Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: September 14, 2022 08:02PM

At 5:45, I had a ring at my doorbell. Thinking I locked my husband out of our screen door, I went to answer only to discover an asshole from [REDACTED] Pest Control from [REDACTED], Utah show up.

I told him that first I wasn't interested, and second, that I had COVID. He told me that he never had it and that he thinks he has natural immunity(!). So he's THAT kind of idiot.

I told him to get off my property or I wouldn't be very happy. He mocked me for putting it that way, but he doesn't realize that my "not very happy" means that tomorrow I'm going to call the town to verify whether the company has a permit - I can guarantee you they don't - then I'm filing a police report. 5:45 was naturally too late to reach the town offices, but I'm sure the solicitors won't simply disappear overnight.

I am sure that wherever he served his mission, he'll be getting a worse reception here in New England than he did there.

Tyson

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2022 08:04PM by Tyson Dunn.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 14, 2022 08:18PM

So he takes a risk of exposing himself to Covid, then goes around and about to other people's homes. If he did it at yours then he likely has done it before and who knows if he is spreading it already. You are likely not the only person he's encountered who is ill with the very contagious virus. You would think/hope that his employer would make masks mandatory for workers who are contacting customers and potential customers and possibly entering many homes of strangers throughout their workday.

As for natural immunity, it potentially exists if a person has had Covid but it isn't permanent. The levels of immunity obtained by having had Covid can wane quite quickly.

People are contracting Covid two or more times so natural immunity isn't a sure thing, at all. That's why even if you've had Covid, MDs are recommending you still get vaccinated anyway.

Also, things change with the emergence of variants that are currently present and expected to stick around, plus more and more new variants.

As for just being naturally immune without having had the virus, I don't know about that. I can't quickly find any reference to that. It doesn't sound right to me but I'd like to confirm that. In any case, I wouldn't roll the dice like that, assuming I'm immune. Because (1) I seriously do not want to get Covid and (2) I also do not want to be responsible for spreading it around and making others ill.

This guy is obviously under-educated on the concept of immunity. That may or may not be connected at all to his Mormon faith. But he's not following the prophet because the FP has urged people to get vaxxed and also to wear masks. I'm pleasantly surprised that folks are hearing some good words coming from their LDS leaders, at least in this regard.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2022 08:23PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Dallin Ox ( )
Date: September 14, 2022 08:21PM

The irony of a self-unaware mormon, likely an RM, going door-to-door (essentially tracting) for a pest control company…

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 14, 2022 08:25PM

Haha.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: September 14, 2022 09:21PM

Delicious irony, Dallin. LOL.

Posted by: Tyson Dunn ( )
Date: September 14, 2022 08:35PM

I live in a detached house in a suburban neighborhood. It wasn't delivered here.

They will only refund the order to a gift card. I'm glad my husband picked up a few bottles of liquid guaifenesin.

Tyson

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: September 15, 2022 08:57PM

I've had those fools drop by on several occasions. They ask who does the pest control around the house. I tell them I do. They ask if I like dealing with the chemicals, etc, trying to help me infer a reason to give it up. I paused for a second and thought about is and said that greater love hath no man than he kill bugs for his family. I continued on that doing my own pest control brought me exceedingly great joy. If it so be that I should labor all my days and only kill one bug, how great will be my joy. I even through in an Eyring pause and voice crack with almost tears to help him feel the spirit of my testimony. The guy didn't say much more and left quickly. I gave him a good story for his pest control buddies and felt good that I had helped this RM see that testimonial product endorsements can be used for any good or service that even I do myself.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 15, 2022 09:02PM

Do they guarantee complete eradication of the Mormon cricket?

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 15, 2022 10:10PM

Fool. You should have a special warning label on the door!

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 12:38PM

I had a solar company based in Utah knock on my door; I won't name them but it's spelled vivint.
For that kind of major expense and change to your house, they send out door-to-door salespeople? And with a "uniform" & clipboard so if you look out your window and see them you think it might be the power company checking the lines or something.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: September 16, 2022 12:38PM

I had a solar company based in Utah knock on my door; I won't name them but it's spelled vivint.
For that kind of major expense and change to your house, they send out door-to-door salespeople? And with a "uniform" & clipboard so if you look out your window and see them you think it might be the power company checking the lines or something.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: September 18, 2022 03:39PM

Kind of sucks when the pest control becomes the pest.

Posted by: moehoward ( )
Date: September 19, 2022 10:22AM

One of the pest control companies here in SC hired a lot of Mormons to sell their product. I talked with a few and they are all RMs so they are used to taking NO for an answer.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.