Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 06:07PM

Taking a cue from Amazon, the church can open LDS Hub(ris) Lockers.

Your temple recommend opens a locker that is specific to just you! It has the name of the person you're going through for, a set of Jesus jammies, and a set of one-use codes that are sent to your phone to unlock even more fabulous kingdoms.

Before your temple trip, you fill out your temple worthiness form, by uploading last year's tax return, and the church's computer compares your tithing on record with the return. Then you get to decide whether you want to pay for an upgrade to "worthy" status (tithing up to date), or for a fistful of dollars more, move up to "born in the covenant" (+$1000), "leadership" (+$10,000), or "second anointing" (+$100,000, recurrent monthly fee).

Your one-time codes allow you entrance to the various packages: the lone and dreary world (a door marked this way to the Egress), the telestial kingdom VR experience, the terrestrial kingdom upgrade (leather chairs with cupholders), and the deluxe celestial kingdom model (apparently, part of the metaverse - or so I've heard).

Skip all the matrons, patrons, and halitosis. No more handshakes - just a bunch of Buzzfeed quizzes: "only 1 in ten Latter-day Saints know this one sick trick to obtaining celestial glory!"

Tyson who only gets on exmormon.org now when he's sick and slightly silly

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 08:15PM

This raises the question: Do the lower Kingdoms have internet service?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 08:40PM

Yes, but it's dial-up. With only 14.4 modems in Terrestrial, and only 2400 modems in Telestial.

Date: September 13, 2022 08:44PM

Well, it's not like anyone is going to be hurting for time in the lower kingdoms... We'll just have to wait for as long as it takes for Tetrus to load, and play.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 09:19PM

But you get to listen to that dial-up modem squeal for eternity.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 10:48PM

sounds like ~

hell ~

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 08:44PM

No more handshakes or close whispering - sounds like a win-win to me - especially in the Age of Covid.

And if you're still leaving in a previous decade and don't have a cell phone you're given a pardon and never have to attend at all? Sounds good to me.

Nice to see you around Tyson. Sorry you're sick though.

Date: September 13, 2022 08:46PM

And here I was going to congratulate him for reaching a pinnacle in silliness!!

One of us is correct, and I'm sure you hope it's me, right?

Date: September 13, 2022 08:54PM

Right, EOD!

Date: September 13, 2022 09:07PM

I tested positive this morning. I was around too densely packed of a group of people on Friday night, and here we are.

Sore throat is getting better, coughing seems a little worse. No fever so far.

Tyson

Date: September 13, 2022 09:46PM

Yikes, Ty.

Rest up, take care.

Date: September 14, 2022 07:26AM

Throat isn't really sore today. No upper respiratory involvement to speak of. A bit of a cough. Slept pretty well. Am a little worried that I haven't had a fever - I'd expect a bit of a fever if my body is actually fighting the infection.

Date: September 14, 2022 05:05PM

Fever is one of the possible symptoms but is not always present. I wouldn't worry about not having a fever.

Here's a refresher about Covid in general, because I can't resist so thanks for a thread that gives me an opportunity.

Quick fact: “COVID-19 can cause symptoms that are mild at first, but then become more intense over five to seven days.”

From a Canadian site:

Most common symptoms:

fever
cough
tiredness
loss of taste or smell

Less common symptoms:

sore throat
headache
aches and pains
diarrhoea
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
red or irritated eyes

Serious symptoms:

difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
loss of speech or mobility, or confusion
chest pain

Seek immediate medical attention if you have serious symptoms.
Always call before visiting your doctor or health facility.
People with mild symptoms who are otherwise healthy should manage their symptoms at home.

On average it takes 5–6 days from when someone is infected with the virus for symptoms to show, however it can take up to 14 days.

From Johns Hopkins:

“A fever is one of the common symptoms of COVID-19, but you can be infected with the coronavirus and have a cough or other symptoms with no fever, or a very low-grade one — especially in the first few days. Keep in mind that it is also possible to have the coronavirus with minimal symptoms or even no symptoms at all. People infected with the coronavirus who have no symptoms can still spread the virus to others.”

“Symptoms of COVID-19 usually show up two to 14 days after exposure to SARS-CoV-2, but some people who are infected do not develop symptoms or feel ill. When this happens, a person is called asymptomatic. This is why it is so important to wear a face mask and to practice physical distancing and hand hygiene. People can be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 and not realize it, but still be able to transmit the virus to other people.”

-----

I hope you're feeling better soon, Ty. Don't rush yourself though.

Date: September 14, 2022 05:57PM

That's a serious question.

With regard to the timeline, while I can't be 100% certain of when I acquired it, last Friday evening I was at a crowded largely maskless event; whereas, normally, I stay at home. It was an overconfident move on my part to attend, and I was emboldened by going two weeks before and having nothing happen. Of course, the attendance was considerably greater on Friday, so that might have played into it - denser packing and more people.

The sore throat first appeared on Monday afternoon as I was heading home from an orthopedist's appointment. I tested myself yesterday morning, as I was feeling lousy.

Unfortunately, my husband and I spent Sunday night and Monday sleeping together, so I have to worry about his exposure too. (He had been traveling through Sunday, but I wasn't masked until yesterday after I tested myself.)

I've been tracking my spO2, which was about 92 when I woke up, but rose to 95-97 while standing or sitting. I'm waiting on an order of guaifenesin, though my secretions have been thin. I've been drinking a lot of water and other fluids.

Anyway, this isn't great board chat. If you ask Susan, she has my email, and I wouldn't mind conversing that way.

Tyson

Date: September 14, 2022 06:44PM

I did ask Sus, Ty.

Meanwhile, if your O2 level stays lower than 95 it may be a good idea to call your MD to get some guidance. Good to read that yours went back up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2022 07:16PM by Nightingale.

Date: September 14, 2022 07:36PM

Here's info for your husband as he has undoubtedly been exposed:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/if-you-were-exposed.html

Part of it is about protecting/caring for oneself and another part is observing measures to avoid spreading the infection to others.

Hoping for the best for you both.

Date: September 16, 2022 02:26PM

I hope you're feeling better now Ty. My email to you is bouncing back. I've asked her to double check the address. You are welcome to ask Sus for mine.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 13, 2022 08:54PM

Is that anything like Temple Prime?
Fast endowments, easy returns. Highest quality dead people.

Date: September 13, 2022 09:47PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Highest quality dead people.

I'm slightly disturbed that this made me belly laugh.

But everybody knows nurses are morbid. :)

Date: September 14, 2022 08:07AM

Some distant relatives' remains over in Europe are in a marked columbarium niche, that is still technically being rented by one of the decedents. We have friends in the country who have been paying the rental fees on the space, but they're old and think we should stop paying for the niche and have the ashes moved to the common columbarium.

For obvious reasons of cultural differences, this is a bit frustrating, even though they have a point. We don't travel over from the US, and the deceased have no living family members in the country who visit their remains.

And they are, of course, dead. They don't do the things they did when they were alive. Their friend circles are largely deceased too. We have the marvelous paintings that one relative produced, but obviously he won't be making any more.

The idea of renting an urn cubby got mingled with the idea of the Amazon locker in my head. The idea that the former isn't permanent but instead rented for a finite period of time and that it gets reused by someone else had too many resonances to be ignored. The rest followed from there.

Tyson

Date: September 14, 2022 10:46AM

I don't like the idea of setting up decedents to have to pay rent and babysit someone's ashes. I hope it gets resolved for everyone OK.
If rent doesn't get paid, what are they going to do...put his ashes in jail? Evict and put the ashes out on the street? j/k

I hope you feel better and recover completely very quickly.

Date: September 14, 2022 11:45AM

The de[cede]nt should have signed the care over to a de[scenda]nt while both were alive. Silly of them not to do so.

I'm frankly a little surprised that the columbarium hasn't figured this out, but as long as someone pays, they don't care whose name is on the account, it would seem.

Tyson

Date: September 14, 2022 11:51AM

It sounds a little scammy to me.

Thanks for catching my descendant miss too.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.