Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 29, 2022 11:46PM

Donny was on The Adam Corolla show and after Adam used the word Mormon, Donny corrected him saying "the full and correct name is TCOJCOLDS"....twice. and then Donny said the word Mormon made it sound like a cult. Wow...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 29, 2022 11:53PM

Walter: "STFU, Donny."

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: April 30, 2022 02:01AM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Donny was on The Adam Corolla show and after Adam
> used the word Mormon, Donny corrected him saying
> "the full and correct name is TCOJCOLDS"....twice.
> and then Donny said the word Mormon made it sound
> like a cult. Wow...

No, Donny, regurgitating the dozen syllables of mumbo jumbo, not once, but twice, makes it sound like a cult.

At least Donny was smart enough not to claim it hurts Jesus’ feelings.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 30, 2022 02:24AM

And here I’d thought the world had forgotten about Donny What’s His Name .. Sigh…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2022 02:26AM by GNPE.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 30, 2022 03:52AM

You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube. It’s the Mormon church as far as the rest of the world is concerned. Mormon is more easy to say and write than the big long corporate name. This is a fad. Russ will pass away and this will be forgotten. Mormon is here to stay.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 30, 2022 08:53AM

I agree. Donny is trying to be a good soldier, but it just won't work.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 30, 2022 10:09AM

Mormons! Mormons love to feel persecuted and Mormons love to feel offended. So when Russ told Mormons that to be called Mormons was bad, Mormons found an easy reason for Mormons to feel persecuted and offended by bing called Mormons. Mormons!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: April 30, 2022 10:37AM

I imagine that poor old Mormon is very offended being referred to as a winner for Satan, and what about Moroni?

His dad is being called names,and to add insult to injury, his statue on top of the Syracuse temple is facing west, instead of east.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 01, 2022 09:51AM

Perhaps while all the other temple Moronis are waiting to toot the alarm when Jesus comes from the East, Syracuse Moroni is watching the West in case Jesus surprises everyone and slips in from that direction.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 01, 2022 10:11AM

It's a sign that Moroni is gay.

Posted by: lapsed2 ( )
Date: May 01, 2022 03:24PM

A reporter for The New York Times (or the like) called J. Golden Kimball, to ask about the church’s beliefs. The last question he asked was “is it true that you believe that when Jesus comes back, that Moroni on top of your temple will blow the horn he’s holding?” Kimball responded, “No, no you got that wrong. If he were to blow that horn the Hotel Utah would be covered in pigeon shit”…and Kimball hung up on him.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 30, 2022 11:22AM

The worst rebranding ever. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

The Mormons should have taken a cue from some of the other more successful recent re-brandings, like, Divorce Lawyers are now Couples Recyclers, and, Global Warming is now Endless Summer.

Date: April 30, 2022 01:38PM

He didn't seem to mind Barbara Walters referring to the "Mormon religion" in this old interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuSde2jGhm8

(in which he explained that he didn't know why Blacks couldn't hold the priesthood, but that "that's the way the lord wants it").

Posted by: Dennis Moore nli ( )
Date: May 01, 2022 09:16AM

Oh geez. I'm going to have to watch that! What ever happened to Mormon=more good?

-Flabbergasted Dennis

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: May 01, 2022 10:45AM

Let's not forget dear sweet Marie. She towed the Mormon line until one of her daughters came out as gay.

Posted by: Arkay ( )
Date: May 01, 2022 12:07PM

One of the funniest radio interviews I ever heard was poor little Donny being interviewed by Howard Stern in the late 90s. I had to pull off the road because I was laughing too hard to drive safely. Howard asked him things like if he had ever seen a naked woman until he was married or even a picture of one, Donny insisted that he hadn't.

Donny always made me want to vomit, when I was a teenager if someone had tried to recruit me into the Mormon Church and used Donny as an example I would have just laughed and walked away.

Date: May 01, 2022 09:02PM

Arkay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of the funniest radio interviews I ever heard
> was poor little Donny being interviewed by Howard
> Stern in the late 90s. I had to pull off the road
> because I was laughing too hard to drive safely.
> Howard asked him things like if he had ever seen a
> naked woman until he was married or even a picture
> of one, Donny insisted that he hadn't.

The earnestness of these sorts of claims is what makes them all the more pathetic (IMO). That if they remain steadfast in the claims that others will be swayed by their wisdom. And all the while, everyone else is just laughing at them.

For example, I remember seeing some kid (missionary?) in the Meet the Mormons movie that came out a few years ago. He was matter-of-factly explaining that his marriage and/or sex life would be better because he was saving himself for marriage. But the thing is, he can't possible know that. He's never had sex. He's never been married. Before or after. He has no frame of reference to make such an assertion. it's just "book learning" from seminary. He's obediently regurgitating what he's been told to obediently regurgitate.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.