Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: February 20, 2020 04:08PM

" The Holy Land Experience last week filed notice with the city of Orlando and state officials announcing it would be eliminating 118 positions. That represents most of the jobs at the theme park in Orlando's tourist corridor.

... they [are] shifting focus from entertainment and theatrical productions to the park's Biblical museum. The decision will allow them to continue to receive tax breaks signed into law by former Governor Jeb Bush."

" ... IRS records show a sharp decline in revenue, from $42 million in 2010 to $8 million in 2017, the most recent year available."

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2020/february/holy-land-experience-lays-off-workers.html?utm_source=ctdirect-html&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_term=18288717&utm_content=698253194&utm_campaign=email

Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come for other corporate Christian entities. I wonder how Ken Hamm's Ark Encounter is doing these days?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2020 04:38PM by Plaid n Paisley.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 20, 2020 07:11PM

“I wonder how Ken Hamm's Ark Encounter is doing these days?“

Since attendance was below projections to begin with, and trending downward, I suppose the ark is financially.....underwater.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 20, 2020 10:03PM

this make OPie hopeful ? ~

in this thred ~

exmos are hopeful that people lose jobs ~

exmos are hopeful that fewer people choose belief in God ~

¿ how is this working out for the people of the world today ? ~

this is the evil of Joseph's Myth come to fruition ~

because of Joseph's Myth ~

good exmos are taught that all religion is wrong except Joseph's Myth ~

when the exmo find out that Joseph's Myth is false ~

the exmo rejects all religion ~

Joseph's Myth is the best thing the devil ever though of ~

Mormonism is an atheist factory ~

in b 4 ~ Galatians 1:6 ~

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 21, 2020 10:02AM

Ummm...
More people become atheists because they actually study the Bible. People like Thomas Paine didn't need something as stupid as Mormonism to make them question faith based claims.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: February 22, 2020 01:33PM

Speaking of atheist factories ...

When I was a kid I lived near an ACTUAL atheist factory (not the metaphorical, Mormon kind). Very big and VERY tall. So tall, in fact, that from the top you could actually see the curvature of the earth!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2020 01:35PM by lurking in.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: February 21, 2020 12:23AM

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/religion/2020/02/17/kentucky-ark-encounter-documentary-what-you-need-know/4773758002/

The Ark Encounter in Northern Kentucky has both amazed and angered boatloads of people over the years.

"We Believe in Dinosaurs," a documentary airing at 10 p.m. Monday on PBS, aims to capture — from the first days of construction in 2014 to the opening in 2016 — the polarizing nature of the theme park in Williamstown that features a 510-foot replica of Noah's Ark.

We already spoke last week with the filmmakers behind the documentary, but without giving too much away, here are a few takeaways from "We Believe in Dinosaurs."
Creationism vs. evolution

If you're unfamiliar with creationism, then "We Believe in Dinosaurs" will expose you to plenty of new information.

Creationists reject evolution and believe that, based on the Bible, the Earth was created in a few days about 6,000 years ago.

The founder of the ark is Ken Ham, an Australian creationist who is the CEO of Answers in Genesis. His Christian ministry also operates the Creation Museum in Petersburg, which is about 45 miles north of the Ark Encounter.

Both attractions are part of the "Christian evangelistic outreach of Answers in Genesis," as the Creation Museum's website says.

Previously: Hear from the filmmakers of documentary on Kentucky's Ark Encounter

As the roughly 90-minute documentary shows, the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter both show dinosaurs and humans living alongside each other.

Doug Henderson, the lead exhibit designer for the attractions, references the documentary's title early on when explaining the Ark Encounter's features.

"We believe in dinosaurs," Henderson says. "We believe that dinosaurs and man lived at the same time. The Bible does talk about creation week and all the mammals and humans were created on day six."

His statement, however, is where some critics of the Ark Encounter, and of creationists in general, would raise a red flag. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, dinosaurs went extinct nearly 65 million years before people appeared on Earth.

But rather than pulling from outside sources, the documentary lets people actually involved in the Ark Encounter explain their views and opposition to evolutionism.

As Georgia Purdom, a molecular geneticist who serves as the director of educational content for Answers in Genesis, puts it when describing the Ark Encounter: "We want to be able to bring that same level that you see at the Smithsonian but without the evolutionary indoctrination, the evolutionary fairytale so to speak."

Posted by: jojo ( )
Date: February 21, 2020 01:53PM

My neighbor went to see the ark a couple of years ago. she showed me her photos. I was surprised at details they built inside of the ark. I was impressed even though I don't believe in it.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 22, 2020 03:17PM

Was jesus laid off ?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 22, 2020 03:21PM

The christers don't have enough money to go to that theme park. They spent it all at chic-fil-a.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.