Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gw ( )
Date: December 07, 2022 12:19PM

Hi everyone,
just wanted to tell you that I used to be tombs1 on here but needed a fresh start.
To give everyone a quick review, I have cousins who are all TBMS because my uncle converted to marry somone decades ago.
I grew up in a pretty big Mormon community in AZ and right before I graduated High School I converted to Mormonism for reasons that I did not understand at the time.
I ignored warnings from my parents and many other people about some of the things that go on in Mormonism, and put in my paperwork to go on a mission at 19.
That is what it took for the lights to start going on for me. I started to see that we were being controlled by a corporation that doesn't have the answers to even a lot of its own teachings and doctrine.
I lasted six weeks in the MTC and was sent home for "depression".
After a year of trying to stay in the Morg I couldn't do it.
Now I deal with my anger about it and Aspergers syndrome. I want to thank everyone on here who has always taken the time to listen, share their stories and advice, and I still have more to talk about but under a "New Name" lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 07, 2022 12:25PM

Thanks for your story and letting us know your "new name"!

I think over time the anger will get better. You have to forgive yourself for only doing what you thought was right at the time. You had the guts to leave a mission. Depressed or not, that took nerve. They want you to have baggage about it. Thankfully you caught on!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 07, 2022 02:03PM

Good to hear from you, gw. We all take wrong turns in life. The secret is to get going in the right direction again, which it sounds like you've done.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.