Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: batidaforte ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 10:08PM

original thread closed so..

i am very new to beer. only really taken sips of it when i go out with friends. sips are sometimes tasty, but i can't see myself drinking an entire glass because everything comes across so rich. i like sweet and fruity flavors. i tend to water down lemonade because it is so strong. i was pleasantly surprised that i enjoyed the bud light lime my friends were drinking by the pool last weekend. i think my favorite so far has been the abita purple haze my friend gets at this cajun joint we go to regularly. any recommendations? preferably from the pacific northwest (gotta represent)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: free2bme ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 10:53PM

the Pac NW has some excellent micro breweries. Ninkasi is my hubby's fave. they have an IPA called total domination that has great pineapple flavors with fruity notes and the hops are strong. my hubby and I grow hops and a brewer friend of ours turns it into a few kegs of IPA every summer. some other pnw faves are Sierra Nevada and Bridgeport. oh, and Rogue Ales too...

Posted by: batidaforte ( )
Date: July 14, 2011 11:22PM

wow that sounds good i love pineapple. thanks free

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 12:39AM

or does "Betty's Sweat" smell weird? I couldn't get past the smell to taste it. Then again, I've been drinking champagne all night.

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 10:31AM

Do you want recommendations of actual fruit beers, or just beers that have fruity tastes to them?

Because any good English bitter or pale ale (unfortunately few of them are available in the US) will have some fruity aspects to its flavor profile.

Posted by: imalive ( )
Date: July 15, 2011 10:31AM

Anybody got any recommendations for Wisconsin beer?

Date: July 15, 2011 10:33AM

Their Belgian Red is the top rated fruit beer in the world. They also do awesome pilsner, zwickl and cream stout.

Date: July 15, 2011 12:06PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.