Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 10:29AM

We are watching our 3 year old twin grandchildren this weekend. They are wonderful and exhausting. This morning DW said she needed some coffee. So I asked what kind. Her response, 'Garage coffee'. LOL

I guess we have gone a bit overboard on coffee. When we visiting Ireland 4 years ago with our son, the AirBnB had a Bosch Tossimo coffee maker. It is a clever coffee maker with a bar code reader that reads the pods and then makes the appropriate coffee from expresso to lattes. Our son, like us, was so enchanted with the coffee maker he bought one for his home and we bought one as well. So when DW said she wanted a garage coffee, that is where the Bosch unit sits on the work bench by the kitchen door and I made a quick coffee. Surprisingly McCafe is a good simple black coffee made on the Tossimo machine. Our favorite is an Americano.

We have a Keurig in the upstairs main bath and a drip coffee maker in the kitchen. It is still hard to imagine we lived without coffee for so many years. A coffee roaster in Chattanooga is named Mad Priest. The sign out front says Holy Water. I cannot resist buying roasted ground coffee from them due to the name. A regular for us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 10:37AM

Sinner!

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 10:56AM

I can't imagine not having my morning coffee.

I now understand my father's trip to the local cafe every morning for a cup of coffee even after he joined the church and we all got sealed up later in the temple.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 11:26AM

When I first get up in the mornings, I feel what I'm wondering is like "brain fog." I used to get up in the mornings and get my mental dial up to 10 within minutes. Now I feel like I'm dragging for up to an hour unless I get coffee. I figure it is because I'm getting older and don't have that adrenalin rush to get to work. I'm not too proud to have instant coffee in my cupboard when I feel especially lazy.

I babysit my grandkids quite a bit. When I have them overnight or a long time, I get exhausted chasing them around too. No amount of coffee can substitute for having a quick nap or time to myself. The kids are relentless. The worst part is trying to prepare 3 meals a day for very picky eaters. I have stupid kid show music looping in my head from the brain numbing YouTube stuff they watch. When they are with Grandma, they are so wound up they won't sleep. I bribe them with new toys constantly. So... good luck to you and your wife! Enjoy them while you can.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 02:08PM

That's hilarious.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 08:59PM

Don't get me started....

One refuses to get potty trained.
My house has either sand or glitter in every nook and cranny. (I thought cat hair was bad enough.)
My pets are terrified of the kids and hide under the bed until they leave.
One takes apart every toy instead of playing with them.
I'm still finding melted popsicles in strange places.

Maybe some day I'll think it's hilarious...if I survive.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 17, 2022 02:37AM

It's just so reminiscent of when my children were small. Perhaps I'll forget it all by the time I have grandchildren and then rediscover what you're experiencing.

Or maybe I'll be dead by the time that happens!

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: October 17, 2022 10:07AM

Our situation with the 3 year old twins is identical. DW has health issues and it takes her a day or two after watching the twins for her to recover. She probably will spend today in her recliner reading or napping. The pain from her arthritis slows her down. The quiet when they are gone is relaxing. Tonight I have a rehearsal and she will probably be asleep when I get home at 930 PM. Coffee has become essential to watching the children and getting the energy to start a new day afterwards.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 12:33PM

It's not a big deal for me to continue keeping the Word of Wisdom, so IF Jesus returns, I'll have less crawling back to do than the rest of you.

Although I probably curse more fluently and evocatively than the majority of you, so maybe there will still be a slight delay in my ascension.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2022 12:40PM by elderolddog.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 12:36PM

Coffee is one of life's simple pleasures, and one that I would never deny myself.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 12:44PM

Plus, my non-mormon domestic partner( we have been engaged for a long time, just like Oprah) asked me out on a "coffee date" years ago. If I didn't drink coffee, it would have been even more awkward than it already was. hehe

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 02:39PM

'mr. coffee™' coffee maker crew checking in ~

Posted by: HusbandofTBM ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 03:01PM

I had to smile when my TBM wife and I were watching Dr Gundry on YouTube talking about “Polyphenols” and how coffee is rich in them and how wonderful coffee is for you!

Posted by: Jethro ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 10:05PM

Yea, why TBM's can't see coffee/tea,God could care less if u partake, perfect red flag that its a control thing.

U can argue all kinds of stuff with TBM's but it gets no simpler than coffee/tea.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 16, 2022 10:52PM

I am still bitter about the Coke thing!

Posted by: Mannaz ( )
Date: October 17, 2022 06:23PM

Black and bitter. I've been grinding beans from Ethiopia. Very nice. Ah, I remember the days of Postum as a justifiable alternative. My question was always ... "just how hot is that cup of Postum."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.