Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wowza ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 10:38AM

1. Insisting on impossible standards and belief in silly stories and silly men. Once one partner figures out the bs, the marriage is immediately in Jeopardy from the TBM spouse.

2. Putting pressure on young men to go on missions. Most of them don't believe, but refusing to go immediately gets TBM parents angry.

3. Talking to men about their wive's callings before offering it to the wife. If she says "no", the TBM husband knows and will hold her in judgement.

4. If a husband fails to "uphold the priesthood" in his home, many molly mormons will start looking around for another worthy male.

5. If you don't wear the weird underwear, your spouse will pressure you and judge you.

6. If you don't pay tithing, your TBM spouse will pressure you, judge you and start looking around for a more worthy partner.

7. The church labels you as unworthy for any number of things, big or small. This means you can't go to the temple. You can't attend weddings, and you can't carry around your "good boy" card.

8. Gay children are unacceptable, love them but make sure they know they are being judged and they'll never get 100% from you.

9. Loss of faith is to be met with accusations and the reasoning ignored. These people are labeled as sinners who've done something wrong to cause them to not buy the story any longer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 10:46AM

That family is doomed to failure. They still tell gays to marry straight women even if they pretend they don't.

My gay husband is over at the stove making eggs and bacon as I type this. I have my desk in the dining room. We live together. We're friends. But we are not "together." We just share the house since it is cheaper to live this way and we're in our 60s.

Posted by: stillangry ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 11:03AM

#8,9 are true. I have experienced them first hand. Of course the family denies it, but it is there. Unconditional love is not real. There is a level of force behind it for it to work, and that makes it wrong.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 01:34PM

ChurchCo is Always looking to prove itself, it's never content to travel at a constant speed, let people view the whole package.
So, to establish itself as Dear Leader, it must separate wheat from chaff.

They way they earlier touted families as the most important units in society has been jettisoned, now it's CHURCH CHURCH CHURCH...

If this isn't defensive sheltering in place, kicking against the pricks, ... what else could it be?

Mormonism: 50 + years behind the rest of the world, but still kicking.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 10, 2019 02:50PM

Don't forget if a woman has a child out of wedlock the church pressures her to give the child up.

Not necessarily breaking families up but if you lose a spouse they put extreme pressure on you to remarry, sometimes rather hastily.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.