Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: January 21, 2021 07:51PM

So, who are the people that inhabited America according to the BOM? Let’s say, 15,000 to 10,000 y ago.
When did the first group of jews arrive in America? 4000 y ago? How many jews in how many boats?
Does the BOM say there were other people in America already?
Then a second wave of 50 jews came 2000 y ago? In how many boats?
Does the BOM discuss/mention other cultures in America?

The Bible does mention Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Armenians, Samaritan, Assyrian and a bunch of others. We know that these cultures are real since they left evidence that they exist and most of them still exist.

Does the BOM discuss the native americans present in America. They obviously have asian origins and possibly some siberian. Does the BOM mention this?

I presume that a mormon apologist might state that the BOM does not mention them bc jews didn’t travel around in America, once they reached what is present day Mexico, however, it doesn’t matter what they say because the jews are explorers (according to the BOM) and they travel from the middle east to eastwards and crossed the pacific ocean by boat, right?
Therefore, they are a full globe explorers, like the portugeuse, english, french, spains (spaniards?), netherlanders, asians/polynysians.

Can your reply contain references to the BOM?

Thanks babes.
~~~~iceman9090

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 21, 2021 11:15PM

All of these questions and a good deal more are answered in the Wikipedia article, complete with links to BoM citations/references.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Mormon

Of course according to Mormon scripture there was no "15,000 years ago". Death entered the world with the fall of Adam, the earth was depopulated in Noah's flood, the BoM Jaredits came to the Western Hemisphere shortly after that, and Lehi and company showed up around 600 BCE. The BoM mentions no other groups being here.

The apologist claim now is that the BoM doesn't say there wasn't anybody else here. That's less than honest, since it does say this was a special land, kept from the rest of the world, and reserved for these special groups in the BoM. Besides, the Flood should have killed everyone else.

Yes, science contradicts all that eight ways from Sunday. Plus the BoM is a hot mess of racism. All reasons I think the leadership is slowly backing away from the BoM and plan to pretend it doesn't exist at some point in the future.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 22, 2021 01:25AM

>The BoM mentions no other groups being here.

Don't forget the Mulekites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulek

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 22, 2021 01:27AM

And the Jaredites, lead by their own BoJ.

Date: January 22, 2021 01:36AM

The Mulekites were also from the same basic Hebrew family. And I did mention the Jaredites, coming right after the time of Noah, though I did misspell their name. Glass keyboard. Boo hiss.

Date: January 22, 2021 01:38AM

I read your post about the Jaredits this morning and forgot about it, then responded to [|] about the Jaredites. Perhaps I was suffering from short-term Jareditis.

Date: January 22, 2021 01:40AM

I'm thinking we should rechristen you Mahonri.

ETA: You may misspell it at will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2021 01:40AM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 22, 2021 01:44AM

Well, BoJ did mention the Jaredites.

Date: January 22, 2021 01:47AM

I earned a self-whoosh. Just can't keep up with you and Mahonri.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 21, 2021 11:30PM

I think the 'thinking' people, investigators & members easily gloss over the details of the BoM, preferring to rely on faith & loyalty to ChurchCo leaders.

What's amazing to me is that the leaders continually evade addressing the Core Values of Christ-Like living by 'going around the edges' of what they refer to as 'gospel matters'.

This jives well with my estimation / knowledge that ChurchCo is a shallow SCAM.

Date: January 22, 2021 01:47AM

For people who actually care about evidence, the BoM is an unmitigated disaster.

Unfortunately, as we have learned through sad experience, a substantial number of people do not care about evidence. The continued success of astrologers is one example among many.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 22, 2021 04:24AM

You forgot the latest correction to the most correct book.

The mormons quietly changed the introduction to the book of mormon from the Lamanites being the chief ancestors of the native americans to AMONG the ancestors of the native americans.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 22, 2021 06:19AM

They'll spin it the same way Force followers claim The Force made George Lucas create Star Wars to bring knowledge of The Force to Earth...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2021 06:20AM by anybody.

Date: January 22, 2021 09:28AM

Here's a fun explanation:

The original inhabitants of the Americas were from survivors from Atlantis who settled there after an asteroid impact that destroyed Atlantis around 11,000 BCE.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: January 23, 2021 01:26AM

The continent of North America was free of human beings before the arrival of the Jewish sailors who built boats without having developed any shipbuilding industry. They had no ports, yet they set sail in ships sturdy enough to survive an ocean crossing. Within decades the offspring of the Jewish sailors in America had multiplied to millions, and they split into two groups. One group was delightsomely white, and the other group was loathsome and black-skinned. The tribes warred, and the whites were killed off entirely. The blacks were aboriginal "Indians" who met Columbus at the beach.

That's it in a nutshell, and I do mean nuts.

Date: January 23, 2021 12:27PM

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 24, 2021 08:14PM

If we just assume the truth - that the Book of Mormon is a fraud - then none of the mormon narrative about America is true. There is no such thing as a Lamonite. The American natives have Japanese DNA and other racial mixes in them. God does not change people's skin color as a sign of any kind of curse or blessing. Skin color changes are caused by nature.

Native American history occurred mainly closer to the equator where the people turned brown over time as a biological defense against a higher level of harmful sun rays found there. Then some of them migrated North within recent history with respect to the entire time that humans have existed (thousands of years being a reletively short time period). Most of the white race evolved in Northern Europe and Scandinavia. The incident angle of sunlight in those locations prevented the people from absorbing enough vitamin D from sunlight. So natural biological processes over long time frames removed as much melanin from their skin as possible, to aid in the people of those regions ability to absorb Vitamin D. That turned their skin more white.

The whole thing about people's skin color being changed as a function of their righteousness is racist and false, yet it was mormon church doctrine until just recently. The Book of Mormon itself, the so-called "most perfect book", has been edited recently to hide these false racist claims of Mormonism past.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 24, 2021 09:54PM

azsteve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
The Book of Mormon itself, the so-called "most perfect book", has been edited recently to hide these false racist claims of Mormonism past.

I assume you're referring to 'pure' rather than 'white', is that correct? Any others?

Date: January 24, 2021 09:59PM

Japanese DNA in the Americas?

No.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 24, 2021 10:28PM

Well then how come I love sushi and sashimi?

Date: January 24, 2021 10:29PM

Ask your mom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2021 10:29PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 24, 2021 11:14PM

Nary a lamanite to be found.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.