Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: June 10, 2022 01:15PM

https://kutv.com/news/local/lehi-chocolate-shop-apologizes-for-racist-and-offensive-names-of-specialty-twinkies

“Now, if you're not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints or haven't been keeping notes on Hulu's "Under the Banner of Heaven," then the naming of the sweets may seem confusing to you.

That's because the terms Nephite and Lamanite refer to tribes of people described as having settled in the ancient Americas according to the Book of Mormon, a sacred text of the Church.

In the Book of Mormon’s narrative, the Lamanites began as wicked rivals to the more righteous Nephites. Lamanites are described as having received a skin of blackness to distinguish them from the Nephites.

The Hill Cumorah is where it's believed that church founder Joseph Smith received golden plates from which he translated the Book of Mormon.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vzgardner ( )
Date: June 10, 2022 07:18PM

Having fun, good; poking fun, bad. That's how Mormon racists rationalize their racism.

Date: June 10, 2022 07:30PM

vzgardner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Having fun, good; poking fun, bad. That's how
> Mormon racists rationalize their racism.

And if You engage in loud laughter and lightmindedness Mormons will have to slit your throat and spill your blood on the earth

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: June 11, 2022 02:03AM

Oh man, the confections they could make with some cherry filling.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: June 10, 2022 07:47PM

Tame remnants of Grandma's favorite N****** Babies, a black liquorice bear and of course N**** Toes AKA Brazil Nuts.

Date: June 10, 2022 09:02PM

There are still restaurants on the Oregon Coast named ‘Sambos’ that feature a little brown guy in a diaper. We had one next to my school growing up. My Sister was a waitress there.
We never really thought of it as racist growing up. It was just a familiar character in a children's story, but it was also a racial slur.
I was kind of surprised to still see them in Oregon, which is about As woke as they come.

Posted by: Joseph's m¥th ( )
Date: June 10, 2022 09:19PM

schrodingerscat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are still restaurants on the Oregon Coast
> named ‘Sambos’ that feature a little brown guy
> in a diaper. We had one next to my school growing
> up. My Sister was a waitress there.
> We never really thought of it as racist growing
> up. It was just a familiar character in a
> children's story, but it was also a racial slur.
> I was kind of surprised to still see them in
> Oregon, which is about As woke as they come.

wokeiswokeiswokeiswell, woke.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 11, 2022 05:27AM

A "Zambo" was a Spanish colonial term for a mixed race African and Indigenous American "wild" person. I once saw a seventeenth century illustration at an art museum that depicted all the "categories" of mixed races in the colonial slang terms of that era:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambo%27s#:~:text=A%20petition%20drive%20asked%20the,officially%20renamed%20to%20%22Chad's%22.

Sambo's was an American restaurant chain, started in 1957 by Sam Battistone Sr. and Newell Bohnett in Santa Barbara, California.[1] Though the name was taken from portions of the names of its founders, the chain soon found itself associated with The Story of Little Black Sambo. Battistone and Bohnett capitalized on this connection by decorating the walls of the restaurants with scenes from the book, including a dark-skinned boy, tigers, and a pale, magical unicycle-riding man called "The Treefriend". By the early 1960s, the illustrations depicted a light-skinned boy wearing a jeweled Indian-style turban with the tigers. A kids club, Sambo's Tiger Tamers (later called the Tiger Club), promoted the chain's family image. The chain filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in November 1981.[2] All locations except for the first in Santa Barbara either closed outright, or were renamed after being purchased, effectively ending the chain's existence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zambo

Zambo (Spanish: [ˈθambo] or [ˈsambo]) is a racial term historically used in the Spanish to refer to people of mixed Indigenous and African ancestry. Occasionally in the 21st century, the term is used in the Americas to refer to persons who are of mixed African and Indigenous American ancestry. Historically, the racial cross between enslaved Africans and Amerindians was referred to as a zambayga, then zambo, then sambo.

The equivalent term in Brazil is cafuzo (Portuguese: [kɐˈfuzu]). However, in Portugal and Portuguese-speaking Africa, cafuzo is used to refer to someone born of an African person and a person of mixed African and European ancestry.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casta#Casta_paintings_of_the_18th_century

Casta (Spanish: [ˈkasta]) is a term which means "lineage" in Spanish and Portuguese and has historically been used as a racial and social identifier. In the context of the Spanish Empire in the Americas it also refers to a now discredited 20th century theoretical framework which postulated that colonial society operated under a hierarchical race-based "caste system". From the outset, colonial Spanish America resulted in widespread intermarriage: unions of Spaniards (españoles), Amerindians (indios), and Africans (negros). Basic mixed-race categories that appeared in official colonial documentation were mestizo, generally offspring of a Spaniard and an indigenous person; and mulato, offspring of a Spaniard and a black African. A plethora of terms were used for people with mixed indigenous, African, and Spanish ancestry in 18th-century casta paintings, but they are not known to have been widely used officially or unofficially in the Spanish Empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casta#/media/File:Casta_painting_all.jpg

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2022 05:34AM by anybody.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: June 11, 2022 06:59PM

ziller can confrirm ~

ziller am zambo ~

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 12, 2022 10:32AM

Of course they are.
Although there are genetic modifications that affect features and pigmentation we are all part of the "human race" and discrimination is just that.
But let me assure you that because my skin is orange with pink polka dots I am definately your superior. So sit still--Shut up-- and pay attention

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.