Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: December 12, 2022 06:42PM

imagine playing in little league and never making it to the major league professional status ~

imagine the disappointed and embarrassed parental units ~

imagine the shame of being forced to continue to raise the child in spite of the failure ~

the parental units prolly had to make cuts to the food and clothing budget to afford the little league dues and fees ~

all the while having to continue to pay a full tithe ~

any exmo with a shred of dignity who failed to achieve professional baseball status would find a way to re-pay the parental units ~

all that hard work for what ? ~

mebe the child makes the all-star team ~

an the parental units bus the child to meaningless out-of-town tournaments hoping they hit the lotto ~

then a ground ball hits a divot and bounces up an smashes the child in the nose ~

an the child crys like an 8-year-old baby because it is an 8-year old baby ~

or the pro-scout is at the game but the coach plays his nephew instead ~

on top of the dues and fees and moms having to bring the snacks an drinks they make the kids sling candy bars in the streets on the coldest nights of the year ~

evedentally ~

the parental units dues and fees were not enough ~

and the little league officials used the candy bar money to line they pockets ~

even though the exmo may have won a frisbee or something for selling so much candy bars ~

the exmo should prolly think of something nice to do for the parental units for what they did in supporting the little league program ~

while they sit on the couch watching the pro ball playing pajama-wearing bums who took your job making zillions of u. s. american dollars ~

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: December 12, 2022 07:24PM

When i was young I played one year of minor little league. A few years before that, my older brother was playing major little league.

One Saturday afternoon in the off season my brother and a couple of his friends were and the snack shack at the park they played at. I stood watching in awe as they told the the old guy behind the counter about their feats on the ball field....I hit a home run....my team came in first place.....and for those amazing athletics, he gave them each a free hot dog.

After they left, I sheepishly walked up to the counter, barely able to see over the top, and said "my brothers team came in first place".....the old guy smiled at me and gave me a free hot dog too.

Best hotdog I ever ate!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.