Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 12:07PM

Hot rods and a frosty pint for me this afternoon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 12:22PM

Sounds good, Ron. Over here it's dull and rainy. gardening and a cup of tea for me ;-)

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 12:25PM

Ha. Snap. Hot tea for me too.

I'll take dull and rainy, any day. I love the usual Vancouver weather. We need wind asap to blow away the hot air that is so alien to us.

Date: June 27, 2021 12:24PM

Conversely, I'm just making myself a hot cup of tea. Can't get over that habit. (How did I ever choose the Mormon Church with their injunction against one of my favourite beverages?!)

Hope everybody's managing to stay cool. I can't tell you what I'm wearing right now (or not, as the case may be) but even so, it's still TOO HOT.

{{whine whine whine}}

PS: Oh. The frosty pint sounds like the best idea. There's a place down the road from my new house. I can walk there, which is a big treat for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2021 12:27PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 12:30PM

I will be lamenting the fact (and I use that word precisely) that we humans have finally doomed our planet to extinction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2021 12:30PM by slskipper.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 12:50PM

Sweating? :-\

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 01:11PM

Up with the birds, our Sunday miles are done.

Now it’s just drinking and Yankees at Fenway on the tube. There’ll be more than just a pint quaffed, certainly. All will be frosty.

(Take care, Ron. This next week looks to be even hotter.)

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 02:47PM

Cracking open a cold one later here in the Palouse. I won't be going to a bar as I'd have to deal with pro-pants folks giving me grief.

Date: June 28, 2021 12:58PM

what? no shorts allowed?

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: June 28, 2021 03:09PM

I was following the old summer custom of "drinking beer at home in (my) underwear." I'm classy like that.

Date: June 28, 2021 10:53PM

ahhhhh....I can identify with that!

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 03:35PM

Watching the Angels vs. Rays ballgame. Going to pick up my son soon for lunch (quesadillas) and do his laundry. Later I'll watch "90-Day Fiance" and pack for my trip to AZ (leaving tomorrow).

Looking forward to Wednesday where I have arranged for a private tour of Warren Ballpark, one of the oldest baseball stadiums still standing in the U.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Ballpark

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 05:08PM

Jaxson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Looking forward to Wednesday where I have arranged
> for a private tour of Warren Ballpark, one of the
> oldest baseball stadiums still standing in the
> U.S.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Ballpark

Very very cool. I had no idea. Thanks for posting that.

Looking forward to seeing Shohei pitch on Wednesday against the Yanks, (who fuckin’ suck, and I’m gettin’ sick of it. Sometimes I really really hate baseball.)

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 07:22PM

at church and after they got home. I can't start the mower myself (and forgot I could ask my son, the ex isn't home). I should have mowed the lawn. BUT I went with my boyfriend for a drive through Paradise, AVon, up over to Liberty by Huntsville, over Ogden pass and back to Hyrum, Utah, with our 3 dogs.

Now I'm just reading on line while I eat my dinner, then I'm going to bed. We are hot here, but not that much above normal for this time of year. But I HATE the heat and I don't do well in it.

Oh yes, there were a bunch of Weber fire vehicles that passed us on the dirt road from Liberty to Avon. I need to look it up to see what happened. My boyfriend said, "I've never had that happen before." When I said I hadn't either, he said, "Now you can cross it off your bucket list." Huh?

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 08:04PM

I'm running through my yard sprincalar in my bathing-suit. It amuses my neighbors.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 27, 2021 09:06PM

Spent the day beating up people in wheelchairs. Then came home to a rainstorm and the temperature was 58 degrees.

Date: June 27, 2021 09:20PM

The raspberry crop in the Fraser Valley is a likely casualty. Just when they were ready to harvest they're cooking on the vine. Not a pretty sight. The farmers will lose big time as will the temporary workers who now won't be needed.

Raspberries are my favourite fruit. Didn't ever expect this.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 28, 2021 09:46AM

Beating the heat!

Tried anyway...

It won!

(It was close)

TEMPorarily

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 28, 2021 10:09AM

I spent yesterday afternoon at the pool, and it felt great. I am very slowly building up my endurance for swimming laps. After, I rested in the shade and read a novel.

Date: June 28, 2021 11:50AM

summer Wrote:
> I spent yesterday afternoon at the pool, and it
> felt great.
===============================

Need to take lessons from you, ended up raking forests to prevent conflagration

Date: June 28, 2021 12:03PM

I get that. There was a small-ish fire in my back woods a couple of months ago, but thankfully the fire department got on top of it quickly. There is simply too much that is combustible in the woods.

I've had a difficult time learning to wind down. My teaching work often extends into the weekends, and when I'm in work mode, I forget how to relax. My new goal is to read more novels. The pool membership has been doing wonders for my mental health. I feel like I am having a real summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2021 12:05PM by summer.

Date: June 28, 2021 01:21PM

summer Wrote:
> There is
> simply too much that is combustible in the woods.
===============================
Eez to make beeg joke about raking stuff
-- from a time we were told Germans rake their forests and that's why they don't have fires

But still be ye a Lebenskünstler, which is a high accomplishment in life, in my book. Yer way Zen.
Too many scurry about our noses in phones tapping furiously, or rushing about Saturday to cram into the schedule cleaning church commodes again, busy busy busy busy, but faking mandatory happy, feeling guilty we're not busy enough

Heck, even Lao Tzu knew this 2500 years ago, writing in part:
He who stands on tiptoe is not steady.
He who strides cannot maintain the pace.
He who makes a show is not enlightened.
He who is self-righteous is not respected.
He who boasts achieves nothing.
He who brags will not endure.
According to followers of the Tao, "These are extra food and unnecessary luggage."
They do not bring happiness. (Gia-Fu Feng translation)

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: June 28, 2021 11:09AM

I made a chocolate ganache angel food cake with chocolate dipped strawberries on the side and a raspberry puree to go on top. Made one for us and one for my musical friends which I dropped of before it got too hot.

Then I filled our little pool and our 100 Gal. stock tank with cold water from the well and plunged in that when I got sweaty...kind of like a sauna.

Had many frosty adult beverages and a nice salad with chicken on top for dinner. Opened up the house and slept downstairs where it was much cooler.

One more day to go with high heat, and our portable AC unit arrives on Thursday....I think we'll need it this year!

Date: June 28, 2021 11:24AM

I've heard that those portable A/C units do a good job.

A lot of foods are just not appealing to me right now, but salads sound about right.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 28, 2021 10:50PM

Those portable A/C units are scams and do not work.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.