

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: November 04, 2019 03:36AM

Absolutely!

Anyone could make a list of people that Mormon's hate, and I would, but it would take too many hours.

Beginning from JS's first prayer being answered, "None of the churches are true--they are all false."

On through polygamy, denying the priesthood to Blacks, condemning gays,

And extending through Nelson's statement that "Unconditional love is anti-Christ."

Mormonism defines itself as a cult of hate.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: November 04, 2019 07:51AM

Well I mean, if by "hate" you mean a racist, misogynistic, homophobic cult, with a bias toward white male narcissistic privilege - no I guess not.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 04, 2019 11:27AM

Hdahaha ha. Too good!

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: November 04, 2019 09:26PM

In most organizations, you can find hate if you look for it.

I spent 38 years in the church in 8 different wards, and did not feel or experience the hate described here.

You might say RFM is a hate board, given all the time spent bashing Mormons.

There is hate everywhere.

Liberals hate conservatives and vice versa.

Feminists hate men.

Giants fans hate the Steelers.

Muslims hate Christians and Christians hate Muslims.

And on and on....

Date: November 05, 2019 12:20AM

Who knew hate could be so much fun?

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 05, 2019 03:04AM

Free Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In most organizations, you can find hate if you
> look for it.
>
> I spent 38 years in the church in 8 different
> wards, and did not feel or experience the hate
> described here.
>
> You might say RFM is a hate board, given all the
> time spent bashing Mormons.
>
> There is hate everywhere.
>
> Liberals hate conservatives and vice versa.
>
> Feminists hate men.
>
> Giants fans hate the Steelers.
>
> Muslims hate Christians and Christians hate
> Muslims.
>
> And on and on....

The gap between Muslims hate Christians and Giant Fans hate the Steeler is a large one, as Giants fans have yet to kill any of the Steelers, just as moos slums are currently killing Christians in a large scale.

I hate accidently stepping on my cat. According to you, that means that Hate has been found in my home. .....Were you trying to stick up for the rabidly racist MORmON church ???

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 05, 2019 11:34AM

You forgot one:

"Free Man hates women."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2019 11:34AM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: November 05, 2019 01:30AM

I think we need to be careful. The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. It might seem to be a good think labeling a church that has so called racist teachings in it’s scriptures. If you are going to go there you will end up labeling any church that uses the Bible a hate group.

The next thing you know we lose our freedom of speech because everyone is labeling everyone else a hate organization. I would rather just say I think your church is wrong but you have the right to the freedom of religion.

As soon as we start censoring what we don’t like well someone who doesn’t like us censors us. It becomes a mess and you lose your freedom.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 05, 2019 02:55AM

Just as MORmONISM scores being a CULT based on a high score as MORmONISM is applied to objective criteria, MORmONISM surpasses the KKK in many respects in being the foremost formally racist organization in US history. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvhJevwsaqM

Posted by: dumbmormons ( )
Date: November 05, 2019 03:08AM

Is it really "hate" when the prime scripture teaches clearly that the dark skin was because the people were lazy and loathesome - and it was given so they would not be enticing to White and Delightsome people?

Right there in what Mormons call Scripture - even as they now try to deny it.

Add in blacks being here "so Satan will have representation on earth" - and you have built in excuses to be bigots.

Date: November 05, 2019 04:17AM

"If the inhabitants of this Territory, my brethren, had never condescended to reduce themselves to the practices of the Indians, (as few of them have,) to their low, degraded condition, and in some cases even lower, there never would have been any trouble between us and our red neighbors." - Brigham Young

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: November 05, 2019 06:18AM

hate groups are a social group that advocate and practices hatred, hostility, or violence towards people who are different. Wikipedia demonizes 4 flags in its' article on hate groups. Celtic cross flag, Nazi flag, Confederate battle flag and SS flag. I suppose the three are might be hate groups (because I don't know much about Germans and what they think) but listing the Confederates as a hate group shows that wikipedia is willing to shut down the conversation and demonize people they don't like. Wikipedia apparently doesn't appreciate the South and the great people who fly that flag. Heritage isn't racist and shouldn't be listed as a hate group.

Now in the state of Utah there is a heritage of Mormon tradition. But I say judge Utah by it's actions. At present SL is in the top 3 metro areas for upward mobility. If there was a bunch of "Hate" going on, the poor and marginalized wouldn't be doing so stinking good. Yes mormon doctrine might have a history of saying not nice things to certain people. But actions are more important that words. Baltimore is at the bottom of the list. The real hate groups live there (gangs, thugs, and welfare queens).

https://www.deseret.com/2015/5/12/20564569/upward-mobility-study-ranks-salt-lake-city-in-top-3-metro-areas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_group

Posted by: good grief ( )
Date: November 05, 2019 11:31AM

"Heritage isn't racist and shouldn't be listed as a hate group."

When your "heritage" is largely based on enslaving an entire group of human beings solely because of their skin color, then yes, your "heritage" is indeed racist.

Posted by: Me Lucky Charms ( )
Date: November 05, 2019 06:21AM

No, they shouldn't be. That would be unfair on the members who are already in it. Waco was largely instigated on that basis, and rapidly became a mess they later had to do a massive coverup on.

Date: November 05, 2019 11:41AM

The current members have made their bed now they can sleep in it. I have no sympathy for the brainwashed that continue to keep with the fold after mountains of evidence and push back against the cult. They deserve horrible lives and pain and suffering. I am even going to say that about my own TBM family.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.