Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 10:43AM

What will LDS Inc do with the temple handshaking????

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 10:48AM

They have made such a big deal in the temple about how God needs these special handshakes.

It would take a BIG revelation to say God changed his mind and now requires quirky head shakes and elbow bumps.

What would they do with the slits in the veil in the temple if they don't use them for handshakes?

Maybe they will have sacred hand sanitizer at the veil or put on special sacred disposable gloves.

Posted by: NLI ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 11:11AM

Sacred gloves will save the day. These will be manufactured at church owned facilities and can only be purchased from the church. Ownership of the sacred gloves will be inspected along with the temple recommend as one enters the temple. These gloves will have always been part of the temple ceremony.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 03:13PM

My thoughts exactly! All gloves will be white, but women’s will have white lacy embroidered ends. Men will have the option of embroidered Saturns, Jupiters, or the logo of their favorite pickup truck on their gloves because they hold the priesthood. The Gloved Boner.

Posted by: Becca ( not logged in) ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 03:21PM

Oh yes most definitely gloves. And the rented ones will be plain and dull.. And the more money you spend the more lace and frills.. And monograms for the men...
And thy will fit right in with the modest is hottest theme..

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 03:25PM

And for the most costly and expenses gloves—white sequins with ChurchCo’s new logo! These must be pre-ordered made of white kid-goat leather, all proceeds will go to church public relations to maintain the gloves are sacred, not sequined.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 05:49PM

The "Testimony Glove," introduced over a decade ago, is impervious to doubts implanted by Satan and microscopic pathogens:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/friend/2008/10/testimony-glove?lang=eng

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 11:51AM

I can imagine the PANIC that is setting in among the GAs....

O if only Christ c/would communicate directly with his only living prophet here on earth, the resolution would be immediately accepted & revered by dog's people & immediately invoked - implemented!

Another Hosanna Shout spontaneously arises!!!
White Hankies are seen Everywhere among dog's people!!!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 02:28PM

Big changes in the unchangeable gospel coming...

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 03:24PM

One of the general conferences was cancelled in 1919, because of

Logic would have it that many, if not all the questions being asked now, were asked then. Only it was tremendously localized!

And the church survived, because that’s the way a sufficient number of members wanted it. Just like “a” church survived JoJu’s death.

Logic has it that whatever games the GAs play now will be approved by the membership. That’s just the way the game is played.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 03:31PM

I also wonder about the hand-shaking problem--probably plastic, disposable gloves for all, or bumping elbows. (tee--hee.)

I went to a new neighbor's house today--without gloves--to give her some of my lemons, and we exchanged names (hers is Linda). She had two very pleasant dogs who also came to the door to greet me (I let them smell my hands--which were un-gloved, which seemed the right thing to do, so now we are friends forever, also).

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 11:12PM

If everything needed by the dead is done by proxy, why did the church need to make the temple experience so yucky with handshakes, robes and goofy costumes?

I found the entire temple experience to be repugnant, even as a member.

All they really needed to do was have a simple "bow your head and say yes".

All the other touchy feely, your robe is on the wrong shoulder was utter crap.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.