Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: September 08, 2021 09:26PM

all of a sudden, this book is being talked about in my extended family. I certainly am not going to read it as I know it is full of fear mongering etc.

I wonder if the more hard core members are starting up with the end times predictions and using books like this to bolster their case.

Anyone know about this book or the author? I guess it was written in the 50's or 60's.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mordor, not logged in ( )
Date: September 08, 2021 09:57PM

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1393547

My late stepfather owned a copy. I read it years ago. It was published in 1962, around the time of the Cuban missile crisis. It could be subtitled "Orson Pratt Babbles On and Just Won't STFU."

https://old.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/lsaugu/i_was_sorting_through_my_books_and_found_this/

Apparently Duane is an arrogant tool, still buzzing around Utah, grifting the sheep and peddling his priestcraft:

https://old.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/pg4hbj/davis_school_district_utah_offers_bom_class_legal/

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 09, 2021 01:46AM

Ha! That chart makes no sense. How do you gather Israel when the missionaries have been called home and the Saints move to America? Everything will be in commotion but somehow the church gathers Israel while isolated in America. I guess you do it through social media. Ha! Ha!

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: September 09, 2021 10:21AM

Garbage like this feeds people's insecurities and oddly reassures them that the world is going to hell, because of forces beyond their control that they have no ability to fight. They get to believe that they some kind of magic road map so they're in the inner circle of those who know the arcana.

It's just another variant of the mind virus of religion.

Tyson

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 09, 2021 10:36AM

Tossing the saints a bone in their hour of need? They will hungrily devour it. Any port will do in a storm and any prophecy will do when none of the rest came true.

Crowther specializes in straws for sale. No need to grab quickly though. They are always there.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.