Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 10:17AM

Jesus didn't come for her on July 22 as she predicted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tutu KJ ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 12:03PM

She's probably heart broken....wanting her love Chad.

I assume she'd be thinking about a new date to see Jesus.

Or maybe he appeared in her dreams & said "I'm here for you".
"You are so specia".

But is she a thinker?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 12:18PM

I can't reveal my source, but the word on the cell block aisles is that Lori has dumped Even Jesus Christ and transferred her infections to Jeff Bezos, head of Amazon.

What with Even Jesus Christ having let her down, she was left free to recognize that Jeff Bezos is this dispensation's Real Prophet! He saw into the future, as any good prophet would, and saw the need for home deliveries! Maybe he even saw The Covid, but that's not really crucial. Simply being prophetic enough to see the need was sufficient.

Lori's in love!

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 06:26PM

That could be true. Chad didn’t pay her bail. What a disappointment it must be. Chad left her with Mr. Means while he hired a better attorney. What another disappointment. And the world didn’t end, so off to another victim to bail her out!

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 01:14PM

The way these things have worked with other wack-jobs in the past is that there's usually an excuse. Jesus didn't come because they were obedient, so Chad and Lori saved the world from destruction, etc. Wasn't that selfless of them? Or, the second coming did happen, and it ushered in a new era (Strong City and Wayne Bent). Or . . .

But, there's always some lame excuse as to why it didn't happen. Lori is REALLY invested at this point, and psychologically will probably find a way to hold to it like a sunk cost.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 01:57PM

It was a test. Lori and Chad have passed with flying colors and God loves them even more for it.

Date: July 23, 2020 03:54PM

Dear Lot's Wife,

The William Law School of Law is please to inform you of your acceptance to our inaugural class. After an intensive three hour orientation, you will be awarded your JD degree, based on life experience.

Sincerely,

William Law, JD, MS, PhD, MNLOP

Date: July 23, 2020 04:14PM

Yipee!

Now everyone will have to listen to me. Hear that, biatches?

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 08:30PM

Former AP's don't have to listen.

Date: July 24, 2020 12:53AM

I'm sorry, what did you say?

Date: July 23, 2020 11:44PM

Authoritah!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 02:01PM

Jesus is Russian Orthodox. It is only July 9 on the Orthodox calendar.

All those wine bottles I filled with water are still gonna transform. I believes. :)

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 03:08PM

Personally I believe there was no apocalypse because of the unbelief and mocking on RFM.
Good work you all!

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 04:51PM

But Jesus did come back. He gave a very special, very private message to Lori. He told her to wait until the right time to tell the rest of us and to start taking over the world.

Maybe Lori and Chad are like Pinky and the Brain.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 05:28PM

you're right; they're so spechul that jesus is preparing them for when RMN is no longer profit.

the quorum of the 12 apostates has yet to have this knowledge, they're out of the loop.

Posted by: Jake451 ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 05:41PM

“Hmmmm... once Chad is executed for murder, can I still collect on his insurance?”

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 05:53PM

Even if there's an "end of the world," due to something like a nuclear incident, which still won't kill off everyone and everything, there's not going to be any second coming of Jeezus or rapture or anything else. The people waiting for that will either be killed off or left in the rubble like everyone else.

Yet they wait, their children wait, their children's children wait. As has been since the beginning, at least since the beginning of Christianity and will continue until the end. And it will always be just around the corner. The "signs of the times" will get worse and worse as the world's peoples destroy themselves. But some people only get through it with the thought that because they "endured to the end" they will be rewarded with something that all people they hate won't be. And hey, if that's what they need to convince themselves that all the hoops their religions are making them jump through is worth it, let them live in their delusions. Until they start sacrificing their children. Then let them live their delusions out in a cell.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 25, 2020 08:40AM

Would you believe it? I've been working as a translator since 1986, but I've clearly not been doing it right. Daybell's weird To Do list was as follows:

Translate ancient records
Write the book about the translation process
Identify locations in northeast Arizona for white camps
Presidency of the Church of Firstborn
Help establish the food distribution as the tribulations start and the delegate
Ordain individuals to translation as the camps begin
Provide supplies to righteous members of families

As I've never been "ordained to translation" (I've just waded in and done it ;-), it was probably all in vain.

Not sure about the "ancient records" bit, but this may be something to do with the fact that some translators get REALLY behind with their deadlines ;-)

Have a great weekend everyone (and anybody ;-)

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: July 25, 2020 10:31AM

I seem to recall you're a nevermo, so (just in case you weren't aware) you've stumbled onto some traditional mormon doctrine here.

When Chad talks about "ordained to translation" he isn't talking about ancient records and languages, but the *other* kind of translation.

In orthodox mo-doctrine, "translation" is the process by which bodies become immortalized without having to die first – kind of like resurrection-lite. This is what mormons believe happened to the Three Nephites, the apostle John, and the entire City of Enoch. Sweet deal if you can get it.

So when he was yammering about "ordaining" others to translation, he was imagining either twinkling them himself (if Jesus had returned and empowered him to do so) or "setting them apart" i.e., prepping them to be twinkled in the very near future.

It shouldn't surprise you by now that mormonism is exceptionally weird.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 25, 2020 12:34PM

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 25, 2020 03:55PM

It doesn't surpriseme that mormonism is weird. I've been reading here since 2007 and have investigated any number of fascinating historical rabbit holes over the years thanks to posters on this site.

So it doesn't surprise me, but it DOES amuse me.

Having said that, you taught me something, because I did indeed misinterpret the second "translate". The real problem is I cannot find the mental strength to read the source texts in full (BOM and D&C, POGP, etc.).

So I didn't know that wonderfully masonic fact - for which thank you, Dallin :-)

I like learning :-)

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 25, 2020 09:52PM

Isn't this "ordained to translation" the Second Anointing ? Per Tom Phillips, after his ordinance, he was to choose five others (all in secret of course).

So maybe Chad and Lori are all up to speed on that.

Date: July 25, 2020 01:58PM

Lori is furiously awaiting her release on bail so she can take God out to the woodshed for a good whoopin'.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.