Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: December 19, 2022 05:53PM

it was nice knowing you exmos for a breid shining moment y'all ~

looks like the texas 3rd coast is gonna have weather temperatures cold enough to make water hard for two days in a row next week ~

plz pray or hold good thoughts or whatever it is exmos do for others in these trying times ~

thz RfM ~

in b 4 ~ fake ziller ~

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Human ( )
Date: December 19, 2022 06:47PM

Holy cow! Must pray!!

Human, hivin’ in your attic, drinkin’ hot toddies with outside forty below, countin’ the wind chill…

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: December 19, 2022 08:48PM

Where is the sign of the times for end of days where the seasons stop flipping semi annually I heard of when I was young?

Posted by: shortbobgirl ( )
Date: December 19, 2022 06:57PM

Time for the puffy coat.

Date: December 22, 2022 04:51PM

ya ~

that feeling when ~

the exmo reaches into the pocket ~

of last year's puffy coat ~

an find a half-smoked left-handed turkish blend cigerrette ~

f*ck ~

forgot to wish every exmo a happy solstice btw ~

thx ~

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: December 19, 2022 07:04PM

ziller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> plz pray or hold good thoughts or whatever it is
> exmos do for others in these trying times ~

Many exmos do A LOT for others "in these trying times". And other times too.

Just sayin'.

What a concept eh?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: December 19, 2022 08:03PM

Thank goodness Texas has a great electric grid so they can all stay warm!

Seriously, be careful everyone. It's plenty cold and icy where I am too.

Posted by: other fake ziller ( )
Date: December 19, 2022 08:13PM

in b4 ~

ziller joins ted in cancun ~

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 19, 2022 08:25PM

Meanwhile North Dakotans are just rolling their eyes. For them this is just February, a few weeks early.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: December 25, 2022 05:12PM

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 25, 2022 08:50PM

[|] Wrote:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDtRGgSJ468
>
> Starting at 14:00

I had an episode like that. I was on hard clay playa near (maybe on) the Dugway Proving Grounds* looking for a hot spring. The moisture from the spring dissipated into what looked hard, dry, and firm--but wasn't. In a moment I was bottomed out in seriously slippery muck! After an hour of digging and maneuvering, I flagged down a couple in an Expedition from Utah County who pulled me out. I just mailed them a couple of Yeti ramblers as a Christmas present.

The guy in the orange Bronco probably should have attacked it further to his left, away from the deep ruts made by the previous crossers.

> Then there was this guy
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSE95I1ChAI

No excuse for this idiocy. That video has generated some long threads on Bronco discussion forums.

*I describe the Dugway Proving Grounds as "where the US Government develops and tests things polite society would rather not know about."

Posted by: RobertRules ( )
Date: December 25, 2022 07:59PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:
> Meanwhile North Dakotans are just rolling their
> eyes. For them this is just February, a few weeks
> early.
------------------------

NoDak guy here. We will be above 0 (f) for the next week during the day. After 32 below a few nights ago. Windy today with blowing snow. Will be able to get out the drive to the road by the barn tomorrow or the next day. Drifts today to the windows of the F150. Overcast & snow meant we did not see a small Northern Light show last night.

For reference - our Building Code calls for water pipes to be 8 feet, minimum depth. At that we need to be a bit deeper if we don't get a nice layer of snow before winter really sets in.

Ice on the lakes is not too good, less than 15 inches here due to snow on it. A few winters ago the kids fishing derby in January had 44 inches. Fun fishing.

Snowmobiles are having fun today with the new snow and over the next weeks it should be even better.

If you don't do winter you don't do Northern States. Few people and we have need for workers - with over 20,000 job requests for employees now in all types of jobs. You can still get a 'fixer upper' here for under $30,000. Even some small, clean and decent places for that price in smaller towns or in the country.

Fishing, hunting and outdoor recreation is good. Clean air, a lot of farming and ranching and clean air. Not many Mormons.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: December 25, 2022 08:09PM

How are the Mexicans, if any, handling it?  ...asking for a loved one.

Date: December 26, 2022 04:18PM

Thousands and thousands of border crossers are freezing on the streets of El Paso. Available services are woefully insufficient.

Date: December 22, 2022 04:31PM

srsly y'all ~

centerponint energy just sent an email saying for all texas exmos to reduce energy ~

for f*ck sake ~

it is 75º in the beach shack ~

now ziller got to cut off the a/c too ? ~

brb ~

ziller gots to insulate the water pipes ~

in b 4 ~ the metal dog water dish freezes over ~

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: December 22, 2022 04:46PM

Poor Texas. Record breaking cold today in Bozeman. This morning hit -44 with a -61 wind chill. At least the days are getting longer!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 22, 2022 06:02PM

Ouch! Stay warm, Montanadude.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: December 22, 2022 06:10PM

There's a certain thrill in having mother nature make a completely credible attempt on your life, and surviving. Car tires unseal from wheel rims at temps like that. Not fun.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: December 22, 2022 07:27PM

I am in Texas. 2021 had a BAD freeze. We were out of power for days. Sleeping bad were our best friends. So cold. Gas stations ran out of gas. We have a gas stove so we could cook. The kids played outside in the little snow and got all their clothes wet. I charged my phone with the phone charger in the car. It was bad.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 23, 2022 01:25AM

For a not-so-loveable while, I lived in Duluth,MN, where it’s currently (2230 hrs, 12/22) -22/C…

As I seem to recall, I was baptized there…

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 23, 2022 02:31AM

HIGH setting?

Date: December 24, 2022 01:36PM

In another forum I post in, a Michigan member is crowing over trading in his Tesla for a spanking new Bronco--just in time!

We had a nasty blizzard in 2013. I was recently retired, and driving taxi to pay down the mortgage. Camry hybrids! I began just as it started, and the city declared a state of emergency--no vehicular traffic allowed, not even city transit. Well, screw that! I got a bag of rock salt and a snow shovel and went out anyway. I drove a 24-hour "double," and had to shovel that miserable machine out five or six times, but made several hundred (pre-inflation) dollars!

Date: December 24, 2022 10:03PM

[|] Wrote:
> https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/25/business/ford-escap
> e-bronco-sport-recall/index.html

The Bronco Sport is a Bronco in name only, and a twin to the 3-cylinder Escape. It competes against the likes of the soccer-mom Rav4, not a serious off-road vehicle. Would you go off-road in a vehicle with a donut for a spare? The full-size Bronco competes against the Wrangler. Apples and oranges, there.

I wonder how 20 fires in 500,000 (.004%) vehicles compares to the EV fire hazard?
>
> https://www.autoweek.com/news/trucks/a40774339/nht
> sa-ford-bronco-engine-investigation/

The immense demand for the Bronco, coupled with Covid and the supply-chain problems, forced Ford to look outside normal sources for parts. The "catastrophic" engine failures were serious, but "catastrophic" is hyperbole. They were limited to injector problems in a specific production run. The subpar parts (and supplier) were remedied with a standard recall.

The most common Bronco powerplant is Ford's 2.7L v-6, which has seen zillions of miles in thousands of models (including police packages) in scores of vehicle markets around the world.

Date: December 25, 2022 11:39PM

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/5a71c8b7404b4e569a080ea610e58c4b40f1705c1b139055fdf1bfa1fa757f9d.png?w=600&h=400

Note to [!]: I answered your post about stuck Broncos, above. A "live & learn" experience. Somebody once said, "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you planned on." So true!

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: December 26, 2022 05:31PM

I’m in the ski lodge drinking Irish coffee. Life is good!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.