Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 12:59PM

We 'know' that "Continuing Revelation" is the chief patent that ChurchCo claims, correct?

built on 'foundation' of Joey & his successors, correct?

What about Russell M. Nelson? Is he doing his job at this time of crisis?

He's announced many changes giving them the imprimatur of being 'inspired' and/or 'god's will to his people'...

- changes subtle & not subtle: Women can now witness baptisms

- dis-allowing use of the word Mormon
- Allowing the sacrament to be administered without direct oversight in people's homes & other locations

- Temple attendance & local meetings 'suspended'

Where is God's will for the future? For Temple & other 'ordinances' that heretofore required direct contact?

surely God Knows this virus -and other yet unknown similar events- are potentially very dangerous (what did God tell them regarding the 1918 events?)

'Take your vitamin pills, get some rest, this is going to be exciting' ... Doesn't seem to be comforting or prophetic Now, does it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 01:10PM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 01:39PM

It is a disruption for all of us, but I never thought I'd see this day where the lds church is concerned! They can't even do their "sacred" rites. You'd think Russ would be like that pastor who died of COVID. Doesn't Russ have FAITH? Or is he scared to die? This other guy obviously wasn't afraid to die.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 01:39PM by cl2.

Date: April 18, 2020 01:50PM

Unemployment is UP & commerce is Drastically DOWN;

think what's happening with tithing revenue numbers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 01:51PM by GNPE.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 02:03PM

ChurchCo had always depended upon group reinforcement -- true believers propping up those with shaky testimonies, peer pressure against the nonconformists, and all that. But how will that work now that they can't gather, now that the less valiant aren't hearing other people's testimonies all the time? What will happen when people are left alone long enough to think? Yeah, the brethren are panicking.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 02:03PM

The impact of the virus on our daily lives is something to behold, isn't it? I can see why the slow people are having trouble understanding it. Too small to be seen with the naked eye, the virus is bigger than all we do see. It changes everything.

As an opponent to Mormonism, and other frauds that resemble it, I celebrate the disruption in their long con.What changes is Mormonism undergoing now that will stick for decades? Will the missionary program recover, and if not, why did it ever exist? I personally find door-knocking offensive. It would be okay with me if the Missionary program were eliminated altogether. Alas, I know Mormons.

I'm watching to see if the Morg transforms the concept of the proselytizing mission to that of the "service mission." I understand that already, a few mission-aged Mormon kids have been "called" to serve in Mormon canneries and other businesses. Free labor.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: April 20, 2020 12:33PM

I also expect service missions will become a major thing in the years ahead.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 03:34PM

Russell will get just as much support as Jim Jones got. He doesn’t have to do anything. I listened to his talk. He’s completely sincere in his delusion. Church leadership will always have that delusion filter. They must believe it, but who wants to be led by guys that gullible?

Mormon brainwashing disables critical thinking. The prophet will never lead them astray. They know this because the prophet said it.

I think they know they’re in the same boat as everyone else. Maybe they have some reassurance in their faith, but theirs seems to be a cheap imitation of faith so maybe not. I’ll tell you why the salt has lost its savor. It’s because they don’t understand that telling people how to be is not the same as telling them what to do.

It’s interesting to see the machinations of this momentous change. The strange era of artificial scarcity may be coming to an end. To me, it has to. But with it goes the dollar as the world’s reserve currency and possibly the Federal Reserve banking system. So it might not all be fun and games.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 04:25PM

Not uncommon for a person to start believing in their own bullshit. I think that happened to Joseph Smith.

Date: April 18, 2020 04:39PM

Yeah. Mormonism is just one illusion in a world full of illusions. Central Banking is an even bigger illusion. If these illusions disappear new illusions will replace them. Maybe even something worse.

Posted by: Russell Pupkin ( )
Date: April 21, 2020 10:18AM

Rubicon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah. Mormonism is just one illusion in a world
> full of illusions. Central Banking is an even
> bigger illusion. If these illusions disappear new
> illusions will replace them. Maybe even something
> worse.

Any notions that Peking had evolved into a nice progressive government have evaporated in the past few months. Getting wealthy does not make you more open or democratic. Look at how rich the Morg is. Or the Mafia.

You can expect a lot of face saving going on in the next few years. Not just from LDS Inc, but from all over.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 04:21PM

SINGING—

Dear God, you made many, many poor people
I realize of course, that it's no shame to be poor
But it's no great honor either
So what would have been so terrible if I had a prophetic vision?:

If I were a prophet
Daidle deedle daidle
Daidle daidle deedle daidle dumb
All day long I'd biddy-biddy-bum
If I were a prophetic man
I wouldn't have to guess hard
Daidle deedle daidle
If I were a biddy-biddy seer
Daidle deedle daidle daidle Stone.

I'd build a big temple with rooms by the dozen
Right in the middle of the town
A fine tin roof with real marble floors below
There would be one long staircase just going up
And one even longer coming down
And one more leading nowhere, just for show
I'd fill my yard with grass, tulips, and gates
And ducks for the town to see and hear
Squawking just as noisily as they can
And each loud
"Proph-ph-pet! Proph-ph-pet! Proph-ph-pet!"
Would land like a trumpet on the ear
As if to say, "Here lives a prophetic man"
Oy!

If I were a prophet
Daidle deedle daidle
All day long I'd biddy-biddy-bum
If I were a prophetic man
I wouldn't have to guess hard
Daidle deedle daidle
If I were a biddy-biddy seer
Daidle deedle daidle daidle Stone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 04:22PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 09:15PM

Date: April 18, 2020 04:23PM

Russ and Wendy live in their own private Disneyland. Nelson is high on his own farts in the bubble he lives in.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 20, 2020 09:59AM

It's going to be interesting when members who lost their jobs and are in food lines justify their church sitting on millions.

The church is not going to bail out the members financially.

Instead, the church will praise itself for advising people to have food storage.

I don't know how people can't manage to buy a vowel when they see all that devotion and obedience didn't pay off. They are not getting their rent or mortgage paid in time of need. Instead they get to wave a hanky. I guess the rewards come in the next life (eye roll).

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 20, 2020 10:25AM

The parable of the ten virgins is their script for this. You think they’ll give money to the foolish virgins? This pandemic will come and go, and still no Jesus.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 20, 2020 11:20AM

The Mormon church now has had a number of weeks without members in ward buildings. That's a lot of time for the members to get out of the habit of going to church. It might be that some of them have a new appreciation for their extra free time.

Tithing has got to be down due to job losses and uncertainty. Plus some members are likely noting that the church to which they have contributed so generously over the years may not have done very much for them in return in this time of need.

Date: April 20, 2020 11:01PM

I wonder what's going on with Bishops & SPs!

Are they conducting TR interviews? other 'worthiness' interviews?

Obviously all schedules for seminary, etc are trashed;

How are leaders coping / adjusting? it's almost obvious that some are re-thinking their priorities, isn't it?

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: April 21, 2020 04:38AM

The GAs and their handlers don't care. They are probably all safely hidden away in their doomsday bunkers with their two year supply of food.

Posted by: Russell Pupkin ( )
Date: April 21, 2020 10:10AM

The "Mormon" thing is Nelson's personal hobby horse. He was slapped down for it by Gordon B. Hinckley nearly thirty years ago.

There is nothing new about it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.