Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 12:07PM

ALL Ex-Mo's should announce that they too are joining the FAST so that they can at least hijack some of the credit as well.

Better yet...ALL Atheists should announce the same!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Calico ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 12:23PM

Also a Weird attempt at being ecumenical. It has been traditional for Catholics and other Christians to fast on Good Friday for centuries.

Posted by: Third of Five ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 12:25PM

Ugh, I’ve received Facebook invites from mormons to join the fast. Apparently this event is also on Facebook. So the more people that fast, the more powerful it will be? Even though I’m clearly an atheist, I’m being invited? Am I supposed to believe in god all of sudden due to a pandemic? This irritated me. I think I’m doing enough to help, and as such probably need to eat more. Mormons always need to feel like they’re doing something righteous all the time. They even had to tell me that by being a nurse I was “doing God’s work”. Seriously? It’s not enough to just be a decent human being?

I suppose it’s too much to ask that they just allow people to be decent without involving god in it, and that they could just stay home and shut up.

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 12:31PM

Okay, okay, I'll do it. Starting tonight when I go to sleep I will begin to fast and will continue all night long until the coffee pot wakes me up in the morning.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 12:34PM

Exmo's and atheists should join together for a day of drinking beer, then when the tide turns on COVID-19, they can claim it was their drinkfest that did it.

Viruses don't care if you're skipping meals.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 02:08PM

I fast every day. Between meals.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 02:30PM

They are trying so hard to be relevant during this.
All they can do is pray and claim whatever happens was the result of their prayer.

Meanwhile others are working to combat this situation. Hands working do more than hands clasped in prayer.

It's the same old story. A doctor works hard to save a life and the patient thanks God.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 02:48PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are trying so hard to be relevant during
> this.
> All they can do is pray and claim whatever happens
> was the result of their prayer.
>
> Meanwhile others are working to combat this
> situation. Hands working do more than hands
> clasped in prayer.
>
> It's the same old story. A doctor works hard to
> save a life and the patient thanks God.

That's the sad truth of it... thanks Dagny

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 02:45PM

Quick, get a candle ready and light it at midnight and dedicate it to "...making inroads in our war against the beervirus..." and then take all the credit next week!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 09:51PM

You can bet all the nurses and doctors and lab techs that are working hard to protect and save us won't be part of a stupid f******* fast. But they're probably missing some meals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 09:53PM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 09:48AM

Not deliberately but one of my friends told me yesterday that on a 12 hour shift this week she got a grand total of 30 minutes of break time. They are so stressed and tired.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 10:06PM

measured in new cases per day and hospital admissions per day. The peak in deaths per day, sadly will have a 10 day delay or so.

The request to join in fast that I saw said nothing about ending COVID-19, just pray for the healthcare workers and restoration of the economy. Well, yeah, the day most people are fasting to honor the death of Jesus, the so-called-church-of-Jesus-Christ does not mention his name just their precious economic concerns.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 09, 2020 10:48PM

Things God thinks:

"If those little humans had gotten 10 more people to pray, it would have changed my mind."

"Why do those humans try to tell me what to do? Don't they know I already know what they want? Don't they trust my divine plan?"

"Don't they realize I'm the one who sent the virus and I'll darn well kill everyone I want?"

"I already know what the humans want. I just like them to beg."

"I told them to pray in private, not advertise on TV for group participation!"

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 10, 2020 09:43AM

Where did you get the insane idea that the virus tide has turned ?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.