Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: October 06, 2022 01:40PM

Mormonism has created a market and exploited people with a remarkable religion. It is the church of fake friends and family.

We all have people who are marginally or friends. But Mormonism really takes the cake in fake. We are now unfriended by our Mormon neighbors. The problem is we both didn't get their memo.

Apparently you can live next door to people you got to know and hang out with for years and then just go back to being church related.

It shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm fake family with all but a couple of people. Granted I don't make much of an effort but they never really have either. I guess I've been indoctrinated correctly. I just don't pay my dues to the fake friends and family club sand haven't for well over a decade.

But wow. Funny how these neighbors would go on and on about fake news when they used to care about our existence. Turns out fake news is bad but fake friendship isn't! Oh, and they call Facebook Fakebook, well not right now. They have a missionary and so Facebook is cool for their lord's greater purposes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2022 01:42PM by Elder Berry.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 12:20AM

I’m so sorry, EB.

When your neighbors come asking for something, like to borrow your power tools, assuming you have some, tell them you don’t lend stuff to strangers.

Car needs a jump? Call AAA.

String trimmer has shuffled off this mortal coil on to greener pastures? Give them a pair of safety scissors.

One day they will want something. Tell them Beth said to kiss her Black ass, and that might take all day. Please send pics of their confused and screwed up faces.

Date: October 08, 2022 02:34PM

Thank you Beth. You made my day. To think next door neighbors can demote me to church connection only after years of being in each other's houses.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: October 08, 2022 12:47PM

She believes in God and Jesus Christ, but not in what the church teaches. She told me once she goes because she knows mom and dad want her to. They told me they were fine with me not going. They were very disturbed by what happened, but then my dad told my daughter to never stop going to church just after my mom died. He was hoping I'd go back then, too. He died a few months later.

But we grew up as the ones who didn't belong. I lived a life full of fake mormons. My older sister just said about that ward we grew up in "I tried so hard to fit in." I'd never heard her say that. Most of the mormons are nice to me around here. I knew most of them before he left me. They all stop and talk to him! ha ha Especially the women. Women just adore "the husband."

But everywhere I went to church until I married Mr. Mormon, people were fake towards me and my siblings, oh, except some of the guys I worked with at Thiokol. It has been 37 years since I left Thiokol and I still have a few I talk to. The rest have passed away. They are wonderful men and just good people. They aren't the fake kind of mormons.

But I had my share. One of my fake friends died last November of a heart attack. I listened to her funeral on zoom, but I didn't go. I haven't talked to her since about 1990. If she saw me in a store, I'd run. I dumped the fake friends from my growing up years a long time ago.

P.S. My aunt who I've talked about on here, my mom's sister and my mom's brother--and all their kids, I don't speak to. I do talk to this aunt. She had to force herself into my life. My sister says she tells me things that she won't tell anyone else as they have to put on that fake front. I think she finds me someone she can tell it all to since her son is gay and then we both had twins. One of her twin babies died at birth.

Date: October 08, 2022 02:37PM

I'm sorry. It sounds like many people round their wagons as they get older around the screwed up church.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: October 09, 2022 08:28PM

95% of my Mormon family are less than meaningless.

Posted by: Adam Warrior ( )
Date: October 09, 2022 08:44PM

We have a lot in common Elder Berry. You are me but a few decades ahead. I have come to terms mostly that my entire surroundings including family, friends, and religion was all fake. It is a hard pill to swallow and accept and just magically mentally move on as if none of it was real. Hell the only real friends i had for a while were on this board. It was better than what i was leaving behind i know that much.

Date: October 09, 2022 09:02PM

Ziller's fake character he portrayed on this board was literally my best friend for like five years since my real best friend passed away about 10 years ago.

Date: October 10, 2022 09:39AM

I'm sorry Adam.

My family gave me survival skills for living in a shitty situation and then I grew up. If I were in prison I would have been well prepared.

Date: October 10, 2022 10:19PM

Yeeeep

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 10, 2022 10:36PM

Mormon families are a joke. I didn't learn about healthy families until I ventured away from Zion.

Date: October 10, 2022 11:06PM

It's bad. Zero nurturing. Zero love. You don't truly see how bad it truly was until you finally leave it all and can see it from a better or different perspective entirely.

Date: October 11, 2022 12:14AM

A desolate wasteland.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.