Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notachauvinist ( )
Date: July 04, 2021 03:19PM

"Tonight I am attending [priesthood session] with a son, sons-in-law, and grandsons. Where are their mothers? Gathered in the kitchen of our home! What are they doing? Making large batches of homemade doughnuts! And when we return home, we will feast on those doughnuts. While we enjoy them, these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently as each of us speaks of things he learned here tonight. It's a nice family tradition, symbolic of the fact that everything we learn and do as priesthood bearers should bless our families."

- Apostle Russell M. Nelson, ""Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women," Ensign, May 1999

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 04, 2021 04:09PM

How those poor women must secretly dread their menfolk coming back and droning on about the priesthood...

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: July 04, 2021 04:34PM

I imagine originally the tradition was without the donuts--just a bunch of insufferable blowhards pontificating on the higher truths found only in the Priesthood Session. Then the women thought, "How can we get these mansplainers to just s...t...f...u...? [Lightbulb] How about stuffing their pieholes with donuts!?!?!?" As you can see, their mitigation efforts met with only partial success, but from that point on they were able to shut down the semi-annual torture session at least a few minutes early and catch the wrap-up of "Fantasy Island."

Posted by: Keep on lurking ( )
Date: July 10, 2021 03:50PM

lurking in Wrote:
> "How can we get these mansplainers to just
> s...t...f...u...?

You win today's woke idiot award.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 09, 2021 02:47PM

exactly! all the information is supposedly for the benefit of Everyone, but must be filtered by the menfolk.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: July 04, 2021 04:47PM

One can only hope that those wimminfolk who were heavy with child didn't let that keep them from helping with the doughnuts.

Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: July 10, 2021 07:39PM

Shinehah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One can only hope that those wimminfolk who were
> heavy with child didn't let that keep them from
> helping with the doughnuts.

I'm sure that Wendy kept them all in line.

Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: July 04, 2021 07:39PM

"We honor women by having them cook while we sit on our a$$e$. We honor them even more by hogging all the food, getting fatter and more out of shape, and mansplaining church drivel that their pretty little heads could not possibly understand without our help."

(Women [pretending to listen intently]: "I hope we spiked the batter with enough Ex-Lax to keep them all busy and away from us tonight. God, these twits are oblivious and condescending.")

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 11:52AM

That is about as sickening as it gets.

As hilarious as what lurking in wrote is---too many of the women were thrilled to play a game of Misogyny when they should have been rolling their eyes at the very least instead of burying their resentment in the name of the Lord and getting ready to bear testimony to how wonderful it was to have "priesthood in the home" on F&T.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 02:20PM

Wait, donuts are considered a feast? That's kind of pathetic, on several levels.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 02:44PM

I know. It's only a feast if you also have 60 oz orange drinks from 7Eleven.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 05, 2021 02:22PM

I didn't know about this tradition in many homes until my roommate when I was about 23 came from a family where the women made donuts during priesthood meeting. I was always happy I had one less meeting to go to. I do remember my mother would make donuts sometimes, but not after priesthood session. I don't know that my dad or brothers went to that session EVER.

If we were going to have donuts, we women would have bought them and ate them, or at least taken one bite out of each one of them (tends to be a family joke).

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: July 07, 2021 10:20PM

I wonder how many time Wendy has made doughnuts for ol'Russ as she awaits his return post priesthood session of conference? My guess is she is in the control room directing the whole thing, and anxiously ready to get home to tell him how he could do better.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 09, 2021 02:19PM

not a... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Tonight I am pretending with a other dudes. Where are the ladies? Forced to gather in the kitchen of our home!, making doughnuts! And, when we return home, we will feast on that fat! While we enjoy them, these women will attempt to listen intently as each of us speaks of things he made up here tonight. It's a gross family tradition, symbolic of the fact that everything we learn and do as priesthood bearers is nonsense." - Apostate Russell M. Nelson, "Our Secret Duty to Have Women Honor Us", Ensign, May 1999.

In OTHER WORDS, the men DO NOTHING, while EXPECTING EVERYTHING.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2021 02:20PM by moremany.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: July 09, 2021 02:45PM

When it comes to church leadership I tend to think of holes rather than doughnuts.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: July 10, 2021 04:23PM

I doubt that prophetess Wendy and Sheri do donuts.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.