Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 12, 2022 06:12PM

My daughter in law has decided to get rid of all her "old" cloths, and offered them to me.

'Aint that a shame?

All who agree with me, say "yes".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 12, 2022 07:56PM

(Nudist POV) and ?

I guess it's a 'good thing' they fit you, but U can still choose nude once in a while, check out aanr.com

Best Always, ~ me

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: March 12, 2022 08:08PM

I guess it's rather nice, if you and she can wear the same size and her old clothes are in good condition - and of course if you both need and want her clothes.

I have never gotten much in the way of hand-me-downs. and I don't spend much on clothing anyway. I'm not a clotheshorse: I wear most of my clothing until it's no longer presentable.

I have given some of my own clothing to charity, and we've given nicer articles of our parents' clothing to charity or consigned it, after they died.

So while I don't understand your reaction, I guess if you wanted them, it's good.

Tyson

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: March 12, 2022 09:37PM

As Tyson said, if you and she wear the same size and her old clothes are in good condition, then yes, it's nice. I noticed, first and foremost, your spelling of clothes as cloths and immediately thought of cloths as in washcloths. Sorry, but it just jumped out at me. So yes, I believe anyone, myself included, would be pleased to have a closet's worth of new clothes :)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 12, 2022 09:46PM

Nude 'fashions' don't change with the calendar...

just sayin'

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 12, 2022 10:08PM

Sharing clothes is a long time family tradition here.

With 6 granddaughters there is lots of sharing, particularly anong the oldest and their mothers.

Sad part is the kids are dine having kids and hopefully the granddaughters won't start for another 10 years.

In the meantime I have 40 bins and counting of clothes from newborn to size 7 stacking up in the basement.

I asked if I could sell or donate and they all said no. It's tradition to hand these down.

I should charge a storage fee.

Posted by: Tyson Dunn (not logged in) ( )
Date: March 13, 2022 12:24AM

My parents kept oogobs of our childhood clothing boxed away in the concrete-floored, raised crawl space in the basement. It might have been a good idea…

..,if more than one of us had had a child,
and if that one had had a boy not a girl,
and if so many of the clothes hadn’t dry-rotted,
and if mice hadn’t gotten to many of the others.

When my brothers and I cleaned the crawl space, we wound up tossing essentially everything.

Tyson

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 13, 2022 02:15PM

I am little by little consigning clothes and then donating what doesn't sell.

I hope this summer to do a major yard sale or three and raise cash for some needed house repairs.

It might upset the kids but the grandkids will get over it in a heartbeat.

So far no dry rot or critters.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 13, 2022 06:38PM

Sorry for the previous mistaken spelling.

I haven't worn a dress since I can't remember how long.

Last time I went to church was to hear my granddaughter's talk regarding her upcoming mission. (I wore my best slacks and one of my best blouses.)

Old friends were very friendly, and made a point to say hello and shake my hand. :-)

PS: I ain't seen any clothes yet.

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: March 14, 2022 10:42AM

I have learned from long experience that people can have good intentions, but their own lives get in the way of completing the good deeds they intend to do.

I'd say give her some time. Just telling you that she's cleaning out her closet doesn't mean that she's finished yet. And in any case, this is a windfall for you - why be impatient? Are you in desperate need of new clothes? If so, you might consider other routes, like purchasing or charities depending on your means and your level of need.

Tyson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2022 10:43AM by Tyson Dunn.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.