Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 11:57AM

So we've got this thread about him traveling in Europe:

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2395802,2395802

And this one in the Middle East:

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2400789,2400950

Any thoughts about Nelson deciding to skip the line of succession and just "receive revelation" that Bednar should succeed him?

Tyson

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 12:12PM

Or, "How to PISS OFF the hopefuls ahead of him"

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 12:24PM

Nelson cannot or would not do that. They way to do it was how Monson did it by calling a youngster to the Quorum of the 12. It is a slow coup that once begun he who started it will not see it come to fruition. For it to be accelerated, there would need to be a few plane crashes, swallowing of un-chewed brussell sprouts, broken hips, or other accelerated accidental happenings of the Lord or Satan depending on your perspective.

Haha...or trips to the streets of Jerusalem with your other apostle buddy and get caught in some cross fire.... hahahahahhahaha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2021 12:25PM by cheezus.

Posted by: Bednar the Prophet ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 12:33PM

Bednar just has to outlive...

Nelson (97)
Oaks (85)
Ballard (87)
Eyring (88)
Holland (82)
Uchtdorf (81)

Bednar is what about 70 now? Yes, I'd say he probably has a "fair" chance of being the Corporate Sole "if" he lives into his mid to late 80s. The reason why he is traveling around Europe and the Middle-East, is to implement a new program to teach Muslim refugees and also to establish "Service Missions" in some Muslim countries. The Brethren KNOW that white Europeans and white North American (and the Japanese and Koreans) are no longer "buying" the Angel with the gold plates thing. That leaves only Africans, very poor Latin Americans, and Muslims, as potential converts pools.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 12:54PM

Correction: the Latin Americans joining Mormonism tend to be lower middle to solid middle class. Mormonism demands too much in terms of time, money and education to be a good fit with the very poor. Or the very rich, for that matter.

As for thinking Muslims will be the next cash crop of Mormonism, I don’t think even Mormons are that delusional.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 04:18PM

It’s more about putting on a show for the members back in the states.

Posted by: Bednar the Prophet ( )
Date: October 27, 2021 06:06AM

Most Latin American baptisms are of the poor. However, these don't stay. In the past, these never showed up at Church until the day of baptism. But, you are correct, only the lower middle and middle class "stay" in Mormonism in Latin America. The poor can't give a Church 10% of their income every month, and still buy food too.

I don't think MOST of the High 15 are stupid enough to think they're gonna convert loads of Muslims. However, I think Ballard is that stupid. Ballard took a trip to Germany to meet Syrian refugees. I think he's stupid enough to think the Church can bring a lot of them in. The only time the Church "converted" a lot of Muslims was in the 1980s, when Iranian students were marrying American Mormon "Sweet Spirits" telling the women they'll raise their children in the Church. Of course, once things in Iran settled down, all of them (and I mean 100% of them) went from loving Mormon husbands to Tyrannical Muslim Overlords, most of whom returned to Iran, and the women divorced them and got into legal battles to try to keep the children in America. It was a mess. I don't think even "one" of those Iranian men (and there were THOUSANDS) ever remained in the Church. They married the "Sweet Spirits" out of fear of going back to Iran, and desperately wanting a "way" to stay in America. Once the fear or returning to Iran went away, they all dropped the FACADE of believing in Joseph Smith and Mormonism, and became "I'M YOUR LORD" Fundamentalist Muslims again. Yet another example of the Spirit of Discernment ALL Mormon women are blessed with, upon baptism at age 8.

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Correction: the Latin Americans joining Mormonism
> tend to be lower middle to solid middle class.
> Mormonism demands too much in terms of time, money
> and education to be a good fit with the very poor.
> Or the very rich, for that matter.
>
> As for thinking Muslims will be the next cash crop
> of Mormonism, I don’t think even Mormons are
> that delusional.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 29, 2021 06:20PM

Bednar the Prophet Wrote:
> Of
> course, once things in Iran settled down, all of
> them (and I mean 100% of them) went from loving
> Mormon husbands to Tyrannical Muslim Overlords,

`100% of them? how do you know that?

------------------
> most of whom returned to Iran, and the women
> divorced them and got into legal battles to try to
> keep the children in America.

Things in Iran never settled down and very few of the immigrants to the uS--generally wealthy and connected people, often with ties to the Shah's regime--ever went back. Maybe the ones who married Mormon women were a distinct group that violated the overall pattern, but I'd again like to see some evidence or reasoning to support that claim.

--------------------
> I
> don't think even "one" of those Iranian men (and
> there were THOUSANDS) ever remained in the Church.

How do you know how many such marriages occurred and how do you know how many Iranian spouses stayed in the church? Both of those assertions require insider knowledge and I doubt the church provides that. In fact, they may not even track those variables.

----------------
> They married the "Sweet Spirits" out of fear of
> going back to Iran, and desperately wanting a
> "way" to stay in America.

Green card spouses? Thousands of them married Mormon women? I'm not convinced. The Iranians who came to the US didn't just cross a border. They had visas and airplane tickets; almost all of them spoke fluent English and had ties to powerful Americans; and they generally had a lot of money. They didn't need to marry Americans to get on citizenship track.

You may have information unavailable to the rest of us. If you do, please provide it.

Date: October 26, 2021 04:22PM

I think Uchtdorf is in very good health. I think he still has a valid pilot’s license and flys small aircraft. It would be funny if he lived to be 110 because he’s the most liberal apostle out of them and he’s likable.

Posted by: Maca not logged in ( )
Date: October 27, 2021 06:38PM

He's the one who when confronted with breaking mormon law and giving to the demoncrats said, my wife did it and I don't know what's going on in my bank account, it would be something If he makes it!

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 08:58PM

Maybe the guys more senior to Bednar all got bad news at their annual physicals.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 29, 2021 05:42PM

Say Nelson live to be 100

Oaks (88)
Ballard (90)
Eyring (91)
Holland (85)
Uchtdorf (84)

Say Oaks lives to be 90

Ballard (92)
Eyring (93)
Holland (87)
Uchtdorf (86)

Say Ballard lives to be 95

Eyring (96)
Holland (90)
Uchtdorf (89)

Say Eyring lives to be 98

Holland (92)
Uchtdorf (91)

Bednar will be 80. He might not make it.

Date: October 26, 2021 12:45PM

I wonder if the top 15 joke about going to Jerusalem? And when any of the top 15 go to Jerusalem, I wonder if they are very careful to send just one so as to keep the members from going into anxious convulsions about this could be the beginning of Jesus' return. Or maybe they would want that. I wonder if before those trips they tell the departing apostle, "don't get shot."

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 01:15PM

Bednar is wooden and arrogant and is the perfect blend of Oaks, BKP, SWK and Miss Hannigan. Or would that be the perfect storm?

I had to laugh at the idea that he is meeting with government leaders. Haha. Would that be the county clerk? Animal Control?
Remember when the Mormon leaders went to see the Pope and stood in line for their 5% "meeting" along with everyone else?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 04:58PM

Done & Done Wrote:
> Bednar is wooden and arrogant and is the perfect
> blend of Oaks, BKP, SWK and Miss Hannigan. Or
> would that be the perfect storm?
>
> I had to laugh at the idea that he is meeting with
> government leaders. Haha. Would that be the
> county clerk? Animal Control?
> Remember when the Mormon leaders went to see the
> Pope and stood in line for their 5% "meeting"
> along with everyone else?

Love the Miss Hannigan reference.

Could you see the youth lining up to say "We love you President Bednar" ?

Date: October 26, 2021 05:36PM

That would be a funny visual. The drunk lady would be more loving and compassionate that the cold business dude.

For some reason, I thought of another funny visual with Brother Bednar. I was thinking of the Q&A sessions you can find online where he is answering missionaries' questions. The setting is obviously a stake center or other LDS familiar church setting. I would love to hear a basketball dribbled while such a meeting is going on and he is at the pulpit. I somehow think is head would explode, and it would be glorious....especially if someone would be sent out to quell the spirit destruction that would occur but then it comes back several minutes later when he would be in the middle of another question. I don't think he could handle that very well.

Date: October 26, 2021 06:46PM

cheezus Wrote:

> For some reason, I thought of another funny visual
> with Brother Bednar. I was thinking of the Q&A
> sessions you can find online where he is answering
> missionaries' questions. The setting is obviously
> a stake center or other LDS familiar church
> setting. I would love to hear a basketball
> dribbled while such a meeting is going on and he
> is at the pulpit.

That would have been me. I remember bringing a nerf football into the cultural hall during a stake priesthood meeting. The sheer noise from hard soled shoes sounded like a stampede as we were playing a hail mary pass game.

Yeah we got busted big time. It was a worn out football that I never got back.

Forgot to mention that some of us brats used to open the chapel door (when Sunday school or high priests were meeting there) and we would shout down the hallway, "Hey don't go in there. There's a meeting and we don't want to interrupt them!!!"

I could be a brat a times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2021 06:49PM by messygoop.

Date: October 26, 2021 10:00PM

That's great Or do that with Lord Business. Yell, Don't go in there... there's a special witness of the NAME of Jesus in there. And have another voice ask what does that even mean?

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 01:31PM

I can't stand Bednar. He's pretentious, arrogant, smarmy, and full of himself. There isn't a sliver of warmth in his weasel self.

And that's why I hope makes it to Profit status very soon.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 01:56PM

you're Spot On, left4good;

Bednar is the Poster Child for the uncaring, sanitary style that ChurchCo has morphed into these last ~ 30 yrs.

'Jesus Said LOVE EVERYONE, TREAT THEM KINDLY TOO, WHEN YOUR HEART IS FILLED WITH LOVE, OTHERS WILL LOVE YOU'

Date: October 26, 2021 04:14PM

It’s not so easy to change the existing system on who become president of the church because in the church’s corporate charter the most senior apostle becomes president.

Date: October 26, 2021 04:28PM

Maybe God could suddenly change his mind like in 1978?

Date: October 26, 2021 04:54PM

The apostholes would probably not bow their heads and say yes so easily under current religious market conditions if such a revelation was proposed. The church would need to be in a state where the prophet job is a hot potato that none of the other more senior nutjobs want it. I cannot think of what those would be... scandal maybe? Then there are top tier members that have vested interests in their next historical guy getting the jobs. More like next in line apostholes, 70's on down the line. The next prophet picks who will fill the red seats which will have some kinds of impact 'spiritual', FINANCIAL, or other-wise. Not that janitor level members have too much say in the matter, but enough rocking the boat might wake some up rather that put them in a deeper sleep.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 05:23PM

Wouldn't it be delicious to be able the stand in front of Bedknob and tell him to his face what a lying, bullying, fraudulent, hate mongering POS he is!

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 09:47PM

Narcissists love knowing they have gotten under your skin. The more people slam or confront him the more he can cry that he is rankling Satan.

The only thing that would truly bother Bednar is if people started completely ignoring him and if his financial perks started to dry up. He'd also be pretty humiliated if his wife and sons disowned him.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 27, 2021 06:25PM

On second thought I'd put Holland next to Bedknob and get a 2'fer.

Posted by: __ ( )
Date: October 27, 2021 11:51PM

OMG, Oaks!

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: October 26, 2021 05:29PM

Almost certainly not. I think they'd have to change the corp's bylaws to do that. That may be the one thing that could cause open revolt in the Q12 – to have the rules suddenly changed to their detriment after decades of undignified genuflection.

Much more likely that Oaks will name Bednar to the FP, where he will stay until he's crowned. As part of the FP, Bednar would be in a position to play puppetmaster for years, as Hinckley did before he became High Geezer.

Date: October 26, 2021 06:01PM

Bednar is priming Bednar to be prophet.

How it goes down:

"My dear Brethren. It is with great humility that I bring an important message from our Lord. Last night Jesus appeared to me in the Holy of Holies and laid his hands on my head, saying, 'Elder Bednar I anoint you prophet of the church that bears my name. Well done my good and faithful servant.'"

Oaks eyes pop open and starts to laugh, "Right! Like Jesus is real! Nice try, but, you aren't jumping the queue buddy. Any more non-sense and I'm getting the electro-shock machine out again. I'll wipe that . . . what is on your face, anyway? "

Date: October 26, 2021 07:06PM

Maybe Bednar is arranging for one of those urgent road trips to a small Idaho branch which needs a super meeting with Nelson, Oaks, Eyring, Ballard, and Uchtdorf. If he can't get them on a worn out charter bus with bad brakes in a blizzard, then maybe he get Uchtdorf to show off his pilot skills by flying blindfolded. Nothing greater than flying by the power of the holy ghost.

Posted by: Nuggett ( )
Date: October 27, 2021 01:48AM

Can't wait for Bednar to be CEO, then this video will start making the rounds again...

https://youtu.be/ftp4-kT9VSg?t=203

Good god what a creep.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 29, 2021 02:03PM

As I understand it according to the articles of incorporation of COJCOLDS UPON THE DEATH OF THE PRESIDENT/PROPHET the senior member of the quorum of the twelve automatically becomes president. I don't think that RMN can change the articles of incorporation

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.