Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: May 08, 2020 11:51PM

...as it would make ExMo life sooo much easier without having to worry about that Pink Elephant in the corner of the room at family gatherings etc!!!

In addition it would greatly assist &/or eliminate the tedious parsing of trying to maintain normal mature adult conversation that can drive an ExMo crazy while having to routinely tip-toe around "Church oriented" conversations in the presence of TBMs.

Just sayin'!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 09, 2020 05:46PM

But you’re the lost sheep. Did you resign? Too bad, they’ll un-resign you after you’re dead.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: May 09, 2020 07:05PM

ld$ inc has a whole army of indexers just waiting for the corpse to grow cold, and then I'm sure we'll all be dead dunked and sealed 40 times. I know they've done it to my grandmother numerous times and she was even a Mormon.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 09, 2020 07:18PM

They want more tithe payers. Family guilt is useful to Mormonism.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: May 11, 2020 07:56AM

He knows doing so will force many to choose family or Church. Knows many will leave if forced to make that choice.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: May 13, 2020 12:35AM

He doesn't have to say it because it's implied. Like Boyd Packard's "Unwritten Order of Things".

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: May 13, 2020 10:01AM

The TIES have already been cut.

They can't associate with us. They NO too much.

We YES too much, you know.

Now you know.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 07:01PM

they give LIP SERVICE to families being the most Important,

Howard Hunter,

"The family is the most important unit in time and in eternity and as such, transcends every other interest in life." (Howard W. Hunter, Ensign - November 1994)

Down the memory hole, I'm guessing...

Posted by: Third of Five not logged in ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 11:12AM

This is about appearances. It’s why it’s implied but not commanded. It’s why most of the nastiness from the mormons is passive aggressive. It’s about plausible deniability about being un-christlike.

It actually has been said, more or less. But not commanded outright. That way the church cannot be blamed directly when people fall out. If it goes well, the church will take the credit, if it goes badly, it’s the members fault.

If they actually commanded cutting ties with anyone in those words, the media would destroy them. Shame huh? I get your point. Instead we have to deal with, at best, hot and cold behaviour.

They are told to love us back into the fold and be examples of righteousness, whilst simultaneously avoiding evil influences and not associating with apostates. Literally these are mutually exclusive. Yeah, Mormons are so loving, kind, full of joy and are so much FUN aren’t they?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 11:57AM

I had a huge argument with my daughter over how she handled not getting married to a guy 4-1/2 years ago. She DID NOT handle it well and then I had him coming to me all the time while she was off in Tennessee. I ended up paying him money for what he spent, etc., and I was not pleased. She came home just before going to Alaska and I wasn't going to see her, so I went over to stay at my boyfriend's and I just had to come home. I saw her and I knew that I would DO ANYTHING to be in her life. She is a part of me and no matter what, I will put up with what I have to.

My therapist told me to stop reacting to things she did and I did, and it worked.

My family is almost 100% out of the church. Only 2 stragglers. Whoops, 3 counting my daughter. I'm one of the lucky ones, but then church was never a big topic of conversation in our family anyway.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.