Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 05:15PM

in b 4 ~ ‘hello darkness my old friend’ ~

exmos better watch they asses ~

it is fixing to be dark at like 4:30 pm ~

(arizona and hawaii exmos are exempt) ~

this weekend’s ‘time drill™’ ~

is an exercise in time-travel ~

especially designed by THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT ~

to be so straightforward that even exmos can do it ~

the exmo should begin by rejecting juvenile time-travel notions ~

such as ~

traveling backward in time to the year "0" to watch our father adam’s nubile young wives frolicking in their fig leaf bikinis with their pet dinosaurs ~

or ~

traveling forward in time to the year 9891 to watch aliens finally arrive to destroy earth in a glorious orgasmic cacophony ~

NO ~

this is only a simple exercise that does not involve traveling through SPACE ~

but is for TIME ONLY ~

and that but for a ONE HOUR interval SUNDAY NIGHT ~

between whenever-the-bars-close and sunrise ~

traveling forward / backward in time can easily be accomplished by exmos ~

via a simple interface with the exmo's own alarm clock devise ~

exmos should experiment and have fun ~

but all exmos should remember THE NUMBER ONE RULE of time travel ~

BE CAREFUL NOT TO ALTER THE ENTIRE COURSE OF HISTORY ~

p. s. ~

also ~

many exmos confuse “saving” time with “shaving” time ~

that is OK ~

a shaving party is a perfectly acceptable way for exmos to celebrate this important day ~

enjoy ~

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 05:19PM

If the end is near good thing I've got my food storage and anti radiation kit ready to go!

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 05:34PM

people are going to be like unto zombies in the morn' and eve for the next few days... god helpify us!

I'm ready.

Posted by: TimelessFiend ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 08:00PM

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 08:01PM

Hopefully this is the last time we'll move the clocks back to standard time in the fall. The Sunshine Protection Act, which will make daylight saving time permanent, has passed in the Senate and is awaiting approval from the House. If passed we'll move the clocks forward this spring (daylight time) and stick with daylight time year round, which gives us more sunlight in the evening.

I just read that the bill is still stalled in the House. If it's not approved the bill will have to be reintroduced next year. Ugh. Seems all are on board with discontinuing moving the clocks back and forth but they can't agree on whether to make standard or daylight time permanent. I'm for daylight time with more sunlight in the evening. I think it's more in sync with lifestyles today.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 08:17PM

Changing clocks back and forth is annoying enough. Try readjusting the sundials in the garden twice a year. ;-D

There's always one clock somewhere I miss. Then I freak out thinking I'm late or early to something.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 09:38PM

Girl, just be glad you don't have to be the one to adjust Stonehenge :)

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 09:42PM

LOL!

Posted by: cheezus ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 11:33PM

That is why the good Lord in his infinite wizdumm gave us ntpd.

Posted by: squirrely ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 09:04PM

If the end is coming I have to guard my food storage with a shotgun, please shoot me. I don't want to be part of that world.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 10:56PM

I kinda look forward to it. Just like I look forward to the spring change.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 11:00PM

They could always go back to the old ways...

When the sun is DIRECTLY overhead, it's noon, 12:00pm.  Count the minutes all you want and after 60 of them, it's 1:00pm.  Continue on until it's time for bed; you're asleep and can't count minutes anymore.

The next morning, count the minutes that have passed since you went to sleep and hope you got at least 8 hours in the sack.

If you want to continue to count the minutes as you go about your morning chores, that's fine, but keep track of the sun, because when it's directly overhead, it's a new noon.

This was the system in use in the our nation's history and it made catching trains extremely difficult, because there were different 12:00pm's all across the country! Even 20 miles apart made for different times of day for the respective inhabitants.

Yeah, time keeping is a completely artificial endeavor, made up to try to get things organized.  Just ask your pets what they know about time, time zones, seconds, minutes, etc.  

Now Seasons...  Well, when you get far away enough from the equator, north or south.  Most of us cannot imagine what it's like living within, say, 500 miles of one of the Poles.

Thank ghawd for ziller!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 05, 2022 11:54PM

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: November 06, 2022 02:44PM

and it is HERE. Except that my dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few weeks ago and I had to get my ex up (he lives downstairs) to give the dog his shot as my hands shake too much to fill the needle and also to inject it. He was an hour off and here we just got a good schedule going. And me I have to get the dog to eat before the shot. He can tell I'm stressed about it.

BUT I'm looking forward to early morning sun coming up and then being able to walk or ride my bike in the dark. Don't like having the neighbors out and about.

Since I haven't worked a regular schedule or out of the house for so many years, my work hours don't matter.

I change one clock and that is in the hallway. The rest just stay the same.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.