Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 04:20PM

I think more members will realize the church has nothing to offer them in a crisis. How does a temple help in days of tribulation when it’s shut down? All the church can offer you is some cheesy PR that Beehive Clothing is now making masks.

It’s a useless joke folks. The church will not be there for you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 04:25PM

Yeah, and their PR sucks—it’s about 50 years behind the rest of the Western world.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 07:21PM

The most sense that I've seen from a religious leader of late has come from the Dalai Lama. He has said that people should use this time to work together as a planet, to practice compassion, and to rely on medical science. All good, common sense advice.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 18, 2020 08:54PM

I watched conference. They went on how grateful they were about the oh so special 1976 revelation the prophet received to extend the priesthood to all worthy members. I don’t remember exactly who was insulting my intelligence, maybe Oaks. They must think blacks are stupid.

I’m sure they’ll be just as grateful when they get a revelation to allow temple weddings for gay couples.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 08:58PM by bradley.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 19, 2020 01:48PM

In the Russian Marine Corps we called it bullshitski

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: April 19, 2020 02:53PM

Beehive clothing is making masks? Why? Masks don't require sacred symbols, so why are they wasting their time on masks? Anyone can make a mask.

If Beehive clothing wants to do something useful why don't they manufacture depend-like disposable garments? There are so many LDS seniors who could really use them. I know of a senior who needs to wear depends but will only wear them outside the garments, which isn't very effective. Depend-like garments would help a lot of seniors who insist on wearing garments next to their skin no matter the messy consequences.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.