Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 15, 2022 09:24PM

"A Cottonwood Arizona man who took part in the Jan. 6 raid on the U.S. Capitol dressed in a gladiator costume meant to evoke Captain Moroni, a figure from the Book of Mormon, pleaded guilty Friday to a federal misdemeanor charge.

Nathan Wayne Entrekin admitted to parading, demonstrating or picketing in the Capitol. He could face, under the plea agreement, a maximum sentence of six months in prison. Sentencing was scheduled for April."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2022/01/14/raided-capitol-gladiator-costume-captain-moroni-pleads-guilty/6532968001/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 16, 2022 12:29AM

At least he wore his garments under his gladiator skirt. Sounds like a real class act.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 16, 2022 01:02PM

Prison is a perfect place to bulk up to better fill out his costume.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 16, 2022 04:20PM

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 16, 2022 08:32PM

He could have melted down his kettle bells.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 17, 2022 01:48AM

This is the saddest damn thing I've ever seen. Nathan Wayne Entrekin's crimes notwithstanding, what a tragic case for this man. His pictures are sad, in-his-40s-living-with-his-mother is sad, his conversation with his "Mom-I'm-here" is sad. His Moroni fixation and Mormon road-show Moroni regalia are sorrowful. His fixation on Donald Trump, whether you like Trump or not, has put him in this fix.

I read somewhere that his mother committed suicide when he was young. I've looked and I can't find that comment again. If so, who is "Mom"?

Maybe incarceration will get him into the mental-health services he needs.

What a sad outcome for this man. His primary teacher must be proud.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 17, 2022 04:17AM

+1.

It is indeed tragic. What a life that man must have led. . .

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: January 17, 2022 02:02PM

Indeed. He’s pathetic.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 17, 2022 04:28AM

So a shaman showed up. Captain Moroni showed up. I’m surprised Jesus and Buddha didn’t show up.

Posted by: Anonymous Muser ( )
Date: January 17, 2022 04:44AM

He pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor.

"Judges have tended to be far more lenient on Capitol rioters who pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges than those accused of more serious crimes. Of the 63 Capitol rioters sentenced on misdemeanor charges, only 23 received jail time. Their jail sentences ranged from 14 days to six months with rioters receiving an average of 51 days, according to Department of Justice data reviewed by Newsweek."

"Most misdemeanor defendants received probation and four sentences were a year or less. Two defendants were sentenced to 18 months of probation and 32 received either two or three years."

https://www.newsweek.com/most-capitol-rioters-dodged-jail-2021-offenders-facing-20-years-got-less-6-1663675

----

"Of the dozens of people who have been sentenced, fewer than half have received prison time for their actions in the days surrounding the riot."

"That’s in part because many of those sentenced so far were only convicted of illegally entering the Capitol building, and were not involved in the more violent and destructive aspects related to storming the building."

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/04/jan-6-insurrection-sentencing-tracker-526091

----

But will he receive any kind of ecclesiastical spanking? He was so over the top mormon that he blemished the so-called "good name of the church" and is now a huge zit on the church's face. That kind of bad PR is what SLC HQ hates the most and represents the most grievous sin (except dipping into the church till).

Date: January 17, 2022 02:04PM

Yeah, his interviews from the 6th — not his “hi mom” narration but the actual on-the-spot interviews — were laced with all sorts of mormonism’s wackiest stuff.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 17, 2022 04:16PM

Anonymous Muser Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But will he receive any kind of ecclesiastical
> spanking?

Absolutely. He's second in line for church punishment right behind Ammon Bundy.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: January 17, 2022 11:58AM

I was going to crash the Capital dressed as the Archbishop of Canterbury, but I kept tripping over the robes.

Date: January 17, 2022 02:04PM

Hehehe

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.