Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Bednar the Prophet ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 02:46AM

Bednar and the boy was just bazaar, beyond bazaar. I also read how Bednar was seen inside the COB (Church Office Building) screaming at his little wife like a mad-man. I've heard other things. There was an Apostle who died about 10 years ago, forgot his name, but I watched him at a BYU Devotional, in the Wilkerson Center, and it was CLEAR that he was out of his mind. Not joking just out of his mind. After that, he went on a long "vacation" and came back acting normally again. Mental Illness can often be hidden until old age, but then the condition becomes worse and harder to hide. Bednar was a show-in for the Corporate Sole job, just because he was appointed at a relatively young age (60 I think) to the Twelve. However, I don't think he's gonna make it. I think he's losing it. I really do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 03:24AM

Bednar’s wife doesn’t seem happy. I wonder if she’s in an abusive relationship? There’s that kind of vibe to her.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 05:39AM

I'm a nevermo and, to my eyes, Bednar has seemed mentally ill every time I've seen footage of him. He gives off a vibe of dangerous fanaticism driven by narcissism. I agree, his wife just looks sad.

Posted by: Josephs Myth ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 05:43AM

A happy little LDS wifey in Happy Valley, she found out about Spooky Mormon Hell!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 10:04AM

Well dang. How would you feel if you knew you were the smartest and most righteous person in the room but had to wait for a bunch of old fellows to die before you could sit in the big chair?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 11:51AM

That Bednar's wife is emotionally and psychologically bullied by him is clear to me. He is a sick man who sees her as his subject and thinks he could have done better. It's written all over him.

I never thought I would see the day when someone would exude more arrogance than Oaks but the student has surpassed the master.

Bednar makes my skin crawl.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 05:39PM

She will be a very happy widow one day.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 01, 2021 10:11AM

Haha. You are ever the optimist, summer.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 10:54AM

My cousin lives in their neighborhood in NSL, as of a couple of years ago she said she believed his wife spends almost all of her time visiting her children or at another location IIRC a second home in Idaho (?) I don't remember. This was in regards to some snarky rumors she had heard about the GAs being secretly involved in polygamy again.

Date: November 01, 2021 05:00PM

Maybe the old dudes ahead of Bednar better have food tasters to make sure their lunch hasn't been poisoned.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 03:06PM

I can easily imagine Bedknob getting angry with ghawd should ghawd take too long to call home those ahead of Bedknob's ascension to the throne.

I hope the two can remain civil in their relationship!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 12:20PM

You would think with all of their money, the church could put all of the apostles in therapy.

Date: November 01, 2021 05:03PM

Well there's LDS Social Services but good luck getting any of them to go to counceling.

Posted by: Villager ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 12:47PM

The wife looks like she walks on egg-shells everyday. The way he spoons that young man is pretty odd

Date: November 01, 2021 05:04PM

Exactly. She looks like she walks in a minefield everyday.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 12:56PM

I've always thought he had cold, dead eyes: the kind of guy in a war movie that looks at the cowering villagers and says "Kill them all."

Too harsh?

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: November 01, 2021 10:06AM

Nope. I think the same thing. In fact all the Q15 have dead black eyes. Its creepy.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: November 01, 2021 05:34PM

Bamboozled Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> all the Q15
> have dead black eyes. Its creepy.

Maybe it's a side effect of weird temple stuff and decades of meaningless meetings so stultifying they would stun stampeding elephants to a standstill.

And no Jesus in the celestial room.

Unless he *is* there and it's just too sacred for them to reveal. Only the dead black eyes can see him.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 12:57PM

Bednar makes my skin crawl too, but I don’t know that it rises to level of clinical mental illness. But creepiness? You betcha.

Now Holland may well be clinically depressed. I would consider it “situational depression.” If you are in charge of the Titanic, and it is clearly in trouble, and you are smart enough to realize that, depression is the appropriate response for that situation.

Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 03:50PM

Holland delivered a GC address back in 2013 about depression and admitted to having it. It was one of the better sermons by GC standards. I suppose this was before he broke bad.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2013/10/like-a-broken-vessel?lang=eng

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 11:37PM

.....but it has to be admitted that Holland is one holey MORmON ASSpostHOLE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CiyrZd-kB0

Date: November 01, 2021 05:08PM

Holland looks miserable as well. I worked in the Administration Building when he was president of BYU. He was a different person back then. He was a happy guy. He was nice to be around. He loved his job and it showed.

As an apostle Jeff is miserable and can't hide it.

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 06:30PM

"Bednar and the boy was just bazaar, beyond bazaar."

WAY beyond bazaar--a veritable MegaMall of psycho-spiritual abuse, I say!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: October 30, 2021 11:32PM

detachment from reality is a form of mental illness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1uIgbI2QY

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 01, 2021 10:21AM

There's a lot of perks of being an apostle wife (even though he's a major asshole in how he treats her and other in subordinates). She will lose her pedestal and adoration if he should pass on before her.

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: November 01, 2021 11:07AM

Bednar is a prophet
he has a pickle thing
makes the young boys cry
while in the center ring

follow the prophet (repeated three times)

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 01, 2021 01:31PM

Mental disorders are not the same thing as personality disorders. Bednar could be perfectly sane but extremely manipulative and egocentric, lacking in empathy.

This coincides with what I just suggested in the Pious Fraud thread. Truly evil people often embody normal sanity, even a superior logic and calculating rationality, in the service of an extremely egocentric value system.

Bednar is not crazy: he is a sociopath.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 01, 2021 01:43PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> Bednar is not crazy: he is a sociopath.

I think this is probably right on the money. The problem is his wife. She screams not wind beneath his wings but willing victim. She might be doing this for the pity more than anything. She might be uncomfortable with the lime light. No one here knows.

Date: November 01, 2021 01:49PM

Elder Berry Wrote:
> The
> problem is his wife. She screams not wind beneath
> his wings but willing victim.

There are so very many women like this in the world, particularly women of her generation. In the 1950s and 1960s divorce and independence weren't as possible for women in conservative communities, so they stayed--and stay--in abusive relationships.

------------------------
> She might be doing
> this for the pity more than anything. She might be
> uncomfortable with the lime light.

Or she may believe, like many of her generation, that she has a moral obligation to remain in her eternal marriage.

Of course the options are not mutually exclusive.

------------------------
> No one here knows.

Yep.

Date: November 01, 2021 01:59PM

"Or she may believe, like many of her generation, that she has a moral obligation to remain in her eternal marriage."

I've seen it in younger generations. My own marriage might (probably) be affected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2021 01:59PM by Elder Berry.

Date: November 01, 2021 02:05PM

That's sad. I have always imagined, and continue to imagine, that your wife is a fine person and your marriage is a good one. But that doesn't change the fact that she may have Mormon-induced regrets that make things less satisfactory than they could be without the illusions.

The curse of Mormonism manifests in many different ways.

Date: November 01, 2021 02:15PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> The curse of Mormonism manifests in many different
> ways.

And the people. It is always about the people. Sometimes I feel bad for what I've done to affect her. I often blame myself for things like just yesterday. We went shopping. I sold her the "ox in the mire" justification on it but it was so weak that it was laughable. Is soda pop a necessity?

Date: November 01, 2021 03:23PM

Around my house, I'm the self proclaimed, and self-nominated, and self-designated Sabbath breaker.

It is funny that sometimes it is convenient to her and sometimes a point of contention. She can find the mire in the ox scenarios when it suites her purposes.

Regarding Susan, I have felt really sorry for her since watching the video where she almost stood before old Dave. I think I saw a bit of terror on her face as she realized what she almost did. I hope she out lives Dave. That would serve him right. I would not bet against a newer model prophet virginal wife out there that he is hoping can be ready when he assumes the throne.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2021 03:28PM by cheezus.

Date: November 01, 2021 04:32PM

A fellow traveler through the midst of blue law darkness.

Date: November 01, 2021 05:12PM

I agree. I had a mission companion who was a sociopath. He was extremely good at manipulating people and then behind their back laugh at what weak fools they were and brag how great he was.

Posted by: former Priest ( )
Date: November 03, 2021 04:38AM

Curiosity is killing this cat and I'll have just 8 lives left. Anyone got some video footage of Bednar's wife to demonstrate what's been said here by a few people.

Personally I couldn't imagine a worse hell in this life than to be a FP/Q12 member. It would be so depressing waking up every morning knowing that I need to lie to my wife, children, extended family, coworkers, and spend so much effort/focus on getting others like my grandkids, people at firesides & other speeches, and in all settings sucked into my own misery.

I'm not saying that any of the FP/12 know its BS. I'm just saying that if I had ended up in that group that I would've figured it out and then my life would have been hell.

Date: November 03, 2021 10:19AM

Date: November 03, 2021 09:21AM

There was one video that shows Sister Bednar attempting to stand up before the royal pickle. And he physically elbows her to put her in her place. Er, only he stands up before she is permitted.

I think they were being introduced at a fireside or some kind of youth telecast.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 03, 2021 09:17PM

Bazaar is a marketplace. Sorry. You might mean "bizarre."

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: November 03, 2021 09:19PM

Bednar once shushed his wife when she wanted to participate in his conversation. You can see this on one of the YouTube videos featuring the madman. It was exceedingly rude and disrespectful. I feel really badly for her.

Date: November 04, 2021 09:54AM

David once publicly stated that his wife Susan was once attractive when she was younger. It implied that she is now hideous or repulsive.

I don't know why he would humiliate her in that way.

He's just a sleazebag.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2021 09:54AM by messygoop.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 04, 2021 10:02AM

Sad, because she looks like a very sweet woman.

Date: November 04, 2021 10:49AM

If you read the LDS Living article I posted above she sounds like she is.

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2401470,2401988#msg-2401988

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2021 10:50AM by Elder Berry.

Date: November 04, 2021 10:11AM

A couple years ago an article featured candid photos of various GAs. It was part of a feature to emphasize that they are Mormons just like you. Ha ha!

One looked to be a family vacation with a group photo with a very scenic background. Everyone (his sons and wife) is smiling save for Elder Bednar. He has a scowl and truly wrecked the photo.

We can only speculate why he frowned for the picture.

Date: November 04, 2021 10:48AM

Date: November 04, 2021 01:34PM

That picture of Uchdorf grasping Bednard's hand...looks like George McFly/Crispin Glover.... Bednard probably thinks of himself as Mr. World also played by Crispin Glover. WOuld make a good how Bednard sees himself and how everybody else sees Bednard. And I know I'm getting it wrong saying Bednard... It just fits him.

Date: November 04, 2021 02:57PM

Ha! How could such a sourpuss spill from Bill Murray’s loins?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 11:43AM

'LDS Living': the 'Tiger Beat' of mormonism.

Date: November 08, 2021 01:17PM

Love it.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: November 08, 2021 11:27AM

She's a beautiful young woman. She looks softly into the camera lens and her eyes display serenity and grace. Her smile is warm and genuine.

But as time goes on it becomes harder and harder for her smile to reach her eyes and a lift begins to appear between her eyes that gives her a pleading look - like "Someone please help me!"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.