Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 09:59AM

I Hate Mormons My Family is Mormon

I am so done with agreeing to disagree. DONE Cannot do it anymore.

This is the last straw for me from the Salt Lake Tribune today.
Sending this to family today so they know why I am done with them.

https://saltlaketribune-ut-app.newsmemory.com/?publink=18164e779_1345ca9

I am so angry/sad now that I can hardly type. The Gerontocracy are the most selfish filth on earth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 10:21AM

Jamie Belnap did quite a job on that article. I hope your family read it already and agrees.

Date: March 09, 2021 10:25AM

Deleted 'cause I don't know what I'm talking about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 06:36PM by kathleen.

Date: March 09, 2021 10:33AM

I just sent the article to my AreaSeventyTemplePresidentMissionPresident brother. I'll leave it at that for now.

How does one agree with the article and still remain Mormon? I don't know. The "good Mormons" are the ultimate fence sitters.

I never wanted to be loved----anyway. This article made me feel 10 years old again.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 11:07AM

Deeply sorry for the hurt and unfairness you are experiencing. Thanks for sharing this exceptionally well-written article by Jamie Belnap.....and I do hope that it may impact your family's thinking, if not now, perhaps some time down the line.

I give you a shout-out for your standing firm for what you know to be right and just....hang in there. Solidarity means a lot - even if we are separated by miles.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 11:41AM

I'm fairly certain that they won't learn from this article.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 01:52PM by cl2.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 11:42AM

Jamie Belnap did a good job with the article.

Governor Cox: "The type of common sense solution that Utah does best." Thus sayeth the hand-picked man of former Governor Sherbert (Herbert).

I'm so sorry for the anger you're going through; remember from one of my previous comments, that I wanted to throw my shoe at the tv because of the phrase, "we're all in this together"?
After reading this, I want to throw it at the computer.

Hopefully, your family will learn from this article and re-wire their thinking.

Date: March 09, 2021 12:20PM

I hate the "we're all in this together" as much as you.

Just one of a group of phrases that are used to keep the accepted front up to cover the real workings underneath---like exactly what Utah is doing with this phony bill. Sneaky bigotry.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 12:37PM

Date: March 09, 2021 12:46PM

One of the best written on the subject I've seen ever. I guess that is why it hit me so heavily. Including the line about Prophet Brigham and blood atonement was a nice touch.

Feels like your family is saying they feel sad for the gladiators while they starve the lions and tigers to make sure they are extra hungry.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 01:50PM

I do not HATE them as people
I HATE what they do under the guise of religion

Date: March 09, 2021 05:18PM

I get you. But me? I have trouble separating the two. The lines get very blurry.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 02:43PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I get you. But me? I have trouble separating the
> two. The lines get very blurry.
yes the lines do get blurry(I just lost my train of thought here)

Date: March 09, 2021 05:16PM

My worst experience with the Mormon family.

My family had a big family gathering every year. Highlight of my father's life.

One year my AS/MP/TP brother hosted. This was weird as he and his wife had never even brought a dish to the potluck in 30 years. Long flight for me and a long drive after. Don't know why I went. Duty. Didn't want to hurt my father.

I get there and my SIL immediately begins commandeering my attention. Says she has been dying to have someone to talk to about art and keeps a monopolizing conversation going non stop. I am not that suspicious of a person and took it as genuine but kind of annoying.

Then the family meeting is supposed to start but Righteous Brother is nowhere to be found. Dad is waiting and waiting as this was going to be his one time to bear his testimony to the whole family down to the great grandkids. Clearly this was to be a great highlight of his life.

Brother finally comes out having just gotten out of the shower and with a plate of food he had prepared for himself and sits and eats it as Dad starts. (There was to be a lunch for everyone immediately after) I was about the only one who listened to Dad. It was very sad.

When it's over Brother immediately asks me to go to the church with him as a chance to catch up. There is no catching up. There is no conversation. He does nothing at the church that needs to be done. Finally we get back when it is time to catch my plane.

Later I realized and had one sibling confirm that the whole thing was a charade as a way to keep me away from their children as they did not want me within 50 feet of them. I suppose they also re-blessed their house after I left. I was just sick I had gone.

This is the brother I sent the above linked article to. Dallin Oaks would be impressed with him. He's disgusting enough to have made it all the way to Apostle. Kind of a shock he didn't.

This is the brother my mother says is the most spiritual person on the planet.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 05:39PM

I'm sorry, D&D.

Date: March 09, 2021 06:05PM

Forget all that I said above. Get rid of them !

You being treated like that —-

There’s nothing mysterious about evil —-it’s that kind of thing.

Date: March 09, 2021 06:23PM

I have distanced. Emotionally. Keep contact to a minimum. But with the Brother, this link sent is only the second contact one on one since that event I just described and that was long ago now.

The other was when I found out the area seventies were the ones making the Big 15's wishes regarding Prop 8 known to the Mormon masses in California. They fly under the radar. The flying blue monkeys. They are the ones who make sure the Gerontocracy don't get caught up in the fray of their own doing. I wrote a very exacting and blunt email but never heard back, of course.

The rest of my siblings and mother run the normal Mormon gamut of being "just the right amount of accepting," which is what the Mormon leaders are attempting currently. They are trying to do just enough to make it look like if there is an issue--it is on you, not them. They are blameless, haha.

My problem is I need someone to go too far, cross a big line, before I can act. But one toe over the line and you're history.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 06:53PM

I'm terribly sorry, D&D. That sounds very painful. The phrase, "just the right amount of accepting" paints a very clear picture.

Date: March 10, 2021 10:46AM

I like that you got that. It is a strategy that leaves your opponent in the fabled "no man's land" where you just can't win. Any reaction you have will be seen as negative because they have played their "nice card."

That is why as much as I'm not a Bible fan, I love the scripture where Jesus says he can take the hot or the cold but will spew the luke warm. That one is brilliant.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 06:11PM

I shared a story somewhat along the same lines a couple of years ago about how my TBM daughter seemed to never want to leave me alone with her kids, and it was suggested by a now-banned poster that it was probably because my daughter was scared I'd molest my grandkids.

People, huh?

Date: March 09, 2021 06:39PM

My #1 son’s wife didn’t want #2 son around their children bc he smokes, cusses, shacks up, etc.

Interestingly, at the time, #2 son was financing #1 son’s full ride thru law schiool.

DH of mine listened to her complaints re #2 son corrupting the children and said, “But his money’s good enough, isnt it?”

Crickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 07:39PM by kathleen.

Date: March 10, 2021 10:47AM

Classic!

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 03:08PM

Done & Done Wrote:
> Later I realized and had one sibling confirm that
> the whole thing was a charade as a way to keep me
> away from their children as they did not want me
> within 50 feet of them. I suppose they also
> re-blessed their house after I left. I was just
> sick I had gone.

Truly awful, D&D. My eyes are leaking water for you. I don't know of many worse things than making a person feel less than, unwanted, not trusted, unworthy (not in the Mormon sense). In many, this kind of treatment can evoke feelings of shame, which is among the most harmful of emotions and can be damaging in and of itself.

You did not deserve that. How sad for them that they have missed out all these years on your presence and sharing and love.

> This is the brother my mother says is the most
> spiritual person on the planet.

Yeah. Salt in wound. Unjust.

Their great loss. Truly.

I'm so sorry.

Date: March 10, 2021 05:38PM

I second this. Two of my family's dearest "relatives" are a couple of men who have basically adopted us. For over 20 years they have been far better family than my blood relations have ever been.

And D&D has the qualities of love and character in rich abundance. I would love it if we lived near him and my kids had a chance to know him and benefit from his moral qualities and grace.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 09, 2021 07:39PM

I wonder if the church chooses hills to die on subconsciously just for the sake of dying. They are right back to religious law breaking (polygamy) but now there is no place to push their handcarts. Publicly, Mormons disavow polygamy. Privately, they expect it in country club heaven. This is after 200 years. In another 200 years, they will still be anti-LGBT.

So, let them put their foot in it. It’s better they show their true colors.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 10:07AM

Wow, 89% of LGBTQ MORmONs met the criteria for suffering PTSD related to their religious experience?
That’s just the most damning evidence of how wicked the abusive CULT really is. It causes suffering, mental problems and fuels a suicide epidemic and still doubles down on their hate for gays.
It should not only lose its tax exempt status, it needs to come with a Surgeon Generals warning label!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2021 10:09AM by schrodingerscat.

Date: March 10, 2021 10:41AM

"It should not only lose its tax exempt status, it needs to come with a Surgeon Generals warning label!"

Haha. Good one. And true.

I have to say though, these days the PTSD gets thrown around fast and loose and attached so easily to many things. It certainly plays a factor with being gay and Mormon for many, but the 89% I have to wonder about. I always like my statistics gone over by BOJ as a second opinion.

I believe the set of genes each of us get from our ancestors leaves us with different strengths when it comes to coping as kids. I got a great set of genes for being resilient. I hit back when I couldn't avoid. Many cannot cope and those kids need to be noticed and given some back up because bullies always pick the weakest being cowards themselves. That is why the Mormon Bully System works so well. They still see treating the women and the gays as being acceptable because of their antiquated Patriarchy system which they still hold up as the ideal and they see them as weaker. Women are still second class and gays are third. They considered Orange Man to be First Class. Says a lot.

Time for the first to be last and the last to be first?

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 11:30AM

Stamped on the cover of every BoM passed out by the CULT brainwashers,

WARNING: Mormonism causes abusive CULT related Cognitive Dissonance, which leads to PTSD, depression and suicide.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: March 10, 2021 03:11PM

Done & Done Wrote:
> ... but the 89% I have to wonder about. I always like my
> statistics gone over by BOJ as a second opinion.

Haha. Good one!

Date: March 11, 2021 10:16PM

RfM knitters will love Arne and Carlos's YouTube channel.

It appears that they are a gay couple.

I hope that their families aren't mormon or any other bigoted religion.

The thought of anyone being rude to them is saddening.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=arne+and+carlos+youtube&ru=%2fvideos%2fsearch%3fq%3darne%2band%2bcarlos%2byoutube%26qpvt%3darne%2band%2bcarlos%2byoutube%26FORM%3dVDRE&qpvt=arne+and+carlos+youtube&view=detail&mid=DEA24946F8AD899E9965DEA24946F8AD899E9965&&FORM=VDRVSR

Also:

I suspected that my ex was gay. Looking back, what hurts me the most is that knowing he was lonely.

Date: March 11, 2021 10:53PM

> Looking back,
> what hurts me the most is that knowing he was
> lonely.

That is an admirable sentiment.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: March 12, 2021 09:31AM

Your mum and dad, yup, they fucked you up, and we’re fucked up by their mum and dad in turn.

“Man hands on misery to man.
     It deepens like a coastal shelf.
Get out as early as you can,
     And don’t have any kids yourself.”

—Philip Larkin—
—from, This Be The Verse—

Date: March 12, 2021 10:46AM

Well. There's a sunny outlook for you! haha The truth hurts?

That makes me wonder just how much "misery" was passed on to me as I'm sure the amount varies person to person.

Perhaps a saving grace is that I started distancing myself from a very young age from parents. My siblings started distancing themselves from me at a very young age except for one sister. Still I had a great childhood in the years I was too naive to know better. But when the time came, I was more than ready to be on my own.

Date: March 12, 2021 10:55AM

AND . . .

I don't really hate Mormons. Not real hate anyway. Hate-Lite? :)

They aren' the only ones like them, there's plenty of non Mormons just the same, so it would take up too much time to hate all that many people and I've got a German Chocolate cake to bake instead.

I just got so angry that in 2021 the church still runs the state and that means the Mormons of the state are still as bigoted, misogynistic and homophobic as ever, and hurting people-- but still GETTING AWAY WITH IT NO MATTER WHAT!

LEGAL BIGOTRY. It's what's for dinner in Utah. They are the ones who hate, not me.

Date: March 12, 2021 12:13PM

Gotta tell you about my friends “B and G.”

TBMs to the hilt. Sickeningly so. Their granddaughter is in a same-sex marriage. They chose to love this gdaughter-in-law as if she were their own.

If these two (B and G) dyed-in-the-wool joseph smith kissers can do the right thing, they all can —-if the want to. Maybe the religion isn’t the whole problem.

Date: March 12, 2021 06:07PM

I've seen that too.

I have a Mormon friend whose son just announced he's bisexual. That friend and her husband immediately stopped going to church. They have not resigned, but they will never darken a church doorway again because they love their son.

Life is simple when you have your priorities straight.

Date: March 13, 2021 10:23AM

No. The religion isn't the whole problem. It's more like a symptom of the "illness."

I love any time I hear of Mormons or any religion putting their loved ones above the religion. I must add a layer I have noticed however. Parents have a very difficult time accepting gay children because they feel since they raised them that it reflects on them. They have a much easier time accepting the grandkids because they didn't raise them and don't have that albatross on their backs.

If only their Pipeline to Heavenly Father would inform the Mormon parents that their parenting had nothing to do with the kids being gay. Their parenting may however have caused the kids a lot of other problems--like not being able to embrace the truth. as recognizing the truth is only half the battle.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 12, 2021 06:03PM

I wouldn't know how to handle it. Really, luckily, my family wasn't holier than thou and my parents were far from it. I've said before, my dad was the first to say to me, "They're born that way."

Myself, I was the one who could give up everything including my chastity to save someone who is gay and they picked the right person. They didn't care about me and it was obvious. But then most mormons never did care about myself or my family. My brother just barely met at age 52 a mormon who is a good guy. He is in SHOCK.

We have a lot of THOSE types in our family. My aunt who wrote the e-mail about my daughter's wedding was so insulting. And yes, I do have PTSD. No shock to me. I don't handle emotional trauma well and I never have. I knew I couldn't handle someone leaving me. Hell, I could not handle what they did to me. And somehow here I am. Not so happy that I'm here except my kids need me, so I stick around.

My aunt's son is gay. I am not supposed to know. My mom told me, but kept it from me for a long time as my aunt didn't want anyone to know. My aunt all of a sudden wanted to be best friends and she writes me all the time. BUT her son has been married and divorce twice and is dating another female. When I said something to my older sister, she said, "You can't be gay in THAT FAMILY." They are vomit-inducing mormon.

I have a female cousin who is lesbian and in a long-term relationship with a wonderful woman. The family is very accepting except her brother, who is one of those vomit-inducing mormons. I let him know in no uncertain terms that I've been with my nonmo boyfriend for 16 years without marrying him (and that I'm also not divorced). He was the bishop I had to get my TR from and he didn't know I was marrying someone gay. He knew I was upset about something, so he thought I had done something sexual, which I had refused to do even if the bishop tried to get me to. And so he wanted to postpone my wedding. I cried for days. He made me feel like a piece of shit. Thing is, his mother considered me her favorite niece. She thought he was an ass. Really!

That part of just enough love. It is insulting. Tolerance is insulting. My husband's family "tolerates" that he is gay. One of them asked me to please not get a temple divorce.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 13, 2021 10:23AM

The fairness for all act, seems like an act that will represent everyone (like the name says). It means we should stick up for the rights of everyone, which includes the majority. It's designed to protect small business owners such as Sunni Muslims businesses who don't want to make a cake for a Bar Mitzva. There are actually many muslims who would consider it a great sin against their God, Allah, to support lgbtq celebrations. I think we should be as tolerant to their feelings and try to get along.

Date: March 13, 2021 10:32AM

You and Chris Stewart: the new faces of tolerance. Yeah, that makes sense.

By the way, when did you start writing anything positive about Muslims? Is it just that you dislike lgbtq people more than them?

Date: March 13, 2021 10:46AM

Always nice to see someone holding up the banner to remind us that God wants everyone to hate each other in his name.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 13, 2021 11:08AM

It is likely convenient to be able to ID kindred folk by watching at whom they are directing their intolerance.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.