Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: February 15, 2021 08:02PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 15, 2021 08:04PM

We are communicating silently and no one can disprove it haha.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: February 15, 2021 08:34PM

I am (and always have been) very strongly in favor of interspecies communication.

Bravo!

:)

Date: February 16, 2021 03:45AM

I think I am understanding this interspecies without words communication thing a little better. It did seem like there was something there although I know people may make fun of this type of thing.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: February 15, 2021 08:39PM

What are you feeding it?

Posted by: Adam the warrior ( )
Date: February 16, 2021 03:42AM

Just peas.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 07:42PM

I feed the wee squirrels every morning on my walks around Lake Sacajawea. My city is a squirrel-friendly city, with squirrel bridges over the roads, and an annual squirrel festival. The funny thing I notice is how the squirrels recognize me from far away. This morning I had four squirrels run up to me, after seeing me from hundreds of feet away. They're not just really cute, but wicked smart. I love squirrels.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 07:59PM

cludgie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feed the wee squirrels every morning on my walks
> around Lake Sacajawea. My city is a
> squirrel-friendly city, with squirrel bridges over
> the roads, and an annual squirrel festival.

Longview?
I designed the pavilion protecting the Long-Bell Locomotive in RA Long park by the big wooden squirrel and the Nutty Narrows Squirrel Bridge.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Nutty+Narrows+-+Squirrel+Bridges/@46.1412634,-122.940353,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipO0vJbI50iwJFmdUqIYxePxtwUWy_UGMaj_MPwX!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipO0vJbI50iwJFmdUqIYxePxtwUWy_UGMaj_MPwX%3Dw203-h270-k-no!7i3024!8i4032!4m15!1m7!3m6!1s0x54946c8a70c9ceeb:0xd0177aa187edec43!2sLake+Sacajawea!3b1!8m2!3d46.1292008!4d-122.9455072!3m6!1s0x54946c8cdc3c71b5:0x7c5cad24cdd05b32!8m2!3d46.1412628!4d-122.9403524!14m1!1BCgIgAQ#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2021 08:02PM by schrodingerscat.

Date: March 01, 2021 01:33PM

Good catch! Yes, Longview. My wife is from here, and didn't ever want to come back.* But after my retirement in 2017, we hunted for a house in the Pacific NW for 6 months (while living in my son's Pocatello basement), and settled on a house in Longview that's right along Lake Sacajawea. No, I hardly love Longview. But it's not the End of the World (that would be Pocatello), and they love squirrels. Coincidentally, I love squirrels. And we have water, and plenty of it, unlike St. George and points south.

So, are you from here? Would my wife know you? She's still TBM and attends church here.

*Okay, full disclosure: DW was engaged to me at BYU,but left me for another guy. It was absolutely brutal and heartbreaking to me. He, in turn, left her at the altar of the Logan temple, which was really unnecessarily mean, and we never understood why he did it. (He's now a church leader in Salem, Utah). Months went by, and eventually she came to me and asked ME to marry HER. I found out that she was desperate to get married before leaving BYU so that she would never go back to Longview. And now we're here -- permanently. I've already told her that it is an unintentional comeuppance for her earlier behavior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2021 01:36PM by cludgie.

Date: March 01, 2021 08:05PM

Hi Cludgie,
I just worked there for a couple of years. Lived in Kalama while I worked on a couple of projects. Now I live about an hour North of there, but we go through Longview often on our way to Portland. We love the area. What I didn't love about Longview was that everybody seemed like they were super Christian and talked a lot about it. Never could figure out the deal with that. But I do love water and there's plenty of that in and around Longview/Kalama. I did a cool design for the Port of Kalama Headquarters and museum about the river/rail/road junctions.
We should meet up at Poker Pete's in Kalama for a beer and a slice sometime when the pandemic has eased up a bit more.

Date: March 01, 2021 10:17PM

Yeah, I'd love a meet-up. You know, I pass Kalama all the time, of course, but I've only been in town except two weeks ago when I helped do an eagle count with a friend who is with Audubon Society.

As far as religion, firstly, I don't know many people, although I am in a kaffeeklatsch with some fellow old-people liberals. But I know very little about the Christian aspect. Longview does have two awesome churches, though.

I'm being called for dinner, so will take off. I'll contact you again.

Date: March 02, 2021 03:47PM

cludgie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, I'd love a meet-up. You know, I pass Kalama
> all the time, of course, but I've only been in
> town except two weeks ago when I helped do an
> eagle count with a friend who is with Audubon
> Society.

Cool. Yeah, lots of eagles and other raptors there. I'm a bird lover too. I make sculptures out of glass, often of birds, especially Great Blue Herons. If you love squirrels, there's probably no better place to live than Longview.

> As far as religion, firstly, I don't know many
> people, although I am in a kaffeeklatsch with some
> fellow old-people liberals. But I know very little
> about the Christian aspect. Longview does have two
> awesome churches, though.

Libs are few and far between in that neck of the woods. Good you found some like minded friends there.

> I'm being called for dinner, so will take off.
> I'll contact you again.

Cool.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.