Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 02:09PM

I don't think so. I would also really like to see their data recovery plan. And whether they had to get a permit to do this. If so I'll bet that permit application is hysterical.

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2021/12/09/latest-mormon-land-iowa/?fbclid=IwAR35pb5PB3Io9J5XGXYUjLo-221_fGbab_dcp9HrGycTbVULAk-PqmJdvVA

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ~ufotofu~ ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 02:53PM

Just like all the rest of Mormonism.

They'll be hunting until the cows come home...

And, they ain't coming home!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 03:00PM

Coming up next: Searching the North Pole for Santa's workshop.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 03:04PM

There used to be a poster with the moniker, "Zarahemla Town Drunk," which I think is one of the best ones ever.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 04:33PM

How about Wasatch Korihoridor?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 07:11PM

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 03:16PM

Ah. He's a Heartlander, one of Rod Meldrum's acolytes.

Wonder how FAIR will react to this. FAIR is firmly in the LGT* (Mesoamerican) camp.

It's amusing to watch two conflicting delusional groups fight over which delusion is true.

Poor Joseph Fielding Smith**. It seems his hemispherical belief is falling further out of favor.

*Limited Geography Theory

**and pretty much every other church authority before 1980. I just like to rip on Fielding.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 03:59PM

A non-mormon perspective: https://iowastartingline.com/2021/12/06/archeological-search-underway-in-se-iowa-for-ancient-morman-city/

I learned something new...  In 1839 Joju founded a city in Iowa named Zarahemla. Here are the highlights:

"Summary:
Located about one mile west of Mississippi River; area settled, by May 1839.  Site for town selected by JS, 2 July 1839, and later confirmed by revelation, Mar. 1841.  Iowa stake of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints organized by JS, by Oct. 1839.  Stake name changed to Zarahemla, by Aug. 1841.  Stake had 750 members in nine branches, Aug. 1841.  Stake discontinued, Jan. 1842, and replaced by branch.  While avoiding arrest in Missouri extradition attempt, JS hid in town at home of his uncle, John Smith, 11 Aug. 1842.  Town site absorbed by Montrose, after 1846"
https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/place/zarahemla-iowa-territory

So I think it's fairly obvious that

Real scientists express a belief (based on available data) that the largest North American Pre-Columbus city was Cahokia, in Illinois, with a population of 20,000.  Read the Wikipedia article, and look at the photos and ruminate on the issue as to why these wacky Zarahemla people aren't searching at this location:  "...the Cahokia Mounds are considered to be the largest and most complex archaeological site north of the great pre-Columbian cities in Mexico." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cahokia

Seriously, look at the Wikipedia article and try to figure out why the Zarahemla bozos are looking where they are.  It's probably because they want to suppose that JoJu named the city he founded Zarahemla because he was told this is where the original was located. There is nothing in the paperwork (https://www.josephsmithpapers.org/paper-summary/history-draft-6-august-1838-30-december-1839/63) that really provides any basis for such a supposition.  But you know mormons!  If you start whispering "Joseph Smith, the prophet..." in their ears, they'll follow you anywhere.

As long as someone will continue to finance these religious looney-tunes, they'll continue their cartoonish exploitations, extracting easy money for good times.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 04:16PM

“We’ve gone down into the ground with core sampling to get charcoal/carbon from fires that are 1,700 years old,”

Messy adds: Why don't they use their well honed patriarchal blessings?

Or use the power of the priesthood? Use their faith to move mountains.

Or ask the church to borrow its seer stone and a hat or Rusty's night pen with a map.

I'm just curious as to why they cling to semi science - core sampling, when it largely proves the BoM is the greatest fraud perpetuated by the church.

Many of us served a mission 30-35 years ago with the premise of proving the BoM through archeology and artifacts and nothing! Yet, research and technology continues to improve and the BoM continues to look dumb and dumber.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2021 04:17PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 09, 2021 04:35PM

messygoop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many of us served a mission 30-35 years ago with
> the premise of proving the BoM through archeology
> and artifacts and nothing! Yet, research and
> technology continues to improve and the BoM
> continues to look dumb and dumber.

I found the best evidence for the BoM being a fraud in the Harold B. Lee Library and yet I still went out thinking it was the most correct book.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.