Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 10:24AM

The recent revelations about TSCC’s role in sex abuse disgust so much that if I was still a member, I’m pretty sure I would submit my resignation. I wish I resign again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 11:04AM

CrispingPin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The recent revelations about TSCC’s role in sex
> abuse disgust so much that if I was still a
> member, I’m pretty sure I would submit my
> resignation. I wish I resign again.
Of course you can resign yourself to resign

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 11:06AM

can I be Double x'd?

Date: August 05, 2022 11:21AM

Would you then be required to be baptized twice to rejoin? Maybe that would invalidate a dead dunking.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 11:28AM

CrispingPin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The recent revelations about TSCC’s role in sex
> abuse disgust so much that if I was still a
> member, I’m pretty sure I would submit my
> resignation. I wish I resign again.

+1

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 11:58AM

Date: August 05, 2022 02:29PM

Posted by: Cold-Dodger ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 07:07PM

Jesus Christ…

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 08:04PM

What a tear-jerker of an article.

The man was raping a 6-week-old baby? (How is that even anatomically possible?) In addition to his other daughter? The mother knew? The bishops knew? For many years?

And the most important aspect was to ensure the safety of his soul (or however Mormons believe in that regard)?

The pain and distress and lifetime of coping ahead for those girls is heartbreaking to think about.

The oldest girl is amazing - despite her own lengthy ordeal she is engaged in the legal fight in order to help other people, she stated.

From the article:

"Aside from the legal arguments over whether Bishops Herrod and Mauzy were excused from their reporting obligations under the clergy-penitent privilege, critics of the inaction by the two bishops and the broader church have raised ethical issues.

"Gerard Moretz, a seasoned child sex abuse investigator for the Pima County, Arizona, Sheriff’s Department and an expert witness for the Adams children, is one of them.

“What aspect of your religious practice are you advancing if you don’t report something like this?” he asked."

That last sentence presents the salient question.

I know it's easy to armchair-quarterback things but even if the church's lawyers told the bishops what the rules were for reporting (i.e., not to do so) how is it possible for a person to know of such horrendous ongoing abuse and decide to stay quiet about it for legal reasons concerning a third party?

And who would want to belong to a church that put its or their own legal considerations ahead of the well-being of its adherents, especially vulnerable children, too young to choose the faith or to escape the ongoing harm being done to them by both their parents and religious leaders who knew of the horrific circumstances in which they were forced to live but actively chose to allow it to continue.

You'd think the church law firm would catch some flak also for protecting and defending such horrors.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 11:59AM

Send TSCC a resignation letter just to see if they acknowledge your previous resignation.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 01:21PM

Think am gonna resign once a year every year on me birthday just fer grins

Oh the consternation

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 12:12PM

I [state your name] do resign membership in the LDS Church for and in behalf of [state name of person you are liberating] who is dead.

An idea whose time has come.

Date: August 05, 2022 02:34PM

I like the idea. Plus there would be an additional benefit for people who missed out on doing temple work for famous people. We could coordinate with the Utah chapter of the Elvis Presley fan club. We could unendow him Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and they could set him up for exaltation Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 05, 2022 02:41PM

And those poor church bastards don’t get to rest on Sundays!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 06, 2022 12:16PM

Yes, indeed. I would like to resign on behalf of my great-grandmother, who was dead-dunked on two occasions without my family's permission. She had no Mormon direct ancestors, and no Mormon descendants whatsoever. FU, Mormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.