Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: October 17, 2022 03:50PM

Ok... it is too sacred to talk about our Heavenly Mother(s)... Is it too sacred to talk about His mothers-in-law? I'm sure he might want to vent a little bit. I'll bet coordinating all those heavenly visits with presumably multiple celestial mothers is truly difficult. How does he get along with them? Are the mothers-in-law even aloud to visit Him and her daughter? Or maybe since the mother-in-law is in a celestial state she is too busy cranking out next gen spirits, er, intelligence to be able to visit her daughter and grand-spirits? Wonder which mothers-in-law still tell their daughter that they could have done better?

I cannot help but think of the show Bewitched where Samantha's mother would call the son-in-law Derwood or other derogatory names. Wonder how often God is called Elwood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2022 03:52PM by cheezus.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sd ( )
Date: October 17, 2022 04:01PM

Rosanne Barr. You heard it here first.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: October 17, 2022 09:22PM

You are getting mellow in my old age sd :)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 17, 2022 05:59PM

There is no known word, description, inference or explanation regarding the role of females in the top rank of the celestial kingdom other than baby factory.

Celestial baby mommas passed whatever testing is involved to achieve their holy status, either in the Pre-Existence (meaning dying here on Earth before, or ever reaching, the Age of Accountability, not to be confused with the age of consent) or by obeying and sustaining Eternal Laws, which include not rocking the boat.

And that's all we know, except for females are housed wherever their husbands want them.  And there's no indication that they have anything remotely resembling freedom of thought or movement.  Because as ghawds, there's nothing men need any help doing or being.

All they get to do for Eternity is bring forth issue.  And I am still of the opinion that were all this mormon folderol 'true', when a ghawd ejaculated, whomever he was with would get a winning sperm, and the rest of the hundreds of million winged one-celled rockets would jet off to find all the other wives.

There's no death in heaven!

The only issue my version doesn't satisfy is the matter of women being born with all their eggs already in place, and it's a finite number.  I suppose that being able to manufacture new ova is not that big a deal.

I just can't picture JoJu putting any thought into what the role of women would be in his version of "I've got a dick and you don't" mormon heaven.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 17, 2022 06:10PM

"I suppose that being able to manufacture new ova is not that big a deal."

That's why the Deseret symbol is the beehive. Women in the CK are like queen bees making human spirit larvae all day long.

Which makes me think polygamy is backwards. Shouldn't one wife have many husbands?

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 17, 2022 06:17PM

As a resurrected, celestialized, flesh and bone female person your first task is to learn how to give birth to spirit children. Once you've mastered that, mother or mother-in-law issue become unimportant.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.