Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 11:05PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 11:07PM

Posted by: LowlyOne ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 11:43PM

Hardly. I felt like scum in the church because I wasn’t born and raised in it. However, I’m “chosen” in the sense that I realized the scam and left.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 11:50PM

That's what they taught me, and I figured they wouldn't teach such a laughable thing if it weren't true.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 16, 2021 11:51PM

Ah yes, the Big Lie. An old Orwellian technique.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 12:48AM

Don't make me go all godwin on you !

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 01:42AM

You rat!

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 12:24AM

As with so much else in Mormonism, I believed I was called to be one of the Last Days warriors but I felt like hell because I knew I wasn't worthy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2021 12:25AM by slskipper.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 12:56AM

Absolutely. "To be born British is to be a winner in the lottery of life." Oh wait. That's not what you meant? Lol.

Posted by: Stephen's ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 01:24AM

My great great grandfather was an early founder. One of the first in the valley.

I learned to ride my bike at a wonderful church parking lot. Steep. Big hill to coast down.

I never felt special. Never mentioned my lineage.

Ultimately, while riding my bike up and down Walker Lane, and around Cottonwood Mall, I realized the sanctimonious lizards judging us all were impotent.

I left in 1983.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 11:53AM

Actually I never gave it much thought.
I have always believed that when you were here you were here qne when you are gone you are gone

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 12:03PM

What ----- you saying I am not???

I was definitely one of the chosen few (based on World %) that got scammed by the Mormon church!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 02:21PM

Mormons are special. Short bus special.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 02:25PM

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 04:02PM

Back in the day, nobody born already tanned could ever feel special in the mormon church.

Anyone a little more 'modern' heard anything different on this issue?

Did calling a minority Apostle perk everyone of color up a bit?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 18, 2021 04:00AM

They are currently patting themselves on the back for so graciously offering blacks the priesthood in 1978, decades before BLM was even a thing.

As for the less white and delightsome, life in the CK is wonderful even for the landscapers.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 06:50PM

to this board. My dad wasn't very active and my mom was not very social. We weren't accepted well in the ward. I was going to save the family and be perfect. I had 3 of 6 siblings quit going in their teens. We were treated like second-class citizens.

I had a lot of issues also with the idea that mormons were better than others. I didn't know many nonmormons growing up, but I did have a lot of nonmormon friends later on when I started working where a lot of nonmormons worked. I didn't understand that idea of being better than.

So I come to this board and find out that my family is mormon royalty because of who my ancestors are. Someone posted my surname was a very well known mormon name in a thread right after I first started reading here. I was in shock.

There is a list of mormon royalty characteristics somewhere on this board. My older sister laughed and laughed when she read it. We fit into the lowest group.

I'm sure the ward we attended growing would find it very hard to believe that we were chosen.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 06:56PM

Not as it concerned anything Mormon.

Posted by: Afraid of the Boogie Brethren ( )
Date: July 17, 2021 10:28PM

Yes, but I wanted everyone to be one.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 18, 2021 07:04AM

I was chosen to hoist my 20-lb chihuahua up on the bed when he’d rather sleep on my bed than his. My patriarchal blessing said it’s ‘cause I was such a dog lover in the pre-existence.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: July 18, 2021 09:54AM

How could I not feel chosen?

1. Of all of Elohim’s worlds without number, I was born in the world where God’s only begotten son was born and did the atoning sacrifice.

2. I was born into an active LDS family.

3. I was born in the latter days to help prepare the world for Christ’s triumphant return.

4. I was born the proper race and gender to be a leader in the Lord’s kingdom on earth.

With all that going for me, if I ever fell away, it would certainly be outer darkness for me.

Posted by: Claire Ferguson Benson ( )
Date: July 18, 2021 04:55PM

I truly thought I was a Saturday's Warrior. I loved that play and music. I bought into it hook, line and sinker.

I was very put out when I realised that's what they were telling the next batch of mormon youth, I thought I was part of the chosen generation.

I continued to feel 'chosen' until I left the church and discovered it was simply cult indoctrination and cult thinking.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: July 18, 2021 08:49PM

I'll choose a few
Not sure about you

I never believed it

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.